2016/17 Other Scores Significant Or Not

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:31 pm

maguskwt » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:07 pm wrote:So Man U drew, Chelsea lost, but Spurs won...

Spurs aside, it's been a very good day. Just need Arsenal to beat City tomorrow...that should rile up City to beat Chelsea on Wednesday  :wwww
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:37 pm

Yup an Arsenal win would be awesome.

As for Mancs goes to show without Ibrahimovic they would have been way down the table this season.
If he was playing today i wouldn't have been surprised if they scrapped a 1-0 win.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:38 pm

I actually think a City win would be better, imo Chelsea, Spurs and City are pretty much shoe in's to finish in the top 4 which basically means that it's a 3 way scrap between us, United and Arsenal for that last CL spot. As far as I'm concerned the more points Arsenal and United can drop between now and the end of the season the better.
I know we had a great start to the season and everyone was disappointed the way our title challenge petered out but all things considered a top four finish would represent real progress, after all it's very competitive up at the top of the prem and we've only qualified for the CL once in the last 7/8 years.
Also it would be nice to see United missing out again especially after they forked out £100m on one player!
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:50 pm

Yup top 4 will be progress for sure and im positive under Klopp we will continue to move forward.
Problem Klopp is having atm is getting his players in. His missing out on a lot of his targets from Germany.
Maybe we should starting looking in other leagues now.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby laza » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:02 am

Some good results for sure, I hedge my bets and hope for a gunner-Citeh draw
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:26 pm

Some interesting games coming up in midweek.
On Tuesday United play Everton (at Old Trafford) and on Wednesday Chelsea host City and Spurs are away at Swansea which can be a tricky fixture. As for Arsenal they are at home to West Ham which at first glance looks like a routine 3 points for them but it is a London Derby so you never know.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:17 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:38 pm wrote:I actually think a City win would be better, imo Chelsea, Spurs and City are pretty much shoe in's to finish in the top 4 which basically means that it's a 3 way scrap between us, United and Arsenal for that last CL spot. As far as I'm concerned the more points Arsenal and United can drop between now and the end of the season the better.
I know we had a great start to the season and everyone was disappointed the way our title challenge petered out but all things considered a top four finish would represent real progress, after all it's very competitive up at the top of the prem and we've only qualified for the CL once in the last 7/8 years.
Also it would be nice to see United missing out again especially after they forked out £100m on one player!

you maybe right Yakka. Man City probably has the best team and squad. The reason they are where they are is due to having new manager/ new philosophy/ some new players to bed in etc. They are capable of going on a good run and winning all their games. Same can't be said for arsenal... sometimes it is better to be sure about the 4th place than fight for 3rd and still end up 5th.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:55 pm

Arsenal 2 - City 2

Not a bad result I guess...

Arsenal if they win two games in hand will still be one point short of us. City has a tough game against Chelsea next.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:33 pm

This weekend has worked well in our favour. We are in a better position compared to few days ago. Teams who had games in hand could have put us 5th but now we are nicely set for 4th even if the others win their games in hand.

Lets keep winning because like stated the rest will be facing each other.
If we go on a good run we can easily finish 3rd but lets nail 4th first.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:15 pm

That's the important thing, not to take our eye off the ball. We've rallied back well after that disastrous Jan/Feb period but we mustn't fall into the trap of thinking the job's basically done just because we've got all the big teams out of the way.
The tail end of every season always throws up surprising results and we need to make doubly sure that we aren't one of the teams on the end of them.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:09 pm

As I've said in another thread, we should - on paper - win every game from here on in. In fact, we pull it together, we could have this top 4 thing wrapped up in 3 weeks...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:25 am

There seems to be just something wrong with City. With their team, they should be doing alot better. I guess they have something like our problem; their midfield is not dominant and their defence is shaky. They have fabulous attacking players. Against Arsenal, i didnt think Arsenal stood a chance but somehow they came back in it. Yaya Toure seems like a shadow of himself...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:39 pm

Big game for us tonight, we could do with Everton taking something from Old Trafford, a point would be great, 3 points even better.

Tonight's games -

MANCHESTER UNITED v EVERTON.        8.00PM   (it's live on BT Sport)
BURNLEY v STOKE.                              7.45PM
LEICESTER v SUNDERLAND.                  7.45PM
WATFORD v WBA.                                7.45PM
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:59 pm

Yup and in confident Everton will get something off Mancs. Then again i think Ibrahimovic may be back. If his back then i can see Mancs wining.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:25 pm

United have had a couple of really good chances but Jagielka's improvised finish makes it 1-0 to Everton.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion