Man City

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun May 08, 2016 10:50 pm

Watched Man City Vs Arsenal on the telly box tonight and amazed at the abuse and utter disdain the fans have for him. The City forums are filled with abuse, while less than 1/3 of their fans stayed back to say goodbye to the guy who won them the league and got them to the semi finals of the Champions League.

Ok, his title win was a couple of years back, but he is still the ONLY guy to get City to the semi finals of the CL. Shocking behaviour to treat only the second guy to win them a  Premier League title this way. Doesn't he deserve some respect or am I wrong?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Mon May 09, 2016 4:50 am

can't be too surprised.. Hard to tell if the people who attend their matches now were actually fans more than a few years ago. Just a bunch of people demanding results, and players who don't really care much for the team.

If it's any consolation, either united won't make the CL this year, or City who will be managed by "the great Pep Guardiola" won't. I'd love to see united miss out again, but there'd be something oddly enjoyable about seeing the surprise on Pep's face when he realizes he won't be in the CL next year.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 09, 2016 12:22 pm

ethanr » Mon May 09, 2016 3:50 am wrote:can't be too surprised.. Hard to tell if the people who attend their matches now were actually fans more than a few years ago. Just a bunch of people demanding results, and players who don't really care much for the team.

If it's any consolation, either united won't make the CL this year, or City who will be managed by "the great Pep Guardiola" won't. I'd love to see united miss out again, but there'd be something oddly enjoyable about seeing the surprise on Pep's face when he realizes he won't be in the CL next year.

I actually hope that it's City that misses out, as much as I can't stand United it would be funny to see moneybags City (and Guardiola) in the EL. The way their fans piled out of the Etihad yesterday leaving Pellegrini to say his farewells to an empty stadium was terrible, I actually felt awful for the fella.
Besides if United win the FA cup and qualify for the CL it gives their board a tough decision to make regarding the Van Gaal/Mourinho situation. If they miss out on the top 4 Van Gaal's gone IMO.
They used to have decent fans City, money can buy you trophies but it can't buy you class.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon May 09, 2016 2:56 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 09, 2016 12:22 pm wrote:I actually hope that it's City that misses out, as much as I can't stand United it would be funny to see moneybags City (and Guardiola) in the EL. The way their fans piled out of the Etihad yesterday leaving Pellegrini to say his farewells to an empty stadium was terrible, I actually felt awful for the fella.

I'm also torn on this one Yakka. As much as I think Pellegrini seems like a decent fella, given the money (=players they can buy) at their disposal imo they've seriously underachieved . Part of me would love too see City out of the CL with that Rat Sterling sucking his teeth as he watches us qualify via the Europa league   :D

On the other hand, The Scum not qualifying for the CL is always a day too celebrate.

Hope City Qualify, Pellegrini walks away with some dignity and Man U continue to stew.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon May 09, 2016 4:10 pm

Not torn at all ,it seems I cant shift my deep seated loathing for United enough to allow City to fail ,besides which I don't relish  Guardiola just concentrating on winning the league ,and the Champions League could prove a distraction. Also a plus point is United retaining the services of Van Ghoul if he manages to squeeze them into the top four. Other than that Its a completely perpetuated  myth that City have a good fan base ,its an absolute disgrace they should leave the stadium in what was the managers last home game and deny him the reverence he merited for being a title winning manager.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Mon May 09, 2016 5:18 pm

Same here. I'd take City over Utd every day of the week. Would have been even better if Utd had finished 4th, City had won the CL and we won the Europa. As it stands, I'd take Utd dropping points in injuring time of game 38 to lose 4th to City as a consolation.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Tue May 10, 2016 1:25 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon May 09, 2016 7:10 am wrote:Not torn at all ,it seems I cant shift my deep seated loathing for United enough to allow City to fail ,besides which I don't relish  Guardiola just concentrating on winning the league ,and the Champions League could prove a distraction. Also a plus point is United retaining the services of Van Ghoul if he manages to squeeze them into the top four. Other than that Its a completely perpetuated  myth that City have a good fan base ,its an absolute disgrace they should leave the stadium in what was the managers last home game and deny him the reverence he merited for being a title winning manager.

I remember when Hughes was going to be sacked after the club was bought. Everybody showed him respect after his last home game. He was doing a well enough job, he just wasn't big enough for the club after it was bought. The fans gave him a proper goodbye.

I just don't think the same fans attend the games anymore, and if they are they've lost a huge part of what it means to be part of a football club.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue May 10, 2016 6:20 am

ethanr » Tue May 10, 2016 12:25 am wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon May 09, 2016 7:10 am wrote:Not torn at all ,it seems I cant shift my deep seated loathing for United enough to allow City to fail ,besides which I don't relish  Guardiola just concentrating on winning the league ,and the Champions League could prove a distraction. Also a plus point is United retaining the services of Van Ghoul if he manages to squeeze them into the top four. Other than that Its a completely perpetuated  myth that City have a good fan base ,its an absolute disgrace they should leave the stadium in what was the managers last home game and deny him the reverence he merited for being a title winning manager.

I remember when Hughes was going to be sacked after the club was bought. Everybody showed him respect after his last home game. He was doing a well enough job, he just wasn't big enough for the club after it was bought. The fans gave him a proper goodbye.

I just don't think the same fans attend the games anymore, and if they are they've lost a huge part of what it means to be part of a football club.

Totally agree with this mate ,the modern fan is a curious and fickle  creature ,certainly not cut from the same cloth I remember.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Tue May 10, 2016 6:53 am

City can have fouth place. Pepe has an awful CL record with Bayern !! United can fk off   :laugh:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Tue May 10, 2016 7:01 am

I dont remember seeing too many signs on the Kop thanking Rogers for the good times !! Most fans simply decided to give the team and mainly Suarez the credit when we nearly won the league. As you say RBG fans are fickle  :laugh:
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Tue May 10, 2016 11:01 am

devaney » Tue May 10, 2016 5:53 am wrote:City can have fouth place. Pepe has an awful CL record with Bayern !! United can fk off   :laugh:

3 semi finals on the trot is hardly awful

I wouldn't back United to win a raffle, never mind a football match. City can have it for me
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby devaney » Tue May 10, 2016 11:53 am

Klopptomaniac » Tue May 10, 2016 10:01 am wrote:
devaney » Tue May 10, 2016 5:53 am wrote:City can have fouth place. Pepe has an awful CL record with Bayern !! United can fk off   :laugh:

3 semi finals on the trot is hardly awful

I wouldn't back United to win a raffle, never mind a football match. City can have it for me

They have spent a veritable shed load of money. Isn't Gardiola on something like £10m a year? Did they get to final during his tenure and did they win it? Relatively speaking I think that's awful. Ask a Bayern supporter what they think if you need confirmation  :D
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue May 10, 2016 1:04 pm

devaney » Tue May 10, 2016 6:01 am wrote:I dont remember seeing too many signs on the Kop thanking Rogers for the good times !! Most fans simply decided to give the team and mainly Suarez the credit when we nearly won the league. As you say RBG fans are fickle  :laugh:

Thing is, Rodgers didn't win anything. If he had won the league and then left a couple of seasons later when his contract was up I'd like to think most fans would stay to say thanks and goodbye.

I use to respect Man City fans (they use to get 30,000 for league 1 games a few years back) but there is a change in their mentality, if BlueMoon is anything to go by. Some on there were calling for him to be sacked within a week of winning the league cup  :laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 10, 2016 1:16 pm

devaney » Tue May 10, 2016 6:01 am wrote:I dont remember seeing too many signs on the Kop thanking Rogers for the good times !! Most fans simply decided to give the team and mainly Suarez the credit when we nearly won the league. As you say RBG fans are fickle  :laugh:

Totally different situations, for a start Rodgers was sacked (somewhat out of the blue) after a 1-1 draw at Goodison so no big formal send off was planned like it was at City. Besides since they were formed in 1880 City have won 3 league titles and Pellegrini gave them 1 of those 3, for that fact alone you'd think they wait around to thank him.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:09 pm

We must be worrying Pep he is trying his mind games by calling Mane a diver
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion