Andy Carroll signs for West Ham

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:47 pm

D___C wrote:Err way to miss the point... to attach a result to one player is the comment from a simpleton.

You look at the entire teams contribution, if one player is minus (that means he contributes more to the opponent than the team he plays for) then you remove him. Andy Carroll contributed more for Stoke today than he did for Liverpool.

We won today because of contributions from other players (obviously).. if a player is minus that cannot be overlooked.

Again..

What are his goal stats? Dreadful
What are his creation stats? Dreadful
What are our possession stats when he plays? Lower

Peter Crouch... is a .. better player.. than Andy Carroll.

what an odd way of looking at footy, so if a defender gives away an own goal he`s `minus` 1 and he needs to score a goal to balance out the karma in your universe again, sounds like you`ve been studying the philosophy of the french national side.
carroll was part of a team that beat stoke, and beating stoke is something that we have struggled to do in recent years, infact our carling cup win at the brittania earlier on in the season was our first win against them at their place in over a decade.
even when we have had really good sides they have bullied us out of games, make no mistake carroll`s physical presense helps combat their strongarm tactics.
we dont see half the things that happen between a CF and the CH because we follow the ball but believe me andy carroll was making sure that the stoke players knew that this liverpool side wasnt going to roll over like some of our teams did in the past.
picking faults after we have got to our first f.a cup semi final in 6 years is embarassing.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby D___C » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:04 am

no... if Carra for example scores an own goal, he will make umpteen blocks during a game that more than make up for it.

Andy Carroll contribited zilch for us yesterday, and allowed a Stoke player (Crouch) to have a free header for the goal. He contributed more to Stoke than us.. hence minus. In other words, he is a bigger negative on the team than a plus. He doesnt score, he doesnt create, he doesnt link up play, he is a spare part... and we will never contend with the best teams in the league with him playing upfront.

In todays inflated market, hes a 12m pound player. Thats nowhere near good enough for this club. Again, we offloaded Peter Crouch and he is a better player than Andy Carroll. There is no-one on this site (or any other) who will argue that one.
D___C

Postby metalhead » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:23 am

D___C wrote:no... if Carra for example scores an own goal, he will make umpteen blocks during a game that more than make up for it.

Andy Carroll contribited zilch for us yesterday, and allowed a Stoke player (Crouch) to have a free header for the goal. He contributed more to Stoke than us.. hence minus. In other words, he is a bigger negative on the team than a plus. He doesnt score, he doesnt create, he doesnt link up play, he is a spare part... and we will never contend with the best teams in the league with him playing upfront.

In todays inflated market, hes a 12m pound player. Thats nowhere near good enough for this club. Again, we offloaded Peter Crouch and he is a better player than Andy Carroll. There is no-one on this site (or any other) who will argue that one.

???

First of all it's "contributed". Second, Andy Carroll didn't perform the same way he did last game, but he contributed something in the game yesterday. He laid off a lot of balls to Suarez with his head and had a few decent chances himself. To say he contributed nothing shows your agenda and anti-carroll bias. Then again nothing comes out positive from you especially that we are in the semi final of the FA cup and you're here slating and scapegoating one of our own players.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:45 am

he looked a lot better with the ball at his feet yesterday than I've noticed before, showed some nice deft touches and flick ons, ok he wasn't bombing into the box but I can't fault him, there wasn't a great deal of service out wide for him to feed on so he took up a more unfamiliar role and he coped quite well imo.

Anyway him Suarez and Gerrard starting together seems to be working a charm atm so keep it going  :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby D___C » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:06 am

metalhead wrote:
D___C wrote:no... if Carra for example scores an own goal, he will make umpteen blocks during a game that more than make up for it.

???

First of all it's "contributed". Second, Andy Carroll didn't perform the same way he did last game, but he contributed something in the game yesterday. He laid off a lot of balls to Suarez with his head and had a few decent chances himself. To say he contributed nothing shows your agenda and anti-carroll bias. Then again nothing comes out positive from you especially that we are in the semi final of the FA cup and you're here slating and scapegoating one of our own players.

Are u suggesting that he "laid off balls with his head" justifies his place in the team? Ok he doesnt score, he doesnt create, is weak on the floor, painfully slow and cant keep up with play, and takes up space which prohibits the free movement of the attackers, but.. he laid off a few with his head. Why didnt we buy Kevin Davies then? Why didnt we try to re-sign Peter Crouch? I was seriously baffled when Kenny went for him...i had visions of Barnes, Beardsley and co, quality play on the floor (like we saw in our best spell under him towards the end of last season).. not a big immobile lump who "lays stuff off".
D___C

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:21 am

Give it a rest D__C

We all know your opinion of him.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:49 am

D___C wrote:
metalhead wrote:

???

Are u suggesting that he "laid off balls with his head" justifies his place in the team? Ok he doesnt score, he doesnt create, is weak on the floor, painfully slow and cant keep up with play, and takes up space which prohibits the free movement of the attackers, but.. he laid off a few with his head. Why didnt we buy Kevin Davies then? Why didnt we try to re-sign Peter Crouch? I was seriously baffled when Kenny went for him...i had visions of Barnes, Beardsley and co, quality play on the floor (like we saw in our best spell under him towards the end of last season).. not a big immobile lump who "lays stuff off".

Do you reckon Maxi had a good game ?

Do you think Carroll clearing header at the death was a positive contribution ? What about his lay off to Spearing which started the move for the second goal or his run away from the box which created a gap for Suarez to run into for the first goal ?

Carroll may not of had an outstanding game but he had a physical prescence against Huth and caused problems. I'm pretty sure you fail to see or realise that. You keep asking for stats etc but the important one is games won.

We have just won in the FA Cup to go to the semi finals and you are spending your time slating Carroll - it just sticks out as a witch hunt and definately personal
Benny The Noon

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:40 am

Kerry you are one boring tw@t
Have you got a husband or boyfriend? I be theyre made up when you go out just so they dont have to listen to your constant droning drivel.
:laugh:
I cant be arsed picking you up on your stupid obsession anymore, I let others do that better than I can. I would just rather take the ***** out of you to highlight your ridiculous slant on our team and its members. Carroll was in a team that beat the biters and seen off Stoke to get us to a semi final. If you cant apreciate that and rush to slag him off at the first opportunity then you are a sad, twisted, frustrated woman who either needs a good ***** or putting in a secure mental institution, or both
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:51 am

So he had a quiet game yesterday. Sure he has a lot to learn, Crouch also had to learn alot before he starting scoring regularly for us. Crouch yesterday also had the benefit of service. Quite frankly the way we set out with swapped wingers he never was going to get any service from wide areas. I can only think he was selected to provide additional height.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:08 pm

It's all well and good that we are winning the games we're playing with Carroll in the team. That's not to say that we cannot improve in that position though. The last thing we need is that we don't take the opportunity when it arises to improve in the striker department just because we paid 35 million for Carroll. Nobody can honestly say that there are no options better than Carroll which can be bought for 15-25 million. Imagine what Suarez can do with a more mobile and clinical striker. The likes of Huntelaar and Podolski can add so much more threat than our current no. 9.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:14 pm

maguskwt wrote:It's all well and good that we are winning the games we're playing with Carroll in the team. That's not to say that we cannot improve in that position though. The last thing we need is that we don't take the opportunity when it arises to improve in the striker department just because we paid 35 million for Carroll. Nobody can honestly say that there are no options better than Carroll which can be bought for 15-25 million. Imagine what Suarez can do with a more mobile and clinical striker. The likes of Huntelaar and Podolski can add so much more threat than our current no. 9.

I dont think any has suggested that we cant improve in the striker department and there is no better options than Carroll.

That doesnt mean though that he doesnt deserve credit when he does play well or plays his part in a win or is part of a winning team.

We win against Stoke to take us to Wemberlee again and Kerry is more concerned about writing posts critisizing Carroll ?
Benny The Noon

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:40 pm

D___C wrote: I was seriously baffled when Kenny went for him...i had visions of Barnes, Beardsley and co, quality play on the floor (like we saw in our best spell under him towards the end of last season).. not a big immobile lump who "lays stuff off".

This has been said so many times but lets say it again for those that have the brains of rat poo...    Andy Carroll was young, up-and-coming, dynamic, monster of a centre forward whilst in the stripes of Newcastle. He was knocking them in for fun, he was creating for others, he was hard, big, strong  number 9. This is why Kenny etc brought him to Liverpool. Kenny did not sign him because he was a big immobile lump. why can't you understand that? why just jump on it and say things like 'Carroll is sh1t don't know why Kenny bought him' when the truth is 'Carroll was fuking awesome at the toon, lets buy him'.

once again your stupidness amazes me.  :no
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby valo26 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:11 pm

why just jump on it and say things like 'Carroll is sh1t don't know why Kenny bought him' when the truth is 'Carroll was fuking awesome at the toon, lets buy him'.

good point. i was made up when we signed him. more excited about seeing him than suarez at the time.
valo26

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:02 pm

I'll argue with that one.

1.  Andy Carroll played his part against a battling Stoke team. 
2.  Your a numpty
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby mart » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:01 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Do you reckon Maxi had a good game ?

Carroll may not of had an outstanding game but he had a physical prescence against Huth and caused problems. I'm pretty sure you fail to see or realise that. You keep asking for stats etc but the important one is games won.

Maxi didnt do much, but he set up the first goal. I cant say i expected too much of a player that hardly ever plays for us, a player that most likely will leave this summer.

Huth had full control over Carroll. Huth is the type of defender that likes slow, big strikers like Carroll. The few times we caused problems for stoke was when we played the ball fast on the ground.
mart
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion