Jamie carragher - Is he really right a centre half

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby Hamza » Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:54 pm

I was just thinking carragher is a much better left back in my mind than centre but who else could we put there instead

Your views plz
Hamza

Postby Steph Gleave » Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:18 pm

Jamie Carragher is doing a sound job the only other player is henchoz but for some reason or other he seem's to be getting over looked why god only know's and i agree he is better at left back bur riise is doing a good job so far so why change it.
Steph Gleave

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:00 am

in my opinion i think carraghers a good centre back, i wouldnt be to fussed if we didnt sign another defender to be honest, i mean he has good leadership and communication skills plus is fearless and very aggresive in the tackle. Sure he's not the most naturally gifted player in the side, but many great defences are built not on the best individuals but on a back four who have a good understanding with one another. If you look at the Man Utd team of the early 90's steve bruce never played for England and pallister wasnt a regular but they won praticallly everything at united
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:11 pm

Carragher's a decent player at centre back. He's not in the top bracket, but he could develop into one of the best around.

It often happens in football that average footballers develop into top class centre halves as they get older, such as Naybet at Deportivo (now at Spurs) or Keown or Steve Bould at Arsenal.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby who the hell is diarra » Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:20 pm

Carra has great organisational skills and is rarely caught out of position,  I agree with JBG that while carra isn't the greatest he could develop it to a real top class centre half. His lack of height shouldn't be a problem playing along side Hyypia and some of the worlds best like Cannavarro and fairly short. I'm happy with Carras play this season and hope he keeps his place.   :)
Always Look on the bright side of life
der der ........der der der der der

Drummerphil You'll never walk alone
who the hell is diarra
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:40 pm

Carra's not short.

You don't have to be six foot four to be a great centre half.

What is he? Six foot, six foot one?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:51 pm

who the hell is diarra wrote:Carra has great organisational skills and is rarely caught out of position,  I agree with JBG that while carra isn't the greatest he could develop it to a real top class centre half. His lack of height shouldn't be a problem playing along side Hyypia and some of the worlds best like Cannavarro and fairly short. I'm happy with Carras play this season and hope he keeps his place.   :)

carraghers deffo over six foot
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:02 pm

Carra is not a great player but he gives his all when he plays. He can make a good captain for the team. I hope he can really improve at CB like JBG and diarra says.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge