The new offside law - Fifa's finally lost the plot

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Fri Feb 13, 2004 3:32 pm

can someone please explain to me what the hell fifa think they're doing by changing the offside law half way through a season. its ludicrous. why can't we just go back to the old law of you're offside or you're not? with this new rule i don't think the managers, players and even officials know what the hells going on. from free kicks, players, e.g. ruud van horseface can now stand in an offside position a yard from the goal-line and be fine, as long as thery're not impeding the goalkeepers line of vision. you may as well abolish offside altogether if this is the case. what do u all think?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby sangy » Fri Feb 13, 2004 3:55 pm

Yeh its abismal, its really pathetic as noone knows whats goin on and the biggest example of this was when Bolton played Leicester the two players next to the goal posts stupid!!! But now thats now allowed or some s##t as the Fifa has once again tightened it up but not changed the new one or some cr#p!!!
sangy
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:43 pm

no wonder rvn scores so many goals a season when he can legally stand so close to the goal-line!
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby sangy » Fri Feb 13, 2004 5:05 pm

RVN is a box player full stop! The ***** jus sticks his f##kin leg out and voila!!! *****
sangy
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Fri Feb 13, 2004 5:08 pm

it just makes me laugh when i hear man u fans claiming that he's better than thierry henry. you would've thought they'd all been taking illegal substances.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby sangy » Fri Feb 13, 2004 5:11 pm

lmao u hit the nail on the head m8! I have dat argument everyday wit manure fans , im like Henry can come form midfield and then tackle peeps and take a good shot whilst Horsey hangs bout goal dickhead! Also Henry assists goals whereas u can tell Prickface Ruud dont like it as much wen his team m8's score! And why is it when he scores he acts as if he's scored the world cup winning goal!!! DIPSHIT :angry: :angry:
sangy
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Fri Feb 13, 2004 5:15 pm

my thoughts exactly. fair enough his goal scoring records phenomenal but about 30% of them have been penalties (at old trafford). he also gets chance put on a plate for him, he can't create anything for himself. oh yeah- and he's a diving b#st#rd.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby sangy » Fri Feb 13, 2004 5:21 pm

yeh how cud we forget the little s##t and his diving i jus wished keown and etc battered him ## ah wud av been gr8 :p
sangy
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Fri Feb 13, 2004 5:25 pm

let me just point out that i don't endorse violence in any way, except in that case! that was the funniest thing i've seen all season just because it was such handbags at ten paces!
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby sangy » Fri Feb 13, 2004 5:28 pm

yeh same ere aint a violent person and i wud be so ded agaisnt it but as it was horsey was f##kin class LMAO
sangy
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:22 pm

Offside is quite simple - EVERYONE on the pitch is "active" or "interfering" with play -

The position of defenders determines whether or not a striker is offside
The defenders position themselves according to the position of the strikers

If a defender is aware of the presence of a striker then he is interfering with play, as Leicester proved the other day when they tried to exploit the rules. I reckon it should be defined thus "a player is deemed offside if there is CLEAR space between himself and the last defender when the ball is played OR received".
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Premiership - General Discussion