Southampton this season...

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:54 am

MOTHER F***AAAAAAA!!!!

My "team to watch" this season and they haven't dissapointed so far...

:D

On a serious note though, self praise apart :D 

How impressive have they been? Playing some absolutely superb football and look so organised its untrue.

Solid at the back, creative through the midfield and decent upfront.

Lallana looks a hell player for me, if that lad could finish I think we'd be talking about an England regular with ease. His technical ability is superb. Got plenty of tricks and can see a ball aswell as being able to keep things simple. Just hope he can develop that swagger and confidence to take it to the next level. Luke Shaw looks handy aswell at left back, definate potential. Can defend and attack. Possible future England left back. (Does run like a gimp though).

Schneiderlin looks a good player in midfield as well, very tidy and solid, and that Lovren, well, I believe we've missed a trick. £7,000,000 for him? I'd take him over Sakho anyday of the week. Looks a really good player.

Keeper ain't to shabby either. Didn't Boruc used to play for Celtic?
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby stmichael » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:19 pm

Making a mockery of the anti foreign brigade in the media who laughed at Pochitinno when he got the job claiming that Adkins was unfairly treated. The proof is in the pudding now. Superbly organised and play one hell of a pressing game.

I'd take 5 or 6 of their squad and that's no exaggeration.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby jacdaniel » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:38 pm

Probably the best team in the league at the minute if you took resources, stadium size an fixture list etc into account.
Doing the best based on what they have like.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:42 pm

Bought players we should have purchased and got some great youngsters. A very very hard working team with some skill in crucial areas. They will become a solid prem club again
Benny The Noon

Postby damjan193 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:42 pm

As much as I respect what they've done so far, I think they'll end up like WBA last season. They do have a lot more quality in their squad than WBA did though so anything is possible. Lallana is definitely one of my favorites from this league.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:33 pm

damjan193 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:42 pm wrote:As much as I respect what they've done so far, I think they'll end up like WBA last season. They do have a lot more quality in their squad than WBA did though so anything is possible. Lallana is definitely one of my favorites from this league.

Wanyama is another I would take. Luke Shaw as well.

Rodriguez looks a player who could be a very useful option
Benny The Noon

Postby Stu the Red » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:22 pm

Lallana and Schneiderlin for Liverpool... wouldn't mind Lovren too.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC1990 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:31 pm

Lallana would be a treat

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:46 pm

Southampton have got a touch month coming up, and I think the bubble will burst with a few back to back defeats.  However, there's no denying their progress and they'll comfortably finish mid table.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:31 am

They have spent there money wisely combined with grooming some good youngsters, lallana is a quality player, we should be going for the likes of him rather than Allen and Henderson. I also like Lovren, Ramirez, Lambert and Shaw, nice little team they have going on there, Potchettino has done an excellent job so far.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:34 am

Lallana is boss
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby metalhead » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:21 pm

Lallana is f*cking great, can we get him at LFC?
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:48 am

On a dreadful run at the moment and dropped down to 8th, still above Man United though
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:49 am

They are meant to have played well but got caught out on the break.
Villa are a very good counter attacking side and scored some quality goals last night.

The other defeats where Arsenal and Chelsea away so tough games.
They will come back. I still think they are a very good side and have one of the best midfields in the league.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Stu the Red » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:37 pm

Ben Patrick » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:49 am wrote:They are meant to have played well but got caught out on the break.
Villa are a very good counter attacking side and scored some quality goals last night.

The other defeats where Arsenal and Chelsea away so tough games.
They will come back. I still think they are a very good side and have one of the best midfields in the league.

Played very well and got hit by some stupidly good goals.

Missed Schneiderlin, will miss Wanyama and Clyne in coming weeks though. Not a very strong squad, have 12 or 13 good players, beyond that they're poor. Still think they'll have a good season though. Like the way they play.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion