Andy Carroll signs for West Ham

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby heimdall » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:11 pm

heimdall » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:02 pm wrote:
RedAnt » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:15 am wrote:
devaney » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:54 am wrote:
I have no problem with people having their opinion on Carroll. But many don't do that. Also I think it unfair to blame Carroll for everything. All our players have been poor including Gerrard and Suarez. The manager has been poor, and the coach, and YES, the fans too. According to some, this is all because we signed the big geordie. That's not fair, nor logical criticism. Andy has many bad points. I know it. But he also has good points and potential. Whilst those in the pro-Andy camp can see his faults, the anti-Andy camp are generally blind to all but his faults.


Sorry but what are Andy's good points compared to Crouch for example, in what way is he better?


Time will tell. He's much younger than Crouch for one thing and he made his debut for England at a much younger age too. Also....he plays for Liverpool. Crouch plays for Stoke so he can't do a lot for us right now. Give Carroll another season. If he's bad next year, then call for his head. But only one season? For us? Liverpool, with our passion and loyalty, with our anthem "You'll Never Walk Alone", with our years of top-flight pedigree...give the lad time please? It's a whole new adventure and he's only just started it. Why not give him the chance to settle in? Next season will be better. I have no doubt.

He's had a year and a half and is showing no signs of improving, a team with ambitions of reclaiming former glories does not carry dead weight, nor should it. BTW He's not so young that he shouldn't be able to score a goal or be in the right positions, all those important things for a footballer to know.
User avatar
heimdall
 
Posts: 4971
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:51 pm
Location: London

Postby RedAnt » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:56 pm

But mate, no one is scoring goals. The whole team is playing badly and have been for sometime. Do you really believe that is all down to Andy? I'm not sure why people keep singling out Andy. He's 23, new to the club (yes, a year and a half is still 'new')
and has been played inconsistantly in an inconsistent team that is still learning to play together. Widen your view. Andy's part of a failing team, not an individual on a one man mission to F us up.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
User avatar
RedAnt
 
Posts: 1501
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:33 pm
Location: Durham

Postby D___C » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:08 pm

Cool Hand Luke » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:14 pm wrote:It really is quite obvious that he is out of his depth. We got mugged. He got a few goals in a Newcastle side that was playing Championship style football with loads of balls in the box from deep and wide areas. Champions League teams and teams with Champions League ambitions simply don’t base their game around hopeful balls into the box.

Hanging onto him beyond the summer will stunt any progress we are trying to make. Get what we can for him and move on.


All very true.... my only reservation is selling now... for me a season loan is the best option (his value cannot get any lower than it is now). Loan to a team that played a smilar direct method to Newcastle... Stoke.. and hopefully his value can increase slightly from 12m where it stands now.
D___C
 
Posts: 465
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:38 am

Postby D___C » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:12 pm

Btw for the carroll apologists... he is one part of the problem (the other midtable signings aint good enough either)

Kenny signed midtable level players.. and thats just where we sit.
D___C
 
Posts: 465
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:38 am

Postby RedAnt » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:15 pm

D___C » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:12 pm wrote:Btw for the carroll apologists... he is one part of the problem (the other midtable signings aint good enough either)

Kenny signed midtable level players.. and thats just where we sit.


Who's to blame, Kerry?
A) Carroll.
B) Carroll and other new signings.
C) Dalglish for signing Carroll and other new signings.
D) H&G
E) Hodgson
F) All of the above
G) All of the above and more.

I'd really like to know.
Last edited by RedAnt on Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
User avatar
RedAnt
 
Posts: 1501
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:33 pm
Location: Durham

Postby RedAnt » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:21 pm

Cool Hand Luke » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:39 pm wrote:Errr….are you saying that Alan Pardew’s team is a long ball team? Have you not watched them this season? Chris Hughton’s Newcastle team played Championship football. That’s why he got sacked despite good results for a team that had just come up. Carroll couldn’t have played more than 1 or 2 games for Pardew considering he was appointed in December.


I never claimed they were a long ball team. I see it written all over these forums though.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
User avatar
RedAnt
 
Posts: 1501
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:33 pm
Location: Durham

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:35 pm

D___C » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:08 pm wrote:
Cool Hand Luke » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:14 pm wrote:It really is quite obvious that he is out of his depth. We got mugged. He got a few goals in a Newcastle side that was playing Championship style football with loads of balls in the box from deep and wide areas. Champions League teams and teams with Champions League ambitions simply don’t base their game around hopeful balls into the box.

Hanging onto him beyond the summer will stunt any progress we are trying to make. Get what we can for him and move on.


All very true.... my only reservation is selling now... for me a season loan is the best option (his value cannot get any lower than it is now). Loan to a team that played a smilar direct method to Newcastle... Stoke.. and hopefully his value can increase slightly from 12m where it stands now.


Maybe he could be understudy to his idol Peter Crouch?
:laugh:
User avatar
Thommo's perm
 
Posts: 5561
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:57 am
Location: liverpool

Postby D___C » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:00 am

Yes he would be an understudy to Crouch... but he would get more time with them, and they play the direct basic manner as Newcastle did when he was with them.

Its also conceivable that Pulis would play both of them.
D___C
 
Posts: 465
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:38 am

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:13 am

D___C » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:00 pm wrote:Yes he would be an understudy to Crouch... but he would get more time with them, and they play the direct basic manner as Newcastle did when he was with them.

Its also conceivable that Pulis would play both of them.


Sounds like the perfect match
Have you got Tonys number?
???
User avatar
Thommo's perm
 
Posts: 5561
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:57 am
Location: liverpool

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:42 am

I hate Andy Carroll ,but love Peter Crouch ..... Who am I ?
Its just I always thought Pirlo was Italian.
User avatar
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 5902
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:03 pm
Location: Liverpool

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:37 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:42 am wrote:I hate Andy Carroll ,but love Peter Crouch ..... Who am I ?


I dont know but I fancy the ar'se off you
:Oo:
User avatar
Thommo's perm
 
Posts: 5561
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:57 am
Location: liverpool

Postby Reg » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:43 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:42 am wrote:I hate Andy Carroll ,but love Peter Crouch ..... Who am I ?


Crouchie's mum?
User avatar
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 9688
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Singapore

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:41 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:42 am wrote:I hate Andy Carroll ,but love Peter Crouch ..... Who am I ?


Image

Plug ?
Image

ALWAYS REMEMBER, PARTICIPATION IN THIS FORUM IS NOT OBLIGATORY

Image
User avatar
woof woof !
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 18628
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 9:22 am
Location: Here There and Everywhere

Postby devaney » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:48 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:42 am wrote:I hate Andy Carroll ,but love Peter Crouch ..... Who am I ?


The Kop
New Season! New Beginning! New Hope! COME ON YOU REDS!

Sorry lads for any possible offence. The TACT FUNCTION on my computer is fkd !!!
devaney
LFC Super Member
 
Posts: 2973
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:12 am
Location: Liverpool

Postby devaney » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:54 am

RedAnt » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:15 pm wrote:
D___C » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:12 pm wrote:Btw for the carroll apologists... he is one part of the problem (the other midtable signings aint good enough either)

Kenny signed midtable level players.. and thats just where we sit.


Who's to blame, Kerry?
A) Carroll.
B) Carroll and other new signings.
C) Dalglish for signing Carroll and other new signings.
D) All of the above
E) All of the above and more.

I'd really like to know.


H & G and Hodgson certainly have got a lot to answer for!

How much did Kenny have to do with buying Carroll and selling Torres? Very little in my opinion so I think you need to also include Comolli and his team of scouts in your list of possible culprits.
New Season! New Beginning! New Hope! COME ON YOU REDS!

Sorry lads for any possible offence. The TACT FUNCTION on my computer is fkd !!!
devaney
LFC Super Member
 
Posts: 2973
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:12 am
Location: Liverpool

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

  • Advertisement