Going too far? - At arsenal now...

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby dawson99 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:10 am

got this from an arsenal mate, soemthing they are doing:

Arsenal introduce anti-social text service
Arsenal Football Club is continually striving to ensure that supporters’ experience of Emirates Stadium is as comfortable and enjoyable as possible.

Although we acknowledge that anti-social behaviour is not a major problem in our stadium, we are keen to stress that we do not tolerate foul language, racist chanting, homophobic chanting or any anti-social behaviour at Emirates Stadium.

Whether Arsenal supporters or visiting fans are responsible, we will take action — through the courts if necessary — to stamp out this unacceptable behaviour. Where evidence exists (including video evidence), prosecutions will follow.

In a continued effort to eradicate anti-social behaviour at Emirates Stadium, the Club is today introducing an Anti-Social Text Service, where we are offering supporters the opportunity to identify anti-social behaviour taking place close to them in the stadium.

The service is simple to use. If you are experiencing antisocial behaviour close to you, whether it be foul language, racist abuse, smoking, people standing blocking your view, homophobic abuse or evidence of ticket touting, send us a text message to identify the problem. Type in the relevant keyword to describe
the anti-social behaviour being experienced: FOUL, RACE, SMOKE, STAND, HPH or TOUT. Within the message, ideally we require you to identify your block, row and seat number, and also identify the location of the anti-social behaviour, being as precise as possible.

For example, text the keyword followed by your message to 67777. Eg. STAND — I’m in Block 94 Row 10 Seat 13. Problem two rows in front.

This message is then received by a computer in the stadium Matchday Control Room, which sends an automatic reply to each sender.

The Club will then make every effort to deal with the problem by informing matchday stewards of the situation. If the Club is unable to deal with the alleged problem on the matchday, each text will be followed up and investigated.

Each text message costs one standard message at your network rate. For terms and conditions, please visit www.arsenal.com/terms.

Arsenal Football Club Stadium Manager and Safety Officer, John Beattie said: “We are proud of our supporters and speaking from over 20 years of experience as the Stadium Manager at Highbury and now at Emirates Stadium, I can say that we do not have a major anti-social problem at Arsenal Football Club. However, we have introduced this Anti-Social Text Service to give supporters the opportunity to identify any issues that may arise on a matchday. We will make every effort to deal with alleged problems on the matchday and will follow up every individual text.”

and heres some responces so far from the gooners:

And they wonder why theres no f*ckin atmosphere at the Emirates.

These new Arsenal, PC bandwaggon merchants now turning into playground snitches will kill this club.

I'm really seariosly thinking if a grand a year for my season ticket is worth it anymore. You cant shout, let off steam, stand up, take the :censored:, :censored: all. Its like going to the :censored: opera.

Makes me sick.

Sadder still the Club pander to these :censored: ignoring us, its true lifeblood who have followed the boys since schooldays, through thick and thin, the not so glory years, home and away regardless. Now its trendy to be a "footy fan" we are surplus to requirements.

Will they call it 'Grass a Gooner' ? All this :censored: may come back to bite them on the :censored: in years to come, if we go through a decade of Tottenham ness.

Sad thing is I hope it does
Grassing c**ts!!!

Best bet is to bombard to service constantly with bollox and make it impossible for the jobsworth :censored: reading it to decipher(sp?) which is a legit bubble-up and which is not. F*ck-em.........................

Got to admit meself, this is a nany state gone too far. how long before this happens at every club? Where whatever u say could be misconstrued into something else and you could be going to court for saying the referee pleasures himself!

thoughts?
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:51 am

Great topic Daws and it really is getting beyond a joke.
But its not just happenin at Arsenal . OK maybe this text thingy is new but trying to support your team sometimes in the only way you know how is getting on my nerves

Supporting your team especialy away from home is becoming a joke . I am quite vocal at matches allways have been and wont change but you get some stupid nob eds who come out of the woodwork once a season when Liverpool is playing near to wear they live. A family day out, now im not knockin supporters who cant get to the game because of the distance that they may live or that they have moved away (cause im one of them movers) but let me support my team , but if i wanna shout or moan at the matches then then these family day outers should let me do it .

I was at the Charlton game last season and me and a couple of my mates were seated next to a family the dad a posh cockney , his mrs and 2 kids, . all through the game we kept gettin told to be quiet , dont abuse the ref, stop standig up when we were on the attack or when corners were being taken, WTF , im no sping chichen but i still love and get exited and at matches thats what its all about . this man actualy said.  to my mate if you swear again infront of my wife and kids im gonna report you to a steward or the police. Its not a day out at a museam its a :censored: footie match for gods sake .

I asked the man how many games have you been to lad dont you know what passion is . well his response was " first game my father was from Crosby and i thought it a good idear to bring the family to show them which team he supported as a lad". :censored: gob smacked,

Youve got people going to games now that no :censored: all about what its like to be a supporter, id say take your flask of tea and your check blanket that you use to keep the cold out and go and watch  a game of bowls

Let the fans be fans
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:48 am

I agree with the Arsenal policy.

Fans have to be careful with their language because kids may be nearby.

Smoking and standing are safety issues, so must not be allowed.

Homophobic or racist chanting have no place in football. That's not "PC", its just civilised behaviour.

If people think these things are part of "letting off steam", then I recommend a mental health clinic, rather than a football stadium.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:00 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:I agree with the Arsenal policy.

Fans have to be careful with their language because kids may be nearby.

Smoking and standing are safety issues, so must not be allowed.

Homophobic or racist chanting have no place in football. That's not "PC", its just civilised behaviour.

If people think these things are part of "letting off steam", then I recommend a mental health clinic, rather than a football stadium.

i never thought id hear that from you manhatten, so people should just sit quietly... not saying a word, no swearnig at the ref...

that will ruin football.

im not saying be racist ro whatever, but banter is what makes football.

no swearing, no smoking, no fun?
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:37 am

ok, example:
earleir in the season, the penalty chelsea got against us

effing hell ref, are you effing blind u c

now you can get fined arrested and kicked out of the stadium for this! where is the passion???

dont tell me manhatton youd rather the whole stadium said
"oh well, that was a poor decision but the referee is trying his best, dum dee dum"
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:47 am

dawson99 wrote:ok, example:
earleir in the season, the penalty chelsea got against us

effing hell ref, are you effing blind u c

now you can get fined arrested and kicked out of the stadium for this! where is the passion???

dont tell me manhatton youd rather the whole stadium said
"oh well, that was a poor decision but the referee is trying his best, dum dee dum"

But the problem Daws is its happening , You cant open you mouth anymore at games mind you it does sometimes matter who is sitting by you. Never mind the swearing youve got some people who dont even like you singing , one fella told me last season at Fulham do you mind being quiet im trying to concentrate on the match :laugh: ,I wont repeat what i said to him. But people like that should stay home and watch match of the day
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:25 pm

As soon as the report reached via SMS, a light focus should focus the telltale (not sure if you call telltale or squealer) in order to embarrass him.

That is going too far IMHO. Citizens should not do the work of the police men.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:58 am

i never thought id hear that from you manhatten, so people should just sit quietly... not saying a word, no swearnig at the ref...

that will ruin football.

im not saying be racist ro whatever, but banter is what makes football.

no swearing, no smoking, no fun?

Well, swearing at the ref isn't going to make him change his mind. If it could, then Rooney would never get booked.

Swearing I would restrict to non-family areas of the stadium. There could be a section where children are not allowed and those sitting in that section would have to agree through the act of purchasing a ticket, that they could not take offense at what they may hear. Even so, there would be limits. So any bad language related to sexism, racism, homophobia etc...would be banned.

As for smoking, nope. Out of the question. It's a safety risk.

The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:20 am

This can easily be solved with a dedicated family section.

Aside from the swearing I agree with grassing up racists.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:07 am

Football stadiums should be divided into the following zones.

1- The Family and Children Zone.
2- The Standing and Swearing Zone.
3- The Corporate Zone
4- The Tourist and Cameras Zone.
5- The Hooligan Zone (weapons provided)
6- The Musical Band and Bare Bellies Zone
7- The Wigan Zone (featuring empty seats).
8- The Turkish Zone (fire and knives permitted).
9- The Sectarian Zone (where religious and political differences can be debated).
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:31 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:Football stadiums should be divided into the following zones.

1- The Family and Children Zone.
2- The Standing and Swearing Zone.
3- The Corporate Zone
4- The Tourist and Cameras Zone.
5- The Hooligan Zone (weapons provided)
6- The Musical Band and Bare Bellies Zone
7- The Wigan Zone (featuring empty seats).
8- The Turkish Zone (fire and knives permitted).
9- The Sectarian Zone (where religious and political differences can be debated).

Will family zone be provided with walkmans with headphones in order they don't hear the swearing zone?  :laugh:

Whatever happened to common sense? I swear a lot in the football games, I smoke. If the law changed, I'd respect the law and I wouldn't smoke. Now the law allows me to smoke in the football games I ask anyhow if they mind I smoke if I'm surrounded by a stranger (which doesn't happen often because you see the same fellas for years). But this telling with a phone has something terribly wrong. We don't go watching actively and calling the police when we are anywhere, and we shouldn't be that way in a football mach.

If we only had a bit of common sense this absurd measures wouldn't be necessary. I preffer the good old method of the surrounding people telling off the guy that goes too far. The police should only appear if there's a fight. But telling with a phone that someone's swearing? FFS, on rivalry games you'd have the computer that received the SMS out of order with an overflow in 3 minutes!  :D

BTW believe it or not, we do have a number 6 in Spanish stadiums with the band and everything.  :D
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:12 am

dude lives in the twilight zone.
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:57 pm

we could throw dawson onto the pitch for a laugh. would that be ok ? :D  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:24 pm

Swearing is not against the law,hardly think they can throw you out for colourful use of English! Abusing other fans, even away fans isn't really smart what ever way you look at because antagonizing  complete strangers isnt smart, especially if the've been on the sauce prior to the match. Smoking is a health hazard, and I think its banned at Anfield (Confirmation Scousers?) so wouldnt be suprised if it is at other grounds too. The racist and homophobic ones are probably a step too far, tho without stirring a hornets nest or starting a civil rights onslaught they're just words and can be easily dealt with, havn't saw a lynching at a match in a long time, even in Belfast :D
burjennio

Postby LiverpoolForLife » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:31 pm

i don't think there's anything wrong with it. if you pay 50 quid for a ticket, you should at least feel safe.
LiverpoolForLife

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion