Danny murphy - Keep or sell?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun May 02, 2004 7:26 pm

stupid question.

deserves a stupid answer.

If he's to play in the centre, that would involve Gerrard playing the holding role, as Murphy is not a great tackler. So we would go from a team driven by Gerrard, to one driven by Danny Murphy.

But he has a good eye for goal, is technically very good, and is a good squad player, capable of filling in, and doing a job. Our Ray Parlour.

I think it's more of a confidence thing more than anything else.
do you agree.

Gerrard doesn't have to play the holding role at all. Stop talking garbage. You don't need a holding midfielder. Its bull. Man Utd, when they won the treble didn't have one. In a 4-4-2 you need two centre mids who can mix it, one better defensively (Gerrard, Keane) and one who's creative but can do there bit (Scholes)... this is what we lack.

Diamonds and complicating things gets you into a mess. Doing it simple and having a flat 4-4-2 with wingers, fullbacks, centre backs, centre mids and strikers is the best way to go.

All this sweeper, anchor man, deep forward, inside right, attacking fullback nonsense is garbage. In this country every club plays a 4-4-2 from kids to adult level so there fore they all know how to play in that system.
115-1073096938

Postby Dalglish » Mon May 03, 2004 1:06 am

KEEP HIM !!! He's well back in the long list of players who need to be released or better still sold .

Ok he has had 1 below Average season but still weighed in with a  few goals. He can play a  variety of positions and his diciplinary records good, also doesn;t get injured and a decent sqaud player.

Super Dan :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Mon May 03, 2004 5:19 am

stapo1000 wrote:I THINK HIS GOALS  HAVE GIVEN HIM CONFIDENCE AND HE HAD A GOOD FIRST HALF. SKILLFULLY WON US A FREE KICK FROM A DANGEROUS PLACE. HOWEVER, HE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH ATTACKING AND IT SEEMS LIKE HE NEVER PASSES THE BALL FORWARD!!

HE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH ATTACKING AND IT SEEMS LIKE HE NEVER PASSES THE BALL FORWARD!!

Who care as far as he scores goals and gives us victory

I can't believe you talk such a cr#p for him who deserves absolute points for leading us to fourth place

You mean you were not happy with Danny?Or you hate Danny scoring first? (which may lead to the second and might lead to the CL?)

I don't understand you. Keep your words for time when he plays cr#p! Not this time.  :angry:
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon May 03, 2004 8:19 am

i say keep him. Hes spud! Hes got character as well which is important. Players like him, stevie G and Carragher ARE liverpool. They aer the spirit of the club. Also he always helps us beat the scum so that has to eb good. Lets get rid of some of the dead wood and build a team, but murphy isnt dead wood if u ask me :cool:
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BOODIDDY » Mon May 03, 2004 12:26 pm

If this club moves forward then murphy isnt a player this club needs. Man u performances are clouding judgement. His distribution is poor, speed isnt there and heading is pitiful, go danny go!
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion