Latest liverpool transfer rumour

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby Stan Laurel » Sat Feb 07, 2004 11:26 pm

Liverpool have been linked with a possible move for Chelsea midfielder Joe Cole in the summer.

The former West Ham ace is unhappy at the role he has with the Londoners and is reportedly ready to listen offers at the end of the season.

PSV striker Mateja Kezman says he is frustrated that nobody has made any serious attempts to sign him during the transfer window.
Man Utd and Arsenal signed alternatives while Gerard Houllier said he was happy with the squad he already has. Barcelona's interest also failed to materialise leaving the player on the transfer shelf.
Last week the player announced that he would definitely leaves PSV in the summer with Liverpool tipped as favourite to land , providing other players are axed first.

Liverpool have again been linked with Spurs winger Simon Davies.
The 24 year old Welsh international - who recently returned to action following a hip injury - was linked heavily with Liverpool last year but no bid was ever forthcoming.

Rumours in London claim that Spurs's Robbie Keane could be on his way in the summer with Anfield a possible destination.

Speculation suggests that Spurs are also interested in Riise and that Keane could go the other way in some kind of swap deal.
Houllier is a fan of the 23 year old Irishman who is comfortable in attack or midfield and there have been whispers over the fortnight that Riise is a target Spurs and the he could be axed in the summer.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:56 am

Cole - if the price was right, I'd like to see us get rid of a few surplus midfielders first
Kezman - would be happy if we signed him, not sure we will while Houllier is in charge
Keane - but a dream, Tottenham may well hang on to him for a while as the Defoe-Keane partnership looks promising and without a manager yet
Davies - not that bothered, Tottenham is not the best club to shop at. They are mid-table mediocrity personified and their players in general reflect the club

Riise to Tottenham - could be a good move (for us) but they have Ziege.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kopper » Sun Feb 08, 2004 11:21 am

I think Cole would be a great signing....and we get rid of Murphy and Smicer.
Interviewer:       'Would it be fair to describe you as a volatile player?'
David Beckham: 'Well, I can play in the centre on the right and occasionally on the left side.' (Man U)
kopper
LFC Super Member

Postby Starbridge42 » Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:05 pm

Cole would be good, and Roy Keane would be simply awesome
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby kopper » Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:13 pm

Cole would be good, and Roy Keane would be simply awesome

Not Roy, Robbie.
David Beckham: 'Well, I can play in the centre on the right and occasionally on the left side.' (Man U)
kopper
LFC Super Member

Postby Paul Hudson » Sun Feb 08, 2004 3:57 pm

cole would give us creativity we lack, but wasn't that what we bought kewell for?
not sure about kezman and i think davies is average.
Paul Hudson

Postby Owzat » Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:28 pm

I think a lot of (Premiership) players are over-rated. Good to see the highly rated Wes Brown making manu into a defensive joke. Is that six goals conceded in three league games? I suggested to a manu supporter that Brown might be better of at full-back, like I think Biscan could have the makings of a good full-back.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sangy » Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:35 pm

Starbridge42 wrote:Cole would be good, and Roy Keane would be simply awesome

lmao now dats funni lmao  :laugh:  Roy Keane lol
sangy
LFC Super Member

Postby kopper » Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:38 pm

and u call me mean. ???
kopper
LFC Super Member

Postby sangy » Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:41 pm

kopper wrote:and u call me mean. ???

oh no i aint laughing at him/her just cracked me up lmao creasing style  :)
sangy
LFC Super Member

Postby kopper » Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:43 pm

fair enough
kopper
LFC Super Member

Postby HOMELEIGHKOP » Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:10 pm

:p
"RED IS THE COLOUR"
HOMELEIGHKOP

Postby kopper » Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:13 pm

:p :p :p
kopper
LFC Super Member

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge