The latest transfer rumors

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:25 pm

as per 24 June.

SALIF DIAO for ST ETIENNE
St Etienne have expressed an interest for Liverpool midfielder Salif Diao.The Senegal international is expected to be offloaded before the start of the season after struggling since his move to Anfield two seasons ago. Diao has declared he wants to stay at Liverpool, but he is likely to be sold to free up funds in new manager Rafa Benitez's transfer budget.

DIARRA for LENS
Lens are chasing Liverpool defender Alou Diarra.
The 22 year-old French centre-half spent last season on-loan at Bastia, having been the previous campaign with Le Havre. Diarra will start preseason at Liverpool, but could be again loaned out - this time to Lens - for the new campaign.

DJIMI TRAORE for MALI
Liverpool defender Djimi Traore has become the second Premiership star snub France and commit himself to Mali.
Following Tottenham striker Fredi Kanoute's lead, Traore revealed to Mali radio: "I think this will be good for me because I think the national team will allow me to relaunch my career, whether that's at Liverpool or somewhere else." Traore represented France at under-18 level but his father is from Mali.

STEVIE for CHELSEA; DAMIEN DUFF AND SCOTT PARKER TO LFC
Chelsea are ready to solve Liverpool's midfield problems by offering Damien Duff and Scott Parker for Steven Gerrard.
The Daily Mail says Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is so desperate to sign Gerrard that he is willing to sacrifice both Duff and Parker to land the Reds skipper. The offer would also include a cash component of £20 million. Duff's place at Chelsea is under threat following the signing of Arjen Robben from PSV Eindhoven, while Parker has been played out of position on the right-side of midfield since his arrival at Stamford Bridge in January.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:30 pm

20m plus those two player sounds like a decent proposition to me. ok parker is no gerrard but he has already proved that he can mix it with the best of them in the premiership. however if we got duff, what would happen to harry kewell?  ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby simic_ie » Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:46 pm

Both of em hae their share of injury problems so they would [robably get a full season between them :D
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Thu Jun 24, 2004 2:46 pm

Decisions, decisions for Rafael.....until I hear that Stevie is going I wont believe it.

Once these Chamionships are over, watch Chelsea go, the bast**ds.  F***ing signing everyone again.  Get the monopolies commission in.  :D  :D  :D

They still wont win the Premiership though.
jonnymac1979

Postby greenred » Thu Jun 24, 2004 3:13 pm

Has Benitez mentioned any names yet?
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Thu Jun 24, 2004 3:16 pm

greenred wrote:Has Benitez mentioned any names yet?

I've heard none.  No news is good news.
jonnymac1979

Postby anfieldadorer » Fri Jun 25, 2004 10:41 am

as per June 25, 2004

Atletico Madrid's Eto'o reveals Liverpool talks

The fact that Liverpool already have strikers Michael Owen, Milan Baros, Harry Kewell and Djibril Cisse appears to have scuppered a move to Anfield for African Footballer of the Year Samuel Eto'o. New Liverpool coach Rafael Benitez is a known admirer of the Cameroon striker and attempted to sign him from Real Mallorca last season when he was in charge of Valencia.

"I was in contact with Benitez and he let me know that he has a lot of players for that position. There is Michael Owen and they signed Cisse this summer,'' said agent Jose Mesas.

"His idea is not to strengthen the team in that area, although we all know Benitez really likes Eto'o.''

Atletico Madrid and Barcelona now appear the favourites to sign Eto'o.

Chelsea's £36M deal on for Liverpool ace Gerrard

Chelsea are set to land Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard in a mega £35.8 million deal. The Daily Express says Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has upped his original £31 million proposal to convince Liverpool to sell. Gerrard will land a package worth £120,000-a-week and team up with England colleague Frank Lampard at Stamford Bridge. Before last night's defeat against Portugal, Gerrard admitted: "I think the playing relationship with Frank is gelling really well.

"I enjoy playing in the same midfield with Frank because, first and foremost, he is a magnificent player. He's also a very intelligent one.

"People think that when I'm playing in the same midfield as Frank, I've got to sit back and do all the defensive work.

"It's not always like that. though. I can go forward as well because I know he's very clever and he'll be disciplined when I've gone on a run."

Chelsea deny swap talk for Liverpool's Gerrard

Chelsea have denied reports they are offering Scott Parker and Damien Duff to Liverpool for Steven Gerrard.
A club statement has dismissed the reports,  stating: "Following media speculation regarding the possible transfers of Damien Duff and Scott Parker, the club would like to make clear that both players will remain important members of the Chelsea squad and team."

Liverpool boss to go Spanish as No. 2

New Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez wants a Spaniard as his assistant. Paco Herrera, former trainer of Numancia and Albacete, is Benitez's No1 choice to be his new assistant manager at Anfield. Benitez has turned to Herrara after his Valencia No2, Antonio Lopez, chose not to follow him to England. Herrera is expected to give his answer to Benitez by Sunday.
Last edited by anfieldadorer on Fri Jun 25, 2004 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:06 pm

can't make thier minds up???,Seems as if every media journalist must be running out of new shoes for thier kids.:laugh: :laugh:
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cheesecakery » Fri Jun 25, 2004 1:46 pm

greenred wrote:Has Benitez mentioned any names yet?

I hear Charlie Cutler 's coming
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby Dom1 » Fri Jun 25, 2004 2:12 pm

why haven you mentioned marcus bents moe to everton  :D
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby supersub » Fri Jun 25, 2004 5:41 pm

Robin Reliant is a possible target,but who knows.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby cheesecrackernuts » Sat Jun 26, 2004 4:07 am

sssh...
just you and me
i just hearding a rumors:

Benitez is going to be our manager!!!!! :blues:

ooo happy daaaay..... :D
cheesecrackernuts

Postby supersub » Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:22 am

I've heard Don Welsh is on his way out and a guy called Bill Shankly is already been approached to replace him.I think we should follow stu and demand we give Mr Welsh more time and not have to spend more years rebuilding.The future is so uncertain if this Shankly fella arrives.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby cheesecrackernuts » Sat Jun 26, 2004 10:22 am

:(  argh!

that is newest one?

sh#t, i shoold have not read yesterday news paper... :angry:
cheesecrackernuts

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge