Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby redshade » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:02 pm

What is making me think is had the Fekir medical been a success would we have gone for Alisson aswel?

Imo had we got Fekir i think Klopp would've had to stick with Karius in goal.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:11 am

redshade » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:02 pm wrote:What is making me think is had the Fekir medical been a success would we have gone for Alisson aswel?

I think so. We tried to get Allison in January, so pretty sure his value was valued into our summer transfer dealing.

Still think Fekir will happen...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:46 am

My thoughts where that the club intended sticking with Karius up to his error at Tranmere, at which point a decision was made not to revisit the Fekir deal and use the money to try and buy Alisson, with Shaqiri as a Fekir alternative.

Lets be honest Klopp and the club used literally every trick in the book to support Karius and get fans on side with a lot of PR thrown in over the concussion stuff, they didn’t want to spend that kind of money on a GK.  Its a position that has been undervalued by the owners since they took over really, evidence enough that they bought Karius for only £5m to replace Mignolet.

Fate can play a big part in success and I reckon that mistake at Prenton Park could be the a crucial moment in the evolution of this team, a sliding doors moment. If Karius catches Ollie Norburns shot hes right now our No1 in another universe and Fekir is on the plane to Charlotte.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:35 pm

parchpea » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:46 am wrote:My thoughts where that the club intended sticking with Karius up to his error at Tranmere, at which point a decision was made not to revisit the Fekir deal and use the money to try and buy Alisson, with Shaqiri as a Fekir alternative.

Lets be honest Klopp and the club used literally every trick in the book to support Karius and get fans on side with a lot of PR thrown in over the concussion stuff, they didn’t want to spend that kind of money on a GK.  Its a position that has been undervalued by the owners since they took over really, evidence enough that they bought Karius for only £5m to replace Mignolet.

Fate can play a big part in success and I reckon that mistake at Prenton Park could be the a crucial moment in the evolution of this team, a sliding doors moment. If Karius catches Ollie Norburns shot hes right now our No1 in another universe and Fekir is on the plane to Charlotte.

I like sliding door moments
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:49 pm

redshade » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:02 pm wrote:What is making me think is had the Fekir medical been a success would we have gone for Alisson aswel?

Yes. We probably would not have signed Shaqiri either. I think his signing is a alternative to Fekir as they both would be utilised in a similar role; back up for our strikers and to sit deeper in midfield / out wide/ AM etc, if necessary.

Maybe this is a blessing in disguise. Fekir and Alisson would have cost 116m (66m+50m)approx, whereas, Shaqiri and Alisson cost a combined 79m (66m+13m)approx, so we have SAVED approx 37m doing those two deals instead.

Good Business.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:01 pm

Read on sky that we are finalizing the deal for Vida, Lovren's team mate
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:26 pm

kazza » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:01 pm wrote:Read on sky that we are finalizing the deal for Vida, Lovren's team mate

That bloke should be killing Orcs in middle earth, not playing footie...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby damjan193 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:01 am

kazza » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:01 pm wrote:Read on sky that we are finalizing the deal for Vida, Lovren's team mate

Totally unnecessary signing if true. Personally, I'm quite happy with Matip (when fit), Klavan and Gomez as back-ups. I'm not entirely satisfied with Lovren as number one next to VVD, but Vida is definitely not the answer for that.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:45 am

damjan193 wrote:
kazza » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:01 pm wrote:Read on sky that we are finalizing the deal for Vida, Lovren's team mate

Totally unnecessary signing if true. Personally, I'm quite happy with Matip (when fit), Klavan and Gomez as back-ups. I'm not entirely satisfied with Lovren as number one next to VVD, but Vida is definitely not the answer for that.

Agree.

Also agree with Nicol as well.
http://www.goal.com/en/news/liverpool-s ... 1z6zh7gixe
Him alongside Van Dijk is title winning stuff.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:01 am

red till i die!! » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:45 pm wrote:
damjan193 wrote:

Agree.

Also agree with Nicol as well.
http://www.goal.com/en/news/liverpool-s ... 1z6zh7gixe
Him alongside Van Dijk is title winning stuff.

Wow Godin would be incredible as he is one of the best defenders in the world, truly world class. I cannot see it happening but that would make us the strongest team in the world. We can only dream!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:37 am

Alot of reports and rumours going around that Fekir has handed a transfer request in at Lyon. It's a strange one if true as he was offered a new contract just yesterday.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:40 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:37 am wrote:Alot of reports and rumours going around that Fekir has handed a transfer request in at Lyon. It's a strange one if true as he was offered a new contract just yesterday.

Interesting, sadly I think our business is done for this window, if he is trying to engineer his way out of Lyon I think it will be to somewhere else. I just hope a prem club doesn't buy him, it would be a right kick in the nuts if he comes here and starts tearing the league up.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:56 pm

Personally I think it's all still to play for with Fekir. It's clear he wanted the move and I think we'd still do the deal if the payment can be restructured so more of it is dependent on how much he plays for us. There is  nothing stopping another club coming in and giving Lyon 50mil and Fekir agreeing to the move. But if that doesn't happen then I'd be pretty confident that there will be more talks with Lyon towards the end of the window. He wouldn't be back in training with us until a few days before the first game so it's not as though we need to get him for the start of the season like Alisson. My hunch is that we'll do a deal in the final week of the window.
Eagle

Postby parchpea » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:48 pm

Think Fekir deal was dead but if they didn’t realise the extent of the Ox injury that may bring us back into the market.

Curtis Jones is amongst other younger MF players getting a lot of game time pre season so possible they will test them on the tour then either fast track them into first team squad or go back in for Fekir or another MF player.

Same with CB position with Matip already picking up a knock, may decide not to risk with injury prone players and chuck a bid in for that Vida, shake it up.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:03 pm

Fekir has rejected a contract extension with Lyon and will sign with us on 4th of August. That's according to French Journalist Jean Sebastien.

I think Lyon are just waiting for us to make a move.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill