Why why why - Current situation!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mrcool2003 » Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:31 pm

ICE-MAN wrote:i do think traore has done well this season, against chelsea he nearly scored and set up garcia for a header that he should have scored, he also caused duff and robben to be both substituted which meant him and our other back three didnt give the 2best wingers in the league a sniff all game! i dont think hes a centre half though!

2 b honest, think thats the sign of too many games for those 2 chelsea wingers rather than down to traore, not good enough
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:45 pm

the thing is that ALL of us have probably seen him play as when we played valencia in the CL he played in both legs. but none of us can remember him.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ronmeister » Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:45 pm

If nothing else he can bring him on for 30 mins and rest one of the other's Hypia aint no spring chicken,
I think its a straight swap for hencho just a bit of cover in the center
ronmeister

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:14 pm

mrcool2003 wrote:
yckatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:in general i agree, it does seem pointless to me, especially with traore`s last few starts at centre half looking encouraging.
but benitez has done a excellent job considering what he`s had to put up with so i`ll just trust his judgement.

your backside, traore needs to be gone, hes a liability and since when did he start at centre half, ive seen him left back this season but never centre half and hes a stop gap the valencia defender til the summer, trust me

didn`t he play centre half in the carling cup games?
he has played there before and looked comfortable.
my point is sami and carragher are your first choice pairing, who`s to say their going to get injured? if they do we have cover at the back, if you dont like traore then play whitbread or even raven who is a centre half apparently. hamaan even.
i just think a 33 year old is a step backwards. so called squad players are the last thing we need, houllier used to buy them in their droves, in fact we should be unloading them.
my motto is buy quality (proven at that) or dont bother.
i`ve had enough of he`s the new zidane or in a couple of years this fella`s the new desailly.
thats my personal opinion, and as i said benitez has done a excellent job so far so he must know what he`s doing.
i cant see the logic behind it thats all.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby aco67 » Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:58 pm

In AA's comments, Pellegrino's only played once this season & that was in the CL, so as with Morientes, he'd be ineligable for the CL
Beer...........
The cause of......
And solution to..........
All of lifes problems............
aco67

Postby A.B. » Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:49 pm

How are we becoming "Rafa's Old Boys Club"? How does one old player make this an Old Boys Club?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:52 pm

Santa wrote:I haven't seen him played before, so I can comment intelligently.

That figures !
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:31 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:
Santa wrote:I haven't seen him played before, so I can comment intelligently.

That figures !

What? You have anything constructive to offer here?
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ssss » Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:23 am

I think pellegrino's an excellent defender. He's one of the reason why valencia under rafa had the meanest defence and many have said that it is actually he that makes ayala look good in the valencia defence.

He is technically excellent, good distribution, strong, possess good ariel ability and an extremely good man marker. Probably his only weakness would be pace.

I think for a short term contract, it is a pretty shrewd signing by Benitez as he would be good competition and backup for our CB's, increase our option as we can now play three across the backline and also allow our CB's to rest..

All in all pretty good choice plus he's worked under rafa before so should fit in well...
ssss

Postby anfieldadorer » Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:37 am

who do you think those are who question Rafa's decision in determining who's to come and who's to go?
how long have you been studying about prospective decent players for liverpool? as intensively and as quality as Rafa? Pellegrino is coming, and rafa knows what to do with the club. Trust in him. endoff!
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:55 am

Having been in Liverpool since last Aug and experiencing the struggles of the Spanish players early on (some are still struggling), Rafa would not be making a hasty decision but more of a calculated one.

Defenders do not have to have spot on pace in comparison to the opposing striker, part of the art is anticipation and the ability to be alert towards potential threats. Pelligrino would make for a good cover to the main CDs and allow for some flaxibility if the game plan is to play three CDs at the back.

So, we should trust Benithez an bit more.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion