2013/2014 Other Scores  Significant or not

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby devaney » Thu May 08, 2014 8:12 am

Quite a few people after the Chelsea game commented things like all we needed was a draw, BR yywas naive and BR got his tactics wrong. I made the point that it is not that easy to get a draw and last night really proved my point. Villa managed to stop City from scoring for about 55 minutes and admittedly during that time they limited City's chances. Villa played with a 5 4 1 formation for virtually the entire game and lost 4-0 that kind of supports my theory that it isn't that easy to get a draw.

I would also seriously question just what Villa were trying to achieve last night. A draw wouldn't have helped them move up the table but a win could have. In fact if Villa had won their last two games they could have potentially moved several places up the table which would have been worth several million pounds. So why did they only have 3 attempts and no shots on target during the entire game. During the second half when the game was lost they still had no attempts on City's goal. VILLA DID NOT HAVE ONE ATTEMPT ON CITY'S GOAL DURING THE SECOND HALF? Were City really that good and Villa just incredibly poor or was something else going on? I just hope that West Ham put up a much greater fight than Villa or I really will be smelling a very large rat. Just a thought..................
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Thu May 08, 2014 10:14 am

going into the last day and we can still win it.
not been able to say that for a long long time.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Thu May 08, 2014 11:55 am

yep, of course City are already giving the open top bus a clean and wax, topping up the oil and why not after all it's theirs to lose now. We have to go and make sure we beat toons. then at least we've challanged right up until the very last game and that hasn't happened for a long time!
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Thu May 08, 2014 6:30 pm

Not only we must beat Newcastle but we need to put a couple in quickly the first half just so if City were to go in during half time knowing the score, it might just make them panic and thus we nick the title in the most astonished finish since 1989?
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Sun May 11, 2014 5:35 pm

Fair play to Citeh, Well disregarding FFP anyway.  They were the better team this season.  Funny seeing how many translators are needed in their celebration interviews.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Mon May 12, 2014 11:00 pm

The Good Yank » Sun May 11, 2014 8:35 am wrote:Fair play to Citeh, Well disregarding FFP anyway.  They were the better team this season.  Funny seeing how many translators are needed in their celebration interviews.

I thought the same thing. And you could barely understand those who did speak English. Is Hart their only English starter? I can only think of Milner as another English player that actually plays, since they realized Rodwell was nowhere near worth the money they spent for him.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby damjan193 » Tue May 13, 2014 1:23 pm

ethanr » Mon May 12, 2014 11:00 pm wrote:
The Good Yank » Sun May 11, 2014 8:35 am wrote:Fair play to Citeh, Well disregarding FFP anyway.  They were the better team this season.  Funny seeing how many translators are needed in their celebration interviews.

I thought the same thing. And you could barely understand those who did speak English. Is Hart their only English starter? I can only think of Milner as another English player that actually plays, since they realized Rodwell was nowhere near worth the money they spent for him.

There were some stats about how would the league table look if only English players counted. City were 18th, getting relegated. Needles to say, we would have been first.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Premiership - General Discussion