LAZAR MARKOVIC- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby johnbarnes » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:03 pm

Who's gonna actually buy him?
It would be nice if we could find a club willing to take him. However...
Teams will sit it out now and get him on a free with a low sign fee - but enough to sweeten his pocket.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:59 pm

SOLD.  Liverpool have agreed a £2.9million deal with Anderlecht for Lazar Markovic. The deal includes a 50% sell on clause. 

Not sure how much we lost on him...think we might have reclaimed a few million in loan fees, but will go down as one of the biggest flops in LFC history
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:04 pm

Good luck to him - at one stage he was hot property with lots of clubs after him but for some reason it just didn’t happen , hopefully he can start again now and restore some of his career.
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:24 am

Garbage, pure and simple.

Took a long, long time to get rid of this spud.

We have come such a long way from these incredibly bad “moneyball” signings and I for one am glad we stopped this nonsense under Klopp.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby redshade » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:11 am

7_Kewell » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:59 pm wrote:SOLD.  Liverpool have agreed a £2.9million deal with Anderlecht for Lazar Markovic. The deal includes a 50% sell on clause. 

Not sure how much we lost on him...think we might have reclaimed a few million in loan fees, but will go down as one of the biggest flops in LFC history

Yup considering when to got him few years ago 20 mill was kind of a big deal.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:32 am

eds » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:24 am wrote:Garbage, pure and simple.

Took a long, long time to get rid of this spud.

We have come such a long way from these incredibly bad “moneyball” signings and I for one am glad we stopped this nonsense under Klopp.

Well first it wasn’t a moneyball signing - £20mil isn’t moneyball and also the club didn’t really do the moneyball System

And secondly he hasn’t left
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:13 am

Yep you are right the deal fell through.....  :veryangry

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2793658-liverpool-transfer-news-lazar-markovic-anderlecht-move-reportedly-collapsed

Apparently the little c**t rag sabotaged the deal by not agreeing to personal terms. Doesn't surprise me, no mark players have been pulling this s**t for years now.

Insidious little f**ker, I would parade him around the town square tomorrow and pelt him with tomatoes.
Last edited by eds on Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

eds

Postby eds » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:21 am

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:32 am wrote:
£20mil isn’t moneyball and also the club didn’t really do the moneyball System

Call it what you want but Rodgers was not responsible for bringing Marokovic in, this was a backroom decision made a in a time when FSG had no clue on what they were doing.

Klopp wouldn't put up with this s**t now, hence why we are in a much, much stronger position.

FSG have finally learnt the hard way, to leave signings to our manager.

eds

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:36 am

eds » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:13 am wrote:Yep you are right the deal fell through.....  :veryangry

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2793658-liverpool-transfer-news-lazar-markovic-anderlecht-move-reportedly-collapsed

Apparently the little c**t rag sabotaged the deal by not agreeing to personal terms. Doesn't surprise me, no mark players have been pulling this s**t for years now.

Insidious little f**ker, I would parade him around the town square tomorrow and pelt him with tomatoes.

Behave yourself with talk like that - how pathetic is that , since when did Liverpool fans talk like that about players

If the club have offered him poor wages why should he feel obliged to leave ?

Morals and common decency may have left football but that shouldn’t mean as Liverpool fans we should lose ours
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:03 pm

I've jinked another transfer  :D

But seriously, WTF Lazar??  ???   Would he sooner sit on his ***** doing nothing on 40k a week for the next 12 months, than take a pay cut and get his career on track? Fair enough, we gave him the contract and he can sit it out, but if that's his mentality then it's little wonder he flopped.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:35 pm

Wow very odd i would've thought this can be a new start for Lazar. Probably his thinking it is only 12 more month and then I'd get a better deal elsewhere.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:29 pm

I don't blame him not wanting to go to Anderlecht on less money, he has a contract here and within his rights to take every penny.

Markovic will hope to be paid the 2m+ fee in wages by his next club though the quality of destination will be mediocre as frankly that's his level.

A Championship club could easy afford him but not a single offer from the English second tier.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:51 pm

parchpea » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:29 pm wrote:I don't blame him not wanting to go to Anderlecht on less money, he has a contract here and within his rights to take every penny.

Markovic will hope to be paid the 2m+ fee in wages by his next club though the quality of destination will be mediocre as frankly that's his level.

A Championship club could easy afford him but not a single offer from the English second tier.

You're right, but for the fact that Lazar cried to the media about us not accepting a low-ball fee so he could get his career back on track.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Franky000 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:57 am

There was always something about him to suggest he could move on to the next level but he was never really given a fair chance imo...
Franky000

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:34 pm

7_Kewell » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:03 pm wrote:I've jinked another transfer  :D

But seriously, WTF Lazar??  ???   Would he sooner sit on his ***** doing nothing on 40k a week for the next 12 months, than take a pay cut and get his career on track? Fair enough, we gave him the contract and he can sit it out, but if that's his mentality then it's little wonder he flopped.

That's a WHOLE lotta money for sitting on your jacksie. Wouldn't you? Not that I'm happy about it but I'd do the same.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion