Liverpool Vs West Ham 12/08 13:30 Ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:58 pm

A good start. Long may it continue. Dodgy hammers defending helped our cause though. And a dodgy not-offside call. So let's not get too carried away.
Citeh went to the Emirates and comfortably won so for me they're still the yardstick.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby redshade » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:27 pm

Keita was amazing really enjoyed todays performance.
Yup City look strong 2-0 at L'Ars. I still think City will win the prem they have got more depth to cover the whole campaign with Cups etc..
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:26 pm

Thought Milner was absolutely superb today his pressing was relentless and Keita's composure on the ball and his awareness when he releases it is  worth the ticket price alone. Lovely little result for our first game of the season, 4 clinically taken poachers goals and none conceded and only the pitch invader got booed  :)

West Ham just couldn't live with our movement and interchanges and what's ominous for the rest of the Prem is it will only become more tightly honed with every game we play. It just feels good to have football and specifically match days back, I know the World Cup has just finished but nothing get the hairs standing up on the back of your neck like waiting for that whistle to blow for kick off ,it still to this day manages to resurrect that childlike euphoria felt when I first stepped into the Boy's Pen.

Football is back and not before time !
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:51 pm

Many outstanding performances today. But our defence looked rock solid. Long may it continue.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:28 am

So many positives to take. Henderson, Shaqiri and Sturridge the 3 subs. Not only can the first 11 compete but there's depth to manage games now.

Keita is a bit good isn't he?
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:58 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:09 pm wrote:A shoutout to VVD as well, the fella is a colossus, there's been a different feeling around the club ever since he joined. That panic that used to grip everyone whenever the opposition crossed the halfway line has pretty much gone.

A lot of people tend to overreact with comments like best/worst player to ever sign for LFC, or wear the shirt etc, but for me, VVD has truly been one of the best signings in recent history. Not only because of his ability, but the way he completely trasformed our defence is remarkable. For me, Virgil is the best CB in the world at the moment, and I think twice before I make such statements. Top 5 at the very least.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby algymoon » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:39 pm

An Excellent win, good game, however, I would like to Shaqiri and Sturridge used more often rather than Wijnaldum and Firmino,
Keita is good.
Good Luck for next Monday game
algymoon

Postby parchpea » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:45 pm

Klopp and the club buy players that easily fit into the system, that's the important thing. There are great players that perhaps wouldn't sit well in our side.

It started when he binned Benteke and I'm sure a lot of work and analysis is done to find appropriate players.

Hopefully Fabhino will slot in nicely too and Shaqiri goes from strength to strength.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:18 pm

Best subs bench we've had for Ages against the Hammers;  Fabinho, Lallana, Hendo, Sturridge, Shaqiri, Karius etc.

About time we had some depth to our squad.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:59 pm

Damn right mate finally a bench we can use if required.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games