NESV - OUR NEW OWNERS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:49 pm

laza » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:02 pm wrote:Picture is worth a thousand words

Very well put Eagle

“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:59 am

Frankly I’m surprised what they are doing.

A few years back we were in this exact same spot after we came 2nd and they didn’t act. Luis left soon afterwards. And we went into another downward spiral until Klopp arrived.

Reg and I have been crying out for years for them to spend more money on key position players with a lot of you carrying on we would never do that under them.

Well here we are 7 years down the track and suddenly something has changed their thinking, I have no idea what it is (Klopp maybe) but I will say this if we land Fekir we will go close to winning it and will need a little bit of luck this time hopefully to strike City down.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:07 am

Why are suddenly the board digging deep in their pockets to back the manager? Not like them...
Ox 38m
Salah 38m
VVD 75m
Fabinho 47.5m
Keita 52m
Alisson 66m
Shaqiri 12m

Etc etc.

Are they now realising we need serious investment to win the Premier league title!??

Hmmmmm!?
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:04 pm

eds » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:59 am wrote:Frankly I’m surprised what they are doing.

A few years back we were in this exact same spot after we came 2nd and they didn’t act. Luis left soon afterwards. And we went into another downward spiral until Klopp arrived.

Reg and I have been crying out for years for them to spend more money on key position players with a lot of you carrying on we would never do that under them.

Well here we are 7 years down the track and suddenly something has changed their thinking, I have no idea what it is (Klopp maybe) but I will say this if we land Fekir we will go close to winning it and will need a little bit of luck this time hopefully to strike City down.

Think it's a number of reasons TBH, with the extra cash from the CL, new Premiership TV deal and Coutinho playing a big part.

We posted a 39 million profit in May and that doesn't include any of the CL cash. I think (hope) that our finances behind the scenes have been transformed and now we're seeing the reward from having our house in order.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:31 pm

7_Kewell » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:04 pm wrote:
eds » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:59 am wrote:Frankly I’m surprised what they are doing.

Think it's a number of reasons TBH, with the extra cash from the CL, new Premiership TV deal and Coutinho playing a big part.

We posted a 39 million profit in May and that doesn't include any of the CL cash. I think (hope) that our finances behind the scenes have been transformed and now we're seeing the reward from having our house in order.

Many are simply over thinking the fact that more money coming in = more money going out.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:04 pm

It's not that complicated. We make more money than we used to and players cost more than they used to so we spend more money on players. And we are also able to attract more expensive players because we are playing in the Champions League and our manager is a big draw. Oh and we sold a player for £142mil in Jan.
Eagle

Postby devaney » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:36 pm

Before the summer transfer window commenced we had a net spend over the last two years of -£26m !! As of today we have spent close on £150m net this summer. We are looking to offload the likes of Origi and the unfortunate Danny Ings for close on £50m. Potentially we could end up with a net spend this summer of £100m which is not a lot more than Everton spent in net terms last year !! Just in case nobody has noticed the market is changing. Klopp also knows that the bench he had for the CL final was not fit for purpose!!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:11 am

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:27 am

Holiday time wishes to everybody at FSG and let’s hope it is a very happy 2019 !!

These guys have been castigated by numerous fans in the past. Reasonable to say that a lot of it has been the result of frustration that has been built up over many years and especially H & G’s disgraceful period of ownership. Liverpool FC, as highlighted in a recent Times article (see Michael Edwards thread), is in possibly its best overall position in the clubs history. When you consider the state we were in when FSG took over 8 years ago that is an incredible achievement. They have taken their time , and tested the fans patience, in ensuring that they get the right people in Jurgen Klopp and Peter Moore. In 2011 Comolli brought Michael Edwards to the club. Edwards had enjoyed periods of success with both Portsmouth and Spurs. Edwards is clearly a key figure when you consider our success in the transfer market since he became Sporting Director in 2016.

As they say Rome wasn’t built in a day. All we need now is a few trophies to confirm a job well done by FSG.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:02 am

devaney » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:27 am wrote:Holiday time wishes to everybody at FSG and let’s hope it is a very happy 2019 !!

These guys have been castigated by numerous fans in the past. Reasonable to say that a lot of it has been the result of frustration that has been built up over many years and especially H & G’s disgraceful period of ownership. Liverpool FC, as highlighted in a recent Times article (see Michael Edwards thread), is in possibly its best overall position in the clubs history. When you consider the state we were in when FSG took over 8 years ago that is an incredible achievement. They have taken their time , and tested the fans patience, in ensuring that they get the right people in Jurgen Klopp and Peter Moore. In 2011 Comolli brought Michael Edwards to the club. Edwards had enjoyed periods of success with both Portsmouth and Spurs. Edwards is clearly a key figure when you consider our success in the transfer market since he became Sporting Director in 2016.

As they say Rome wasn’t built in a day. All we need now is a few trophies to confirm a job well done by FSG.

Agreed, we just need some trophies to cement this time in history. I have said it many times in this thread and now it is coming to fruition. We could not go from almost bankrupt to spending like crazy as it would have got us in more trouble (and we were deep in trouble). It had to be sustainable and by doing that the club had to be fixed from the top down which it was. We spend what we earn and that is how it must be, they helped us earn more and now we are spending it. Regardless of anything it is clear they are not fleecing the club and lining their pockets, if their agenda is to make money when selling it then that is fine, they deserve that for their vision. Compare them to the Glazers who are fleecing the club and have ManUre carrying a lot of debt, I’d much rather be us! I read somewhere that the Glazers built themselves a mall in the US with Utd money  :laugh:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:19 am

eds » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:43 am wrote:
UvS xR4GEx » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:58 pm wrote:We need them out ASAP .. they are using the club to make money. They are not bothered about us winning trophies or keeping the fans happy.

They care about making money and buying £68m pound Super Yachts!!

Like you've stated this month has proved everything we need to know..  We had a chance of winning 2 cups and finishing 4th. We apparently had money to buy VVD in the summer but made a mess of it so it was a good excuse to buy him in January and pretend that's what the Coutinho money was spent on.

I'm glad you see reality for what it is mate.

Here is something for the dim witted lemmings (that continually defend them) to ponder about FSG:

Net Spend under Hicks and Gillett
06/07: £15.6 million
07/08: £39.8 million
08/09: £6.2 million
09/10: -£8.6 million
TOTAL: £53 million
AVERAGE per season: £13.25 million

Net Spend under FSG
10/11: -£5.1 million
11/12: £35 million
12/13: £41 million
13/14: £20 million
14/15: £38 million
15/16: £28 million
16/17: -£6 million
17/18: - £28 million
TOTAL: £123 million
AVERAGE per season: £15.37 million

So in summary these tight-fisted, parasitic, cancerous scum have spent just £70million more than the previous pair of criminals that we had, but have been here four years longer! In context that is just £2 million more in net spend per season.   :help

And you wonder why we haven't won anything and no where near close to winning anything of note under them.  :no

Quite amusing going back and reading utter ***** like this - I guess the poster has crawled up a dark hole now ( maybe his own ***** )
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:24 am

eds » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:52 am wrote:FSG are ultimately responsible for bringing in the snake oil peddler to our club, thinking he could turn water  into wine. As we all know he failed miserably when Suarez left. They would not have survived if they had brought in another no-mark name to the club to replace him.

As much you all don’t want to accept this FSG have put the same constraints on Klopp than they had on Rodgers, that is buying players under 25yo and not spending on anyone over this age unless it’s a free transfer. The only difference is that we are spending more because the market dictates this now.

Klopp is doing a much better job because he is miles better the Rodgers in actually building a team and trying to get us playing as a cohesive unit. Rodgers had the world’s best strike partnership to paper over his obvious flaws.

:laugh:

Christ the guy was full of *****

I did notice he said f*ck all about the money spent in the summer
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:37 pm

eds » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:33 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:32 pm wrote:that's all well and good... but in the mean time just win some feckin trophies... do you want to be an elite club that wins trophies or do you just want to be a sustainable business? Ok maybe they needed 7 years to make the club a sustainable high earning business, but now it is time to win some feckin trophies... and if they don't move on to that another level, maybe they are not the right owners for the long run...

No point arguing logic to the cultists Mags.

FSG have done an absoulate number on these types of “fans”, who now define success purely based on financial metrics off the field and not the obvious, trophies won.

Watch them pop the champagne corks when we sell Salah for a world record profit as we keep “growing” the club. What ever the f**k that means?!?

It’s a sad indictment of our club, aspirations and these so called supporters that have drank the FSG kool aid.

Let’s just say Eds I’m glad I behaved like a true supporter instead and of a spoilt brat in the way that I vigorously defended FSG. You have the business acumen of a potato mate. You’ve castigated Rodger’s and FSG. Whingebags like you don’t deserve to enjoy the ride we are currently enjoying !!
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:12 am

Lallana in Pyjamas » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:24 am wrote:
eds » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:52 am wrote:FSG are ultimately responsible for bringing in the snake oil peddler to our club, thinking he could turn water  into wine. As we all know he failed miserably when Suarez left. They would not have survived if they had brought in another no-mark name to the club to replace him.

As much you all don’t want to accept this FSG have put the same constraints on Klopp than they had on Rodgers, that is buying players under 25yo and not spending on anyone over this age unless it’s a free transfer. The only difference is that we are spending more because the market dictates this now.

Klopp is doing a much better job because he is miles better the Rodgers in actually building a team and trying to get us playing as a cohesive unit. Rodgers had the world’s best strike partnership to paper over his obvious flaws.

:laugh:

Christ the guy was full of *****

I did notice he said f*ck all about the money spent in the summer

Says the plonk who has filled up countless threads arguing inane s**t about Jordan Henderson, who is nothing more than an average player.

Jog on you little snipper.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

eds

Postby eds » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:15 am

devaney » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:37 pm wrote:
eds » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:33 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:32 pm wrote:that's all well and good... but in the mean time just win some feckin trophies... do you want to be an elite club that wins trophies or do you just want to be a sustainable business? Ok maybe they needed 7 years to make the club a sustainable high earning business, but now it is time to win some feckin trophies... and if they don't move on to that another level, maybe they are not the right owners for the long run...

No point arguing logic to the cultists Mags.

FSG have done an absoulate number on these types of “fans”, who now define success purely based on financial metrics off the field and not the obvious, trophies won.

Watch them pop the champagne corks when we sell Salah for a world record profit as we keep “growing” the club. What ever the f**k that means?!?

It’s a sad indictment of our club, aspirations and these so called supporters that have drank the FSG kool aid.

Let’s just say Eds I’m glad I behaved like a true supporter instead and of a spoilt brat in the way that I vigorously defended FSG. You have the business acumen of a potato mate. You’ve castigated Rodger’s and FSG. Whingebags like you don’t deserve to enjoy the ride we are currently enjoying !!

Your family not given you enough love during the Christmas period Dev?

Pulling out a post from 9 months ago and then going on an idiotic rant is a new low for any forum member especially you.

We are top of the league and as I posted in a thread also from a few months ago, I honestly think we will win this year because FSG have finally done the right thing and invested in the right players and landed Klopp, who I have supported from Day 1 when he arrived, reminded me what Rodgers has achieved again?

Seriously are you that insecure that you need to remind us all what an amazing super supporter you are having supported FSG, here is a gold star you special little man.

Go have a coke and chill out you f**king sad sack.......

eds

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion