Andy Carroll signs for West Ham

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby LittleHobo » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:07 am

the problem is.......very good last night and now will probaly be dropped for the fa cup game

which is giving him no chance to hit a run, which all strikers need
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:09 am

LittleHobo » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:07 am wrote:the problem is.......very good last night and now will probaly be dropped for the fa cup game

which is giving him no chance to hit a run, which all strikers need

Very true, though on this occasion i'm positive he'll start the Semi-Final.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:14 am

I thought he had a really strong game, playing most of it as a lone striker.  What impressed me was his all round game and how hard he worked for the team.  He was a giant in our defense, he held the ball up brilliantly and won everything in the air.  He also won us plenty of free kicks (that where poorly used).

I was made up when he scored as I think he deserved that goal, which was an excellent header.  I really hope Kenny gives him a run in the team now, as if he is dropped after that performance it wil seem a little unjust.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby LittleHobo » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:18 am

his heart looked in it yesterday, which big price tag or no big price tag is all the fans need to see
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:43 am

Ola Mr Benitez » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:14 am wrote:I thought he had a really strong game, playing most of it as a lone striker.  What impressed me was his all round game and how hard he worked for the team.  He was a giant in our defense, he held the ball up brilliantly and won everything in the air.  He also won us plenty of free kicks (that where poorly used).

I was made up when he scored as I think he deserved that goal, which was an excellent header.  I really hope Kenny gives him a run in the team now, as if he is dropped after that performance it wil seem a little unjust.

Anyone who knows anything about football is in no doubt that Carroll has skill. That hasnt been the question for some of us.
He wouldnt have been bought if he was as sh'it as some on here say. Whats been missing is confidence, self belief and a positive attitude. He finally looked as if he wanted to be a part of it last night and for the first time in a long time played with a smile on his face.
Anyone who is still slagging him off and encouraging others to do the same should just fu'ck off and support someone else. We really dont need you
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby LittleHobo » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:46 am

you just know if we sell him, he will end up being very very good at his next club
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby Boxscarf » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:54 am

Andy just needs to get himself into the box more often, rather than waiting outside of the box, if he got himself into more goal scoring position, he'd score more goals. He charged into the Blackburn box and got onto the ball and fired it into the back of the net, that's what we need to do more often. Get more players into the box, do that and we'll get more goals.
Boxscarf

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:58 am

Boxscarf » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:54 am wrote:Andy just needs to get himself into the box more often, rather than waiting outside of the box, if he got himself into more goal scoring position, he'd score more goals. He charged into the Blackburn box and got onto the ball and fired it into the back of the net, that's what we need to do more often. Get more players into the box, do that and we'll get more goals.

His positioning needs working on. He isnt the finished article
Thommo's perm

Postby Johnny Boy » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:27 am

He definitely deserves a few consecutive games now, I was impressed with his overall work rate yesterday, even in defence.

Seem to recall when we won at Goodison and he scored Kenny left him out of the next game, which is counter productive and
hardly a confidence boost.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby andy_g » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:03 pm

the goal was timely and nicely taken, but his best moment for me was the missed diving header. well, the final result wasn't that great but the movement and determination to get his head on the thing in the first place was that of a top striker. not saying he is a top striker yet, of course, but if he keeps up with that kind of work he'll possibly get there.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:27 pm

heimdall » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:06 am wrote:That was probably the best game I've seen Andy play, his link up play was actually pretty good. Shame about his striking ability though, he missed one absolute sitter before getting the goal at the end which was more down to Agger's superb nod-on. I'm still far from convinced about him but he is showing signs of improvement maybe we'll get some of the £35 million back for him when he's sold in the summer.

Which sitter was that ?

Shame about his striking ability as he scores the winner ? You are an utter bellend.

It was a cracking header and it was more than just Aggers nod on - you make looking like a ***** easy.
Benny The Noon

Postby stmichael » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:05 pm

D___C » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:26 pm wrote::laugh:

anyway... hope to be seeing him sitting beside Kenny at Wembley.

you must be gutted after last night? you'd probably have celebrated more if he'd scored that own goal than when he actually scored the winner.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:29 pm

Decent performance by Carroll yesterday and great for him to get the winning goal in that fashion in front our fans. Hopefully he can score a few more before the end of the season.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:10 pm

Thommo's perm » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:43 am wrote:
Anyone who knows anything about football is in no doubt that Carroll has skill

:wwww

what skill? I have skill too...  :laugh:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:19 pm

Hold the back pages!!! Maybe its not totally out of the realms of fantasy to suggest  the big man could have the makings of a young Toshack   :oh:
Sorry Kerry, but I think Andy's just cemented his place in the Semi against the Bitterz   :buttrock
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion