Crystal Palace vs Liverpool, 20:00 on Monday 20th Aug

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Eagle » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:11 pm

Selhurst Park is a bit of throwback in that it’s a much smaller ground than most in the PL. The fans are close to the pitch and create a really hostile atmosphere and it will go up a notch for an evening game. They’ll have their tails up after beating Fulham 2-0 away and will up for putting on a show in their first home game of the season. This has been a bit of bogey fixture for us so I’m expecting a tough night.

Apart from Lovren, Ox and Brewster, everyone is fit and available. I think apart from the midfield the team will pick itself and will be the same as last week. No doubt that Palace will be looking to use the same tactic of Benteke dropping into midfield to knock the ball on for Zaha to get in behind our RB. Fabinho’s ability in the air might help in this one.

Squad: Alisson, Karius, Trent, Clyne, Robertson, Moreno, van Dijk, Gomez, Matip, Fabinho, Henderson, Ketia, Lallana, Wijnaldum, Milner, Grujic, Salah, Shaqiri, Mane, Firmino, Sturridge, Origi, Solanke
Eagle

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:58 pm

Hate it when we play Monday nights but still looking forward to it.  Hoping for a few goals and another clean sheet.

I would think Klopp will probably stick with the same starting 11 from the WH game as well.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:15 pm

Fabinho or Hendo will definitely be in for Milner I would assume. Fabinho missing out last week due only to illness. Klopp has many options and he could possibly play Fabinho for Wjnaldum,although I thought both Gini and Milner played well Last week.

First tricky away match against Zaha and Co. Defence needs to be solid for this one. Will Gomez keep his place, or will Matip/ Lovren step in?

Alisson
TAA Gomez vvd Robertson

Keita. Fabinho
         Hendo

Salah.  Firmino  Mane

... Whichever way Jurgen wants to Rotate it! :p

Prediction : 0-2 to US. Keita will give this lot a football masterclass.
Last edited by Ghost of Shankly on Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:23 pm

Yup won't be easy against Palace they have decent performers in the side. We should however come home with 3 points though.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:33 pm

red till i die!! » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:58 pm wrote:Hate it when we play Monday nights but still looking forward to it.  Hoping for a few goals and another clean sheet.

I would think Klopp will probably stick with the same starting 11 from the WH game as well.

Not a fan of Monday night games myself mate, we never seem to do well in them.
Palace are a tough nut to crack on their own patch, I don't think they lost a home game last season in which Zaha started, if we want to win the title though these are exactly the type of tricky away fixtures that we've got to negotiate.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:34 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:33 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:58 pm wrote:Hate it when we play Monday nights but still looking forward to it.  Hoping for a few goals and another clean sheet.

Not a fan of Monday night games myself mate, we never seem to do well in them.
Palace are a tough nut to crack on their own patch, I don't think they lost a home game last season in which Zaha started, if we want to win the title though these are exactly the type of tricky away fixtures that we've got to negotiate.

WELL in that case, we need to show exactly what we are made of....
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:31 am

Didn't know where to post this

https://youtu.be/gBWWgvqpQk0

:D Even Pep got th3 shivers then and rightly so. Who isn't scared of our front 3!!!
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:41 am

This is a great test! Their manager and two of their main players will have a point to prove, they will play a style that had previously given us trouble, we don't like that ground, it's Monday night... previously this match might have troubled us but with our additions this season we should cope much better. Looking forward to watching how Keita copes with what could be considered a very "typical premiership" side that will play accordingly.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:45 am

redshade » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:31 am wrote:Didn't know where to post this

:D Even Pep got th3 shivers then and rightly so. Who isn't scared of our front 3!!!

Is that for real mate? As in are the subs for real? He is worrying about liverpool when facing Everton  :laugh: they'll really be ***** off about this the evertonians...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:57 am

redshade » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:31 am wrote:Didn't know where to post this

Be afraid.... Be very afraid of our front three
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:00 pm

I don't expect us to thrash these, infact, I'd be very surprised if we do. They'll be a tricky oponent but I do expect us to beat them, if we're serious about a title challenge.

1-2 to us my prediction. Zaha, Mane, Salah.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:27 pm

maguskwt » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:45 am wrote:
redshade » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:31 am wrote:Didn't know where to post this

Is that for real mate? As in are the subs for real? He is worrying about liverpool when facing Everton  :laugh: they'll really be ***** off about this the evertonians...

It is a documentary on last season mate i think it was prior to our champions league match.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:42 pm

I think we will win this, but not by much, probably 0-2. They will be confident as they won their first game, so it should be fun. I'm also surprised that Zaha signed a new deal with them also. He could have gone to half a dozen better clubs than Palace. A club like Everton could really use a player like Zaha.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:50 pm

Hate going there as Palace have been a real nuisance for us over the years and play without fear because of it. Selhurst Park for night games no sure thing for anybody.

If we do pick up 3 points it will be a very good result, probably goals either side a clean sheet would be impressive work and a genuine test for our new keeper Alison who will be bombarded by crosses, stopping those key.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:02 am

i just hope we don't fall into the trap of trying too hard.

Klopp needs to curb over-enthusiasm and make sure the lads keep to the script otherwise it'll be a 90% possession game yet we draw 0-0.

Otherwise 3-1 to the Reds, with TAA, Robertson and Dick Van Dyke to score.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games