Andy Carroll signs for West Ham

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:10 pm

heimdall wrote:OK we might have won more games when Andy started but that's only becuase without Andy we were starting with Kuyt who has been even more confused about where the goal is than he ever was. It does not make him a good striker.

Ha ha I think it's great when people refuse to see cold hard facts .

In the last 9 games Carroll has started guess how many we have lost and how many we have won

Lost = 0
Won = 8
Drawn = 1
Benny The Noon

Postby aCe' » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:50 pm

Means fck all. Andy Carroll is not good enough to start for Liverpool week in week out. The manager knows it, the fans know it (some choose not to admit it), and I'm sure he knows it too.

With age and experience he might get better but for now, the only reason he even makes the starting 11 sometimes is our lack of decent options in the position. If he was at ManUtd, ManCity, Arsenal, Tottenham or Chelsea he would hardly get any football.

He's a bench player and a decent option to bring on I'll give you that much. But putting him up there and expecting him to score regularly is not going to happen anytime soon. Says something when a side struggling for goals and creating as many chances as we do keep their 35million pound striker on the bench more often than not.

How do you explain that ?
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:14 pm

Is it not possible that he is doing something in those games which contribute to us winning or is it purely a coincendence and we are winning despite him ?

And it does mean something - we seem to win playing with him.

Why Kenny keeps putting him back on the bench after a victory I can't answer but it is one of my main complaints about Kenny - he seems afraid to stick with a winning team.
Benny The Noon

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:29 pm

aCe' wrote:Means fck all. Andy Carroll is not good enough to start for Liverpool week in week out. The manager knows it, the fans know it (some choose not to admit it), and I'm sure he knows it too.

With age and experience he might get better but for now, the only reason he even makes the starting 11 sometimes is our lack of decent options in the position. If he was at ManUtd, ManCity, Arsenal, Tottenham or Chelsea he would hardly get any football.

He's a bench player and a decent option to bring on I'll give you that much. But putting him up there and expecting him to score regularly is not going to happen anytime soon. Says something when a side struggling for goals and creating as many chances as we do keep their 35million pound striker on the bench more often than not.

carroll should be starting every week because there`s no one better than him at the moment at leading the line, though i do think the tactics we play when carroll is in the side might explain the stats a bit, i`m not a big fan of this 4-3-3 with suarez in the middle of a front 3 because with us that always ends up a 4-5-1 with suarez isolated up top on his own, when we play carroll and suarez up front our frontmen have at least some support and when other players see those 2 up front they tend to commit themselves forward a bit more.
it`s hard work being that lone target man striker, you take a hell of a buffeting and players not used to the role can become disheartened especially if they feel the ref`s arent giving them anything like kuyt did when he was the lone striker against stoke at anfield earlier on this season or luis at old trafford in the league. torres never got the credit for the way he handled that side of the game.
one thing about andy he`s always first to show for the ball, if any balls are knocked up he`ll take the ball on his chest and take the crash in the back from the centre half as well, he`ll do that all game without getting disheartened.
carroll may not be ripping the goalscoring charts up but his presense in the side makes sure we commit more men forward and we have a physical presense up the field as well to take the heat off luis, when luis is the lone frontman he`s an easy target for defenders especially because he`s got his back to goal and standing still to recieve the ball but when he`s floating around andy he becomes a moving target which is much harder for the defenders to hit.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby D___C » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:20 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z1pyrsjwoM

"Andy Carroll has been a disaster"

"Dodgy deals: Liverpool spent £55million to secure the services of Andy Carroll and Jordan Henderson"

As for the andy carrol "stat".... we were winning 2-1 at QPR when the chump came on.
Last edited by D___C on Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
D___C

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:22 pm

Try thinking for yourself
Benny The Noon

Postby D___C » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:26 pm

try stop nut-hugging kenny, remove the rose tinted glasses, and open your eyes.

If the whole world can see the geordie is a "disaster" then it would help to remove the shackles that prohibit you from doing so.
D___C

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:35 pm

The "whole world" ?!? Nothing like a hyperbole
Benny The Noon

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:45 am

D___C » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:20 pm wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2118864/Is-Kenny-Dalglish-spent-force-Liverpool.html#ixzz1pyrsjwoM

"Andy Carroll has been a disaster"

"Dodgy deals: Liverpool spent £55million to secure the services of Andy Carroll and Jordan Henderson"

As for the andy carrol "stat".... we were winning 2-1 at QPR when the chump came on.

oh look that right wing rag the daily mail having a go at anything to do with liverpool, there`s a surprise, it was that rag that come up with the term `spiceboys` when the manchester united players of the 90`s were partying as much as the liverpool players were. beckham goes out with one of the spice girls, wears a skirt and changes his haircut every week but it`s the liverpool players who get criticised by the daily mail for being too obsessed by fashion and the cult of celebrity.
even in the late 60`s they went mad over a television play about liverpool dockers calling it marxist propoganda or something which caused a big storm at the time, the prime minister ended up getting involved in it and everything. you may as well of quoted the s*n.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby heimdall » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:58 am

Benny The Noon » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:35 pm wrote:The "whole world" ?!? Nothing like a hyperbole

So do you not think we need to a better striker than Carroll then, is he doing the job of a striker in your view. Everyone I speak to agrees with me and see him for what he is, a colossal waste of space and a terrible striker.
heimdall

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:00 am

heimdall » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:58 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:35 pm wrote:The "whole world" ?!? Nothing like a hyperbole

So do you not think we need to a better striker than Carroll then, is he doing the job of a striker in your view. Everyone I speak to agrees with me and see him for what he is, a colossal waste of space and a terrible striker.

they probably agreed with you when you said lucas was ***** as well
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boxscarf » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:13 am

they probably agreed with you when you said lucas was ***** as well

I do hope that Carroll turns into a success like Lucas has, I really do.

Nothing would please me more than seeing Carroll start knocking in the goals.
Boxscarf

Postby aCe' » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:09 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:29 pm wrote:
aCe' wrote:Means fck all. Andy Carroll is not good enough to start for Liverpool week in week out. The manager knows it, the fans know it (some choose not to admit it), and I'm sure he knows it too.

carroll should be starting every week because there`s no one better than him at the moment at leading the line, though i do think the tactics we play when carroll is in the side might explain the stats a bit, i`m not a big fan of this 4-3-3 with suarez in the middle of a front 3 because with us that always ends up a 4-5-1 with suarez isolated up top on his own, when we play carroll and suarez up front our frontmen have at least some support and when other players see those 2 up front they tend to commit themselves forward a bit more.
it`s hard work being that lone target man striker, you take a hell of a buffeting and players not used to the role can become disheartened especially if they feel the ref`s arent giving them anything like kuyt did when he was the lone striker against stoke at anfield earlier on this season or luis at old trafford in the league. torres never got the credit for the way he handled that side of the game.
one thing about andy he`s always first to show for the ball, if any balls are knocked up he`ll take the ball on his chest and take the crash in the back from the centre half as well, he`ll do that all game without getting disheartened.
carroll may not be ripping the goalscoring charts up but his presense in the side makes sure we commit more men forward and we have a physical presense up the field as well to take the heat off luis, when luis is the lone frontman he`s an easy target for defenders especially because he`s got his back to goal and standing still to recieve the ball but when he`s floating around andy he becomes a moving target which is much harder for the defenders to hit.

Agree with a lot of what you say. However, Kuyt does a better job linking up with both Suarez and the midfield than Carroll does. I'd much rather see a front 4 of Downing, Maxi, Kuyt, Suarez than have Carroll in there (assuming Gerrard will be played in a central midfield role for the time being). Suarez alone upfront isn't working and the main reason is that he isn't scoring enough goals (6 in the league is poor).
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:20 am

Carroll is stil stinking the place out and I would get shut this summer.

The lad has become a laughing stock now and you cringe every time he is
passed the ball.

We need footballers to believe in and frankly he has let us all down with
his desperate performances and it cannot be allowed to eat into this team
a season longer.

Hold the hands up, take the hit, and move on.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:26 am

parchpea » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:20 am wrote:Carroll is stil stinking the place out and I would get shut this summer.

The lad has become a laughing stock now and you cringe every time he is
passed the ball.

We need footballers to believe in and frankly he has let us all down with
his desperate performances and it cannot be allowed to eat into this team
a season longer.

Hold the hands up, take the hit, and move on.

Laughing stock ? According to who ?

We keep winning when he starts and losing when he doesn't so he must be doing something right then.

I don't cringe everytime he gets the ball as it looks like he has found his touch and passing, didn't you see that great ball for Suarez in the FA Cup game ( which Suarez caught instead of headin ) , did you cringe then ?
Benny The Noon

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion