shreks new contract

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:26 pm

reports are that the handsome one has landed a new improved contract that will pay him a whopping "SIXTY FIVE MILLION" in wages over the next 4 years  :laugh:
it amounts to £360K a week  :lookaround 
they have also given assurances that they will give moyes a staggering " TWO HUNDRED MILLION" to sign players with  Image

is he really that good  ??? he's decent enough imo with good workrate but is far from a prolific striker and worth anything near that disgusting amount.
madness is what it is  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:19 pm

I just wish we could afford at least half of that to spend on players.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:50 pm

damjan193 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:19 pm wrote:I just wish we could afford at least half of that to spend on players.

We all do but I would never wish we had it at the expense of being owned by the Glazers. Half a billion of debt, most of which was never cleared and existed as part of the Glazers purchase of the club. They put some of the club up for sale as tradable shares, checked how well they're doing at the moment??

I truly believe that united will be in some serious sh!t someday with that mountain of leveraged debt
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:05 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:50 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:19 pm wrote:I just wish we could afford at least half of that to spend on players.

We all do but I would never wish we had it at the expense of being owned by the Glazers. Half a billion of debt, most of which was never cleared and existed as part of the Glazers purchase of the club. They put some of the club up for sale as tradable shares, checked how well they're doing at the moment??

I truly believe that united will be in some serious sh!t someday with that mountain of leveraged debt

You're correct, Man Utd are in a very precarious position and the next 6 months (and 6 signings) are going to be very significant. However, the idea of giving Moyes 200 million to spend would fill me with fear if I was a manure fan...he's out of his depth and will take them into mid table obscurity, whilst empting their bank in the process.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:21 am

SouthCoastShankly » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:50 pm wrote:

that day is a long time coming  :down:  they have been unsustainable for years but yet can pull off this level of investment. they will need a few seasons without cl or prem success before they hit the skids.
given this type of backing it wont be happening anytime soon
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:12 pm

red till i die!! » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:21 am wrote:
SouthCoastShankly » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:50 pm wrote:

that day is a long time coming  :down:  they have been unsustainable for years but yet can pull off this level of investment. they will need a few seasons without cl or prem success before they hit the skids.
given this type of backing it wont be happening anytime soon

Was thinking the same. I'm not that familiar with the subject about their debt but I've been hearing about it for years now and how it will eventually be the end of them. Well it doesn't look like they have any sort of a money crisis to me. With our policy we'll go bankrupt a lot sooner than they will!
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:16 pm

All I can think of is how much Man U will get for him from Real in the summer now he's signed an £85m deal. I'd bet Rooney would gain a few quid from such a move too.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby parchpea » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:44 am

Rooney wont move and the contract ensures that, this is a PR deal rather than football and they are compensating him
for not moving to Chelsea or Man City, which he would do without the incredible money.

As a footballer he is not worth that, but United are at a crossroads and dare not lose face at this point and watch
the share price slump if Rooney strayed.

Not only are footballers wages too high they are unethical now, its absolutely ridiculous.

We talk about the FA not putting money into grass roots which is right but so should these high earners, they should
never forget where they started and have the cash to put back and help out. Spread the wealth, they get off far too
easy.

Christ you cant possibly spend that much, its scandalous.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:00 am

parchpea » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:44 pm wrote:Rooney wont move and the contract ensures that, this is a PR deal rather than football and they are compensating him
for not moving to Chelsea or Man City, which he would do without the incredible money.

As a footballer he is not worth that, but United are at a crossroads and dare not lose face at this point and watch

Not only are footballers wages too high they are unethical now, its absolutely ridiculous.

We talk about the FA not putting money into grass roots which is right but so should these high earners, they should
never forget where they started and have the cash to put back and help out. Spread the wealth, they get off far too
easy.

Agreed, and yet Rooney sells a lot of tickets and a lot of shirts, as do all the highest paid players. So they get a % of the value they bring in. Fans pay to see him and that's that.

Why people would pay to see Shrek is beyond me, but that's why he gets what he gets. Still, what'cha expect from that lot? And Rooney has 'em by the nuts now. If they fail to make the CL, and Real make a nice bid, I'm not sure they could do a lot to keep him. They'd want the money. Shrek would get his "loyalty" bonus, Real would get Shrek, and we'd be rid of him. Everyone's a winner.
RedAnt

Postby parchpea » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:57 am

RedAnt » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:00 am wrote:
parchpea » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:44 pm wrote:Rooney wont move and the contract ensures that, this is a PR deal rather than football and they are compensating him

easy.

Agreed, and yet Rooney sells a lot of tickets and a lot of shirts, as do all the highest paid players. So they get a % of the value they bring in. Fans pay to see him and that's that.

Why people would pay to see Shrek is beyond me, but that's why he gets what he gets. Still, what'cha expect from that lot? And Rooney has 'em by the nuts now. If they fail to make the CL, and Real make a nice bid, I'm not sure they could do a lot to keep him. They'd want the money. Shrek would get his "loyalty" bonus, Real would get Shrek, and we'd be rid of him. Everyone's a winner.

Be amazed if Madrid or any big hitter came in for him as frankly he is not good enough, and any thoughts that he is
are propaganda by the Man United PR machine paying off media outlets.

More chance of Madrid or Barcelona moving for any of our front 3 that started today than Rooney.

City or Chelsea would have taken him though and he would have walked for a penny short of this deal.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:34 am

Well personally I've never understood what's so special about him, but he's admired. Even Gerrard thinks he's mint. Whenever I watch him play he's sh*t. Especially for England. I always assume I'm too dim to see how good he is, or maybe I just hate him.

Either way, this deal gives him and the scum more security. A five year deal stinks of desperation and at £300k a week or whatever it is, the scum have more money than sense. I'd blame Moyes and his Football Manager ways, but I don't think they trust him with that stuff. I might be wrong.

Shrek and his bird must be laughing though.
RedAnt

Postby ethanr » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:21 am

He's worth nowhere near that kind of money. There's easily 10-15 players in the prem that are better than him on much less money.

Here's the thing about rooney. he doesn't actually care about football. He openly admits he doesn't watch the world cup draws, and this is the 3rd time he's threatened to leave united, only changing his mind when they offered more money. He often attacks players with stupid kicks and swings or punches that are clear as day red cards, and he doesn't care how it affects his team, it's all about him. That's all it is, it's the money that he wants, that's what he cares about. Yes he wants to win, because if he wins he can demand more money.

He doesn't care about united, or their fans, he cares about rooney, and I'm glad he doesn't play for us. I wouldn't want him anywhere near our squad because there's no room for mercenaries like him when we're trying to be competitive.

I dunno about this 200 million promise for summer investment, I don't think the Glazers would be willing to give that kind of cash to moyes, or any manager at that. I think people are just talking at this point.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby devaney » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:40 pm

Look what happened after they sold Ronaldo. They said there was £100m available for transfers and that did not happen. Moyes and United have had to do something positive to satisfy the players, fans and more importably the sponsors and shareholders. The Rooney deal which I have read is £240k a week plus the management of his image rights. The press will write any old shite to paint them in a good light. Lets face it half of them having been creeping up Sir's arse for years. THEY WILL NOT SPEND £200m especially if they don't get into the CL. And if that is the case they may also have problems convincing top names that United is the place to be.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Return to Premiership - General Discussion