Andy Carroll signs for West Ham

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby RedAnt » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:02 pm

D___C » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:49 pm wrote:Daily Mirror says hes on his way.

Personally i think selling him right now would be madness....because we would only see about 12m.

Its a no brainer.... season loan to Stoke... a team that play the very direct basic style that the big geordie yard dog likes... Rory Delap launching missiles from throw ins.. i could see his value rising to 16m.

£16m for a big tree to aim long balls at? Doubt it. If everything you ever posted about Carroll was true, we'd be lucky to get a fiver for him.

Letting the lad go after one season, based on poor performances in a poorly performing team would be stupidity. If the rest of the team was performing well then I could understand singling him out.

Wake up Kerry. We've been bad this year. Very bad. Sorry, but it's not due to signing Andy Carroll.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby D___C » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:42 pm

Our dreadful season, the worst in 58 years, Is put down to poor signings (plural).

When you sign midtable standard british players from mitable standard teams, Newcastle, Villa, Blackpool, Sunderland, thats where you will end up... as inevitably happened with us.

Kenny spunked a fortune on players who have taken us to the level they came from.

When we sold Peter Crouch, a better player than Andy Carroll, we did so because we wanted better. We have gone backwards since then and the standards at the club have never been lower. Kenny is 3rd favourite to be sacked, personally i would give him another season and spend what he recoups in the summer from the players he bought, as well as whatever cash from deadweight players such as Spearing, Shelvey and co.
D___C

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:24 pm

If I was Dalglish I would be telling the big man to shoot more from distance ,because when Andy strikes
a ball it stays hit ...It would certainly be interesting to know just how many shots in total he has had .

Any budding Stato online ?
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:23 am

30 games 3 goals and 1 assist.he's had a total 0f 62 shots.http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/i ... ll?cc=5739
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:48 am

red till i die!! » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:23 am wrote:30 games 3 goals and 1 assist.he's had a total 0f 62 shots.http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/i ... ll?cc=5739

so it's offical, he's sh!te
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:36 am

7_Kewell » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:48 am wrote:
red till i die!! » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:23 am wrote:30 games 3 goals and 1 assist.he's had a total 0f 62 shots.http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/i ... ll?cc=5739

No mate. It's official that WE are sh*te. Why are people singling out Carroll? Look at Suarez's shot to conversion rate, or Gerrards, or Kuyts. In fact...look at how many shots the teams had to goals we've scored. I'm no good on stats, but i'm sure you could use them to both support and criticise Andy and the team.
RedAnt

Postby Reg » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:02 am

7_Kewell » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:48 am wrote:

Even a one eyed trouser snake can see that.  :ghostface:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:07 pm

RedAnt » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:36 am wrote:
7_Kewell » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:48 am wrote:

No mate. It's official that WE are sh*te. Why are people singling out Carroll? Look at Suarez's shot to conversion rate, or Gerrards, or Kuyts. In fact...look at how many shots the teams had to goals we've scored. I'm no good on stats, but i'm sure you could use them to both support and criticise Andy and the team.

It suits some peoples purpose to focus on Carroll. It distracts us from the others who are not performing
Its easier to single one person out rather than have to explain why the rest of  the players are equally as much to blame for our current predicament
:;):
Thommo's perm

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:14 pm

It really is quite obvious that he is out of his depth. We got mugged. He got a few goals in a Newcastle side that was playing Championship style football with loads of balls in the box from deep and wide areas. Champions League teams and teams with Champions League ambitions simply don’t base their game around hopeful balls into the box.

Hanging onto him beyond the summer will stunt any progress we are trying to make. Get what we can for him and move on.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:29 pm

Cool Hand Luke » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:14 pm wrote:It really is quite obvious that he is out of his depth. We got mugged. He got a few goals in a Newcastle side that was playing Championship style football with loads of balls in the box from deep and wide areas. Champions League teams and teams with Champions League ambitions simply don’t base their game around hopeful balls into the box.

Hanging onto him beyond the summer will stunt any progress we are trying to make. Get what we can for him and move on.

Odd then that so many consider us better than "long ball Newcastle". We sign their number 9 and apparently due to Carroll joining us, we've become a long ball side whilst Newcastle with their longball-Championship tactics are knocking on the door to take 4th place.
RedAnt

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:39 pm

Errr….are you saying that Alan Pardew’s team is a long ball team? Have you not watched them this season? Chris Hughton’s Newcastle team played Championship football. That’s why he got sacked despite good results for a team that had just come up. Carroll couldn’t have played more than 1 or 2 games for Pardew considering he was appointed in December.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:02 pm

RedAnt » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:15 am wrote:
devaney » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:54 am wrote:Another 30 minutes of below average football from Carroll against a struggling Villa doesn't do anything to convince me that Carroll should be part of Liverpool's long term plans. He has now been involved heavily in nearly all of our last 13 Premiership matches and we have won 2 and I'm fairly certain he hasn't scored or contributed very much worthy of note.Can't be bothered checking the stats.No doubt Benny and RedAnt will put me right.Sorry lads I love the club but in over fifty years of supporting them I have never been so disappointed in how we utilised over £100m in the transfer market.

I have no problem with people having their opinion on Carroll. But many don't do that. Also I think it unfair to blame Carroll for everything. All our players have been poor including Gerrard and Suarez. The manager has been poor, and the coach, and YES, the fans too. According to some, this is all because we signed the big geordie. That's not fair, nor logical criticism. Andy has many bad points. I know it. But he also has good points and potential. Whilst those in the pro-Andy camp can see his faults, the anti-Andy camp are generally blind to all but his faults.

Sorry but what are Andy's good points compared to Crouch for example, in what way is he better?
heimdall

Postby Kukilon » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:24 pm

heimdall » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:02 pm wrote:
devaney » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:54 am wrote:Another 30 minutes of below average football from Carroll against a struggling Villa doesn't do anything to convince me that Carroll should be part of Liverpool's long term plans. He has now been involved heavily in nearly all of our last 13 Premiership matches and we have won 2 and I'm fairly certain he hasn't scored or contributed very much worthy of note.Can't be bothered checking the stats.No doubt Benny and RedAnt will put me right.Sorry lads I love the club but in over fifty years of supporting them I have never been so disappointed in how we utilised over £100m in the transfer market.

I have no problem with people having their opinion on Carroll. But many don't do that. Also I think it unfair to blame Carroll for everything. All our players have been poor including Gerrard and Suarez. The manager has been poor, and the coach, and YES, the fans too. According to some, this is all because we signed the big geordie. That's not fair, nor logical criticism. Andy has many bad points. I know it. But he also has good points and potential. Whilst those in the pro-Andy camp can see his faults, the anti-Andy camp are generally blind to all but his faults.

Sorry but what are Andy's good points compared to Crouch for example, in what way is he better?

He is a better sulker and better at sucking at football than Crouch.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:06 pm

Andy doesn't dance .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:30 pm

heimdall » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:02 pm wrote:

Time will tell. He's much younger than Crouch for one thing and he made his debut for England at a much younger age too. Also....he plays for Liverpool. Crouch plays for Stoke so he can't do a lot for us right now. Give Carroll another season. If he's bad next year, then call for his head. But only one season? For us? Liverpool, with our passion and loyalty, with our anthem "You'll Never Walk Alone", with our years of top-flight pedigree...give the lad time please? It's a whole new adventure and he's only just started it. Why not give him the chance to settle in? Next season will be better. I have no doubt.
RedAnt

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion