Eto'o, tevez and henry - The grapevine is talking to me...

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Fri May 25, 2007 11:56 am

How come when I posted a topic about a month ago about Henry, I was told I was a nugget!

Ah well, no worries if him and Teves come I will be over the moon.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Moosey » Fri May 25, 2007 11:56 am

Anelka still around 27, can cut it. Possible squad player?

I think the only reason that we wont look at the likes of him or mccarthy is because the pressure is on to buy big.

Worth a thought me thinks...
Last edited by Moosey on Fri May 25, 2007 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moosey

Postby GRAHAM01 » Fri May 25, 2007 12:01 pm

Moosey wrote:Anelka still around 27, can cut it. Possible squad player?

I think the only reason that we wont look at the likes of him or mccarthy is because the pressure is on to buy big.

you have a good point, but the reason we all want big buys is because the smaller ones we have had before have not done the job.

this is not to say bigger players will do the job but it gives us a better chance and that`s why we should not be looking at lower player, as for them being team players we are going to have kuyt and crouch to back up 2 new and big strikers
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby grayghost » Fri May 25, 2007 1:08 pm

Tevez is the man we need get him now Thank you. :D :D
grayghost

Postby Paul C » Fri May 25, 2007 5:29 pm

GRAHAM01 wrote:
Moosey wrote:Anelka still around 27, can cut it. Possible squad player?

you have a good point, but the reason we all want big buys is because the smaller ones we have had before have not done the job.

this is not to say bigger players will do the job but it gives us a better chance and that`s why we should not be looking at lower player, as for them being team players we are going to have kuyt and crouch to back up 2 new and big strikers

Theirs no way Anelka would be happy as a squad player, he'd complain and end up leaving.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Fri May 25, 2007 7:48 pm

Rafa Benitez has targeted West Ham's Carlos Tevez and Palermo's Brazilian striker Amauri as he bids to strengthen his Liverpool squad.
It is understood the pair are the first players the Reds boss has earmarked in what is expected to be a summer of big spending at Anfield.

Tevez, who is set to leave the Hammers after helping them avoid relegation, has been linked with the Reds for some time where he would team up again with fellow Argentinian Javier Mascherano.

26-year-old Amauri is also believed to be on Benitez's list and could be available for less than £5million. The Brazilian has hit eight goals in just 18 Serie A appearances this season and has attracted attention from several sides across Europe after some impressive displays.

Benitez has urged new American owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks to back him in the transfer market this season and has warned players need to be brought in as soon as possible if the Reds are to mount a realistic title challenge next term.

http://www.clubcall.com/index.jsp?storyID=317820
destro

Postby Thingy » Sat May 26, 2007 12:48 am

passmeistro_#14 wrote:32 million?? sheeeeesh!

Kebab.... Ill get me coat  :D. There must be some truth in these rumours. Id happily take either Tevez Henry Or Eto'o.
Thingy

Previous

Return to The Rumour Mill