>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:46 pm

neil wrote:Which one plays for arsenal?

Armande Traore, Bacary Sagna, Chamakh and Abou Diaby :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:08 pm

aCe' wrote:Lets all hope they dont end up getting Hazard... If they do sign him, they are back to having a better attacking lineup than both us and Spurs imo..

Jeez dude, you're more depressing than Karhaz lately, Hazard wont make them better than us!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:23 pm

zarababe wrote:Nasri deal agreed with Manc City ..

its strange that its been announced today, a few hours ago they said he was included in the squad to face Udinese  :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:10 pm

aCe' wrote:Lets all hope they dont end up getting Hazard... If they do sign him, they are back to having a better attacking lineup than both us and Spurs imo..

you're joking lad...they're 3 players short and that's just to put together a good first 11. There's no depth there...just wait until Van Perse gets injured and see them struggle to get a single goal
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:32 pm

Hazard is a good player though and he would fit right in at Arsenal. Fingers crossed they implode.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:36 pm

Hazard - sounds risky to me

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby tubby » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:40 pm

That Frimpong looked pretty useful too, despite being a dirty :censored:. Also that Myiachi guy is being touted as the 2nd coming. They only really need someone in defence, a holding midfielder and someone creative. Honestly think all the fuss at Arsenal is a bit overboard. Arsenal fans have a history as being the most bi polar seconded only by Chelsea fans. They have some bad luck with injuries, but that's nothing new.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:05 am

7_Kewell wrote:

you're joking lad...they're 3 players short and that's just to put together a good first 11. There's no depth there...just wait until Van Perse gets injured and see them struggle to get a single goal

No joke... I said "attacking lineup" and Hazard in my books is on par with Fabregas and Silva as far as playmakers go...

I think many are forgetting that they have quality players in attacking positions even now without signing anyone...

Arshavin, Gervinho, Van Persie is a very strong attacking trio by any standards.. If they play a 4-3-3 with Wilshere being the most advanced in the center then they're sorted in the final third imo and still have the likes of Walcott, Bendtner, and Chamakh to call on... The only problem is that they dont have enough depth or quality down the middle of the park (not defensively) to play that..

In all likelyhood, they'll have to play a 4-2-3-1 which means they'll need 3 good attacking midfielders.. In Gervinho - Hazard - Arshavin they'll have just that..

Put in perspective :

Arsenal :

Gervinho          Hazard          Arshavin

RVP

Backup (Walcott, Rosicky, Chamberlain, Bendtner, Chamakh)

Liverpool :

Kuyt               Gerrard (inj?)    Downing

Suarez

backup (Henderson, Maxi, Cole, Carroll, Ngog)

Tottenham :

Lennon            V.D.Vaart           Bale     

Crouch               

backup (Krankjar, Pienaar, Bentley, Dos Santos, Defoe, Pavlechenko)

We probably have a more balanced side overall but with Gervinho-Hazard coming on for Nasri, Fabregas then I dont think they're that much worse off.. Definitely not as bad as many are suggesting.. Add to that the fact that players like Koscieny, Wilshere, Chamakh are all now better adapted to the league and the style of play and its anyone's guess how things turn out for them...

A big gamble selling their 2 best players, but if they manage to bring in Hazard and keep RVP fit then I think they'll still be a very strong side at least going forward...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:29 am

how many times has Hazard been quoted this summer that he wants to stay at Lille this year?  4? 5?  Seems like every other week it's happened.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:39 am

aCe' wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:

No joke... I said "attacking lineup" and Hazard in my books is on par with Fabregas and Silva as far as playmakers go...

I think many are forgetting that they have quality players in attacking positions even now without signing anyone...

Arshavin, Gervinho, Van Persie is a very strong attacking trio by any standards.. If they play a 4-3-3 with Wilshere being the most advanced in the center then they're sorted in the final third imo and still have the likes of Walcott, Bendtner, and Chamakh to call on... The only problem is that they dont have enough depth or quality down the middle of the park (not defensively) to play that..

In all likelyhood, they'll have to play a 4-2-3-1 which means they'll need 3 good attacking midfielders.. In Gervinho - Hazard - Arshavin they'll have just that..

Put in perspective :

Arsenal :

Gervinho          Hazard          Arshavin

RVP

Backup (Walcott, Rosicky, Chamberlain, Bendtner, Chamakh)

Liverpool :

Kuyt               Gerrard (inj?)    Downing

Suarez

backup (Henderson, Maxi, Cole, Carroll, Ngog)

Tottenham :

Lennon            V.D.Vaart           Bale     

Crouch               

backup (Krankjar, Pienaar, Bentley, Dos Santos, Defoe, Pavlechenko)

We probably have a more balanced side overall but with Gervinho-Hazard coming on for Nasri, Fabregas then I dont think they're that much worse off.. Definitely not as bad as many are suggesting.. Add to that the fact that players like Koscieny, Wilshere, Chamakh are all now better adapted to the league and the style of play and its anyone's guess how things turn out for them...

A big gamble selling their 2 best players, but if they manage to bring in Hazard and keep RVP fit then I think they'll still be a very strong side at least going forward...

I think you slightly overrate them mate.  You could be 100% correct, but watching Arshavin play so far, he's been sh!te.  I'd rather have Suarez over RVP any day, and I feel Carroll is doing a lot more productively then any other Arsenal striker would be.

For me:

Gerrard   Meireles    Downing

Suarez 

If we play like in the same formation you were saying with Lucas and Adam behind Meireles, I feel comparing the players, we look much better. 

Downing's better than Arshavin (imo)  Suarez is better than RVP, Gerrard is better than Hazard would be (as long as he comes back)  and Meireles is better than unproven Gervinho.  Gervinho looked decent, but if he keeps diving like that he'll never be able to adapt to the prem.

I know there's a lot of if's there, but them signing Hazard is a major if, and really a huge doubt it appears.

Out of those you listed I think we have the better attack.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby aCe' » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:35 pm

Arsenal might be on their way out of the champions league ...

Question: Would you rather they got through to the CL group stages or not ?

If they do qualify :

Pros: More games in the season and they'll need to rest players here and there or risk playing tired legs in league games
Cons: They'll most probably use the extra money to invest further in developing their squad . They lack depth (numbers) and no way will they be able to juggle 4 competitions with the players they have now.

If they dont:

Pros: They will be reluctant to invest in big money signings with no CL football / some players might not want to go there
Cons: They get to concentrate on league football
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:46 pm

Glad to see then go through tonight, I like arsenal as a club but I'm glad their through more because its more games for them and if we end up in a race for 4th with them, then that can only be good for us
Last edited by Dundalk on Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:27 am

Just thinking about the Nasri deal again, 170,000 a week over 5 years is 44.2 million pounds. 

:O :O :O
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:00 pm

Dundalk wrote:Glad to see then go through tonight, I like arsenal as a club but I'm glad their through more because its more games for them and if we end up in a race for 4th with them, then that can only be good for us

Thursday night football would have been more beneficial to us if you ask me

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion