David moyes - He finally wins something

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:11 am

Everton FC manager David Moyes has accepted damages and an apology from Wayne Rooney over comments the England striker made in his autobiography.

The undisclosed sum is being paid to Moyes by Rooney, co-author Hunter Davies and publisher HarperCollins, a judge in London heard.

Moyes's Solicitor Edward Parladorio told Mr Justice Eady that in the autobiography, Wayne Rooney - My Story So Far, his client was accused of "a serious breach of trust towards a young player under his management".

He said Moyes was accused of leaking the contents of a private and confidential conversation, during which the star stated his intention to leave Everton, to a local newspaper.

Mr Parladorio told the court that the allegation was "wholly untrue".

After the brief hearing, Moyes said in a statement: "I am glad that these issues have now been resolved and that my name has been fully cleared in this matter."

:D
112-1077774096

Postby Judge » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:05 pm

whatever happened to free speech :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:51 am

he's not such a bad old ginger after all

EVERTON manager David Moyes is to donate his Wayne Rooney libel damages to a charity which helps former players.

The Blues boss sued his former player over a claim in his biography My Story So Far which accused him of a “serious breach of trust”.

The footballer suggested Moyes leaked details of a private conversation – during which Rooney stated his intention to leave the club – to the ECHO.

At the High Court yesterday solicitor Sarah Toolin, representing Rooney, his co-author Hunter Davies and publishers HarperCollins, accepted the allegation was untrue.

Moyes has now accepted “substantial” undisclosed libel damages

And today he confirmed he will donate the cash to the Everton Former Players Foundation – a charity which has helped more than 200 players with anything from payment for hip replacements to addiction counselling.

As well as helping former players “who did not have the luxury of today’s inflated wages”, the charity also helps underprivileged children across the world embrace football and donates equipment and Everton kits.

Trustee Reverend Harry Ross, who with ECHO chief football writer David Prentice, helped found the charity eight years ago, said: “We are delighted David has made this gesture and that his reputation has been re-established.”

Moyes was also annoyed by passages in the book which accused him of being ultimately responsible for Rooney’s £27m transfer to Manchester Utd in 2004.

After the brief hearing in London, Moyes said in a statement: “I am glad these issues have now been resolved and my name fully cleared in this matter.

“Anyone who knows me well would, I hope, regard me as a man of honour and integrity.

“I was disappointed and wanted people to know what had been written was untrue.”

Ian Monk Associates, who represent Wayne Rooney, said: “All costs and damages in this case are being met by the publishers, HarperCollins.”
112-1077774096

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:13 pm

Former players :D , gazza
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Premiership - General Discussion