Ferguson

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby damjan193 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:52 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:20 am wrote:his comments about hargreaves are just as strange, at least he acknowledges gerrard could win a match on his own, saying hargreaves took the easy options in training is basically calling him a lazy ####.
i remember when england played portugal (i think it was in the world cup QF`s in 2006) when rooney got sent off. england were down to 10 men on a boiling hot summer afternoon against a side that liked to knock it around. hargreaves (and ashley cole) were outstanding that day, i`ve never seen a player run so much as hargreaves did in that game, i think he lost nearly a stone which is a hell of a lot when your a professional footballer and carry virtually no excess weight to start with.
rooney saw red early in the second half but despite that england managed to take it to pens mainly because despite the 30 degree heat hargreaves did the work of two or three men.
hargreaves was awarded the fifa MoM award and was the only england player to score his pen.
united signed him on the back of that performance (he was playing for bayern at the time) so to call him lazy is unbelievable.
injuries obviously blighted the lads career, you`d think ferguson would have a bit of sympathy.

Hargreaves was one of my favorite players at the time. The guy was a real pro and IMO one of the best DMs of his time. It's a real shame he got injured.

Anyway, I don't how can people by surprised by Ferguson's comments, a man who's life mission was to surpass Liverpool in all possible aspects. The only reason he didn't retire earlier was because he wanted to win more Champions League medals than us. He might have had greater opponents than us in his career, like Chelsea or Arsenal, but it was always Liverpool that he obviously feared the most. I'll actually miss that, it added to the rivalry.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:54 pm

devaney » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:38 pm wrote:I cannot draw any other conclusion than the man is a grade "A" bitter old kunt. I just hope anybody that has defended Ferguson's idiotic comments about Gerrard has the ability to respect the views of one of the finest footballers the world has ever seen.

Even after he's retired he can't resist having a go at Liverpool FC. Apparently we need to sign 8 players to have a chance of the title. The man is one sad prick.

Couldn't agree more to release something like this only a few months after retiring from a long and successful career really shows the character of the man.

Its something you would expect an ageing rock star or actor who been out of limelight for a few years to put out as tabloid fodder for one last paycheck in exchange for their dignity
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:37 pm

I agree with his point we're seven or eight short, I agree with him saying that Keane and Scholes were better players than Gerrard.

I don't agree with those trying to turn it into a victimisation of Liverpool and I certainly don't agree with people that can't even comprehend what he's saying.

To be quite honest, I find it laughable that everyone just dismisses what has been said. To many people within LFC have this exact attitude and have done for a long time. Its the exact reason the club is in the situation it is in. Its not United's fault Liverpool are in this situation. Its the management of the club over the years, the coaches, the youth facilities, the complete strategy of the club and the transfer policy.

Quite frankly, a club of our size shouldn't be making the same mistakes for a 20 odd year period.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:14 pm

StuYesThatStu » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:37 pm wrote:I agree with his point we're seven or eight short, I agree with him saying that Keane and Scholes were better players than Gerrard.

I don't agree with those trying to turn it into a victimisation of Liverpool and I certainly don't agree with people that can't even comprehend what he's saying.

To be quite honest, I find it laughable that everyone just dismisses what has been said. To many people within LFC have this exact attitude and have done for a long time. Its the exact reason the club is in the situation it is in. Its not United's fault Liverpool are in this situation. Its the management of the club over the years, the coaches, the youth facilities, the complete strategy of the club and the transfer policy.

Quite frankly, a club of our size shouldn't be making the same mistakes for a 20 odd year period.

Nobody is dismissing what the sad old kunt is saying. They are fervently disagreeing with his typically bitter viewpoint. I find it staggering that you are prepared to continue defending Ferguson regarding Gerrard especially after Zidane's comments.Zidane was quite good.Perhaps you don't know who he is? Stu you've had your fun. Now admit it you're taking the pi.ss. How can you possibly defend anybody that says Gerrard wasn't a top,top player?
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:21 pm

devaney » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:14 pm wrote:
StuYesThatStu » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:37 pm wrote:I agree with his point we're seven or eight short, I agree with him saying that Keane and Scholes were better players than Gerrard.

Nobody is dismissing what the sad old kunt is saying. They are fervently disagreeing with his typically bitter viewpoint. I find it staggering that you are prepared to continue defending Ferguson regarding Gerrard especially after Zidane's comments.Zidane was quite good.Perhaps you don't know who he is? Stu you've had your fun. Now admit it you're taking the pi.ss. How can you possibly defend anybody that says Gerrard wasn't a top,top player?

Zidane made a very similar comment about Scholes calling him as close to the complete footballer as he's ever seen.

So how can you dismiss that?

The point is, Gerrard for two or three years did probably come under the top bracket. The other two done it for 10. Gerrard is a fabulous player, no-one is saying otherwise. I really don't get what all the fuss is about.

By saying the likes of Vieira, Keane and Scholes are better doesn't mean you're slagging someone off. f*ck, the fact he can be mentioned in the same scentence as those without it being an embarrassment says it all.

AGAIN... I have no problem with people saying that Gerrard is better than these players, but I do have problems with people who think he's miles better. If anything, there isn't much in it between the four of them. I'd personally put Gerrard fourth out of the four due to his tactical weaknesses, some would put him first because of his ability to score winning goals... thats fine. It depends what you value.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:49 pm

Stu - I'm not dismissing anything Zidane said about Scholes. Not too sure what the relevance of that comment is.

I'm concerned that you are prepared to agree with Ferguson that Gerrard is not a top,top player and nothing else. Bit strange really when you rate him number four in a group of of virtually world class players.

You say Gerrard performed at the top for two or three years. That is simply utter fkg nonsense of the highest possible order. In the talking shight league that would make you a top,top player  :laugh:
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:37 pm

devaney » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:49 pm wrote:Stu - I'm not dismissing anything Zidane said about Scholes. Not too sure what the relevance of that comment is.

I'm concerned that you are prepared to agree with Ferguson that Gerrard is not a top,top player and nothing else. Bit strange really when you rate him number four in a group of of virtually world class players.

You say Gerrard performed at the top for two or three years. That is simply utter fkg nonsense of the highest possible order. In the talking shight league that would make you a top,top player  :laugh:

You really think thats funny?

???

I used to think you had a sense of humour aswell! :no

:D

I believe Gerrard doesn't have the tactical nouse of the other three. The other three players very rarely if ever got out passed and out played in a game. I've seen players of far lesser quality than Steven out think him, out pass him and dominate him during games. There have been alot of games in the past where Gerrard has had a mare and scored a worldie. Thats my point. The others may not have scored the worldie, but they wouldn't have had lesser players dominate them in the same way.

As I said, its much of a muchness, Gerrard is definately up there for me... but also, he's just below the three I've mentioned for the reasons mentioned. For me, that's why I can see what Ferguson's point is.

What makes it different for Steven is the amount of goals
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:53 pm

StuYesThatStu » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:37 pm wrote:
devaney » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:49 pm wrote:Stu - I'm not dismissing anything Zidane said about Scholes. Not too sure what the relevance of that comment is.

???

I believe Gerrard doesn't have the tactical nouse of the other three. The other three players very rarely if ever got out passed and out played in a game. I've seen players of far lesser quality than Steven out think him, out pass him and dominate him during games. There have been alot of games in the past where Gerrard has had a mare and scored a worldie. Thats my point. The others may not have scored the worldie, but they wouldn't have had lesser players dominate them in the same way.

As I said, its much of a muchness, Gerrard is definately up there for me... but also, he's just below the three I've mentioned for the reasons mentioned. For me, that's why I can see what Ferguson's point is.

Stu - I'm not interested in drawing comparisons. I'm only interested in one thing that you agreed with earlier in this thread. You agreed with Ferguson that Gerrard was not a top,top player. Even my bitter blue mates think the sad old twat is talking shight. How many top professional footballers have to openly disagree with Ferguson's idiotic comments before you accept that just maybe both him and yourself have got it wrong.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:44 am

devaney » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:53 pm wrote:
StuYesThatStu » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:37 pm wrote:

???

Stu - I'm not interested in drawing comparisons. I'm only interested in one thing that you agreed with earlier in this thread. You agreed with Ferguson that Gerrard was not a top,top player. Even my bitter blue mates think the sad old twat is talking shight. How many top professional footballers have to openly disagree with Ferguson's idiotic comments before you accept that just maybe both him and yourself have got it wrong.

Hell would need to freeze over before I'd doubt my opinion on a footballer. :D
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:49 am

And on that note it is time to put this to bed. It's been emotional  :laugh:
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby supersub » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:28 am

StuYesThatStu » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:37 pm wrote:[quote="[url=http://www.liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=1222451#p1222451]I believe Gerrard doesn't have the tactical nouse of the other three. The other three players very rarely if ever got out passed and out played in a game. I've seen players of far lesser quality than Steven out think him, out pass him and dominate him during games. There have been alot of games in the past where Gerrard has had a mare and scored a worldie. Thats my point. The others may not have scored the worldie, but they wouldn't have had lesser players dominate them in the same way.

I would just like to agree with stu here ...... :laugh:  now I'm going to refrain from posting for a day for my sin :D
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby fivecups » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:35 am

Someone elses post, a good one.

Ferguson is allowed an opinion.

He just loses credibility. His choice.

After all, he did contradict HIMSELF by saying it, and he did try to buy him. Twice.

"‘He has become the most influential player in England, bar none,’ Ferguson enthused. ‘More than Vieira. Not that Vieira lacks anything, but I think he does more for his team than Vieira does and has way more to his game. I’ve watched him quite a lot. Anyone would love to have him in their team"

You like facts. So, tell me, how can SG, nominated 3 times for FIFA World Team of the year, 3 times UEFA team of the year, 7 times PFA team of the year, and a Ballon d'Or bronze medal winner- essentially putting him 3rd best player IN THE WORLD, not be a 'top, top player' -

But Paul Scholes, twice PFA team of the year, ZERO times UEFA TOTY. ZERO times World TOTY, ZERO Ballon d'Or nominations, IS.....

Bear in mind that Fergie is supposed not to have anything of a chip on his shoulder, or any agenda according to you.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:39 am

He also commented on the handshake fiasco and suggested Suarez deliberately sped up when he came to Evra, said he'd watched the footage a few times. *****.

Last edited by fivecups on Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:42 am

A better one.

fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:21 am

fivecups » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:35 am wrote:Someone elses post, a good one.

Ferguson is allowed an opinion.

He just loses credibility. His choice.

After all, he did contradict HIMSELF by saying it, and he did try to buy him. Twice.

"‘He has become the most influential player in England, bar none,’ Ferguson enthused. ‘More than Vieira. Not that Vieira lacks anything, but I think he does more for his team than Vieira does and has way more to his game. I’ve watched him quite a lot. Anyone would love to have him in their team"

You like facts. So, tell me, how can SG, nominated 3 times for FIFA World Team of the year, 3 times UEFA team of the year, 7 times PFA team of the year, and a Ballon d'Or bronze medal winner- essentially putting him 3rd best player IN THE WORLD, not be a 'top, top player' -

But Paul Scholes, twice PFA team of the year, ZERO times UEFA TOTY. ZERO times World TOTY, ZERO Ballon d'Or nominations, IS.....

Bear in mind that Fergie is supposed not to have anything of a chip on his shoulder, or any agenda according to you.

Excellent post mate. To think that this miserable sad deluded old kunt has once again got Liverpool supporters arguing amongst themselves. The agenda is so transparent it's pathetic. At least on this occasion not only Liverpool supporters (well most of them) think he is a prat, the vast majority of people feel the same unless of cause they are one of Ferguson's youth !!
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext