World cup 2018

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:19 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:51 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:52 pm wrote:Egypt are all but out.

Feel sorry for Salah, he's clearly not fit and shouldn't be there. But given that this might be his only chance, I understand why he's playing.

If Uruguay get at least a point tomorrow against the Saudi's Egypt are out. If that's the case then I hope Mo sits out the last game, as you say he's clearly not fit and if he takes a bad tumble he could easily do some serious damage to that shoulder.
Bryan Robson was beset by shoulder injuries for a lot of his career, they sound innocuous but they are not, footballers spend a lot of time falling to the floor, often when running at high speed, if they have dodgy shoulders it can ruin their career.
Mo needs to make sure his current injury is 100% healed before he plays again.

A small bone breaks when you dislocate your shoulder and never heals, which makes you susceptible to it popping out again, again and again. I remember we had a promising young keeper in the late 1990s who suffered it and never recovered.

I think Salah has been lucky
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:09 am

redshade » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:02 am wrote:Argentina slaughtered :D.

Well done Lovren.

Incredible result  :D

Aussies get a very lucky  benefit from VAR now but I still dont like that thing
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:20 pm

Phil and Bobby combining to pull Brazil out of the shyte against Costa Rica.
I hate to say it because England are jam packed with United, Spurs and City players but Southgate's men might win this friggin thing. All the usual big hitters like Germany, Argentina, France, Brazil etc look miles off the pace.
Hopefully those teams will get better as the tournament develops but they need to get their @rses into gear.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:27 pm

7_Kewell » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:19 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:51 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:52 pm wrote:Egypt are all but out.

Feel sorry for Salah, he's clearly not fit and shouldn't be there. But given that this might be his only chance, I understand why he's playing.

If Uruguay get at least a point tomorrow against the Saudi's Egypt are out. If that's the case then I hope Mo sits out the last game, as you say he's clearly not fit and if he takes a bad tumble he could easily do some serious damage to that shoulder.
Bryan Robson was beset by shoulder injuries for a lot of his career, they sound innocuous but they are not, footballers spend a lot of time falling to the floor, often when running at high speed, if they have dodgy shoulders it can ruin their career.
Mo needs to make sure his current injury is 100% healed before he plays again.

A small bone breaks when you dislocate your shoulder and never heals, which makes you susceptible to it popping out again, again and again. I remember we had a promising young keeper in the late 1990s who suffered it and never recovered.

I think Salah has been lucky

Ah, I didn't know that, it explains why shoulder injuries tend to reoccur so often though.
Thanks mate, nice bit of info.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:45 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:20 pm wrote:Phil and Bobby combining to pull Brazil out of the shyte against Costa Rica.
I hate to say it because England are jam packed with United, Spurs and City players but Southgate's men might win this friggin thing. All the usual big hitters like Germany, Argentina, France, Brazil etc look miles off the pace.
Hopefully those teams will get better as the tournament develops but they need to get their @rses into gear.

If Ox, Lallana and few of our others were there i wouldn't mind however like you said mate with a team full of spurs and mannure players i can't be asked with them.

The world cup has been shyte so far but tbh it was expected.
I would love to see a weaker club snapping the trophy.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:49 pm

Big win for England, but Panama were very poor. Next game will be a serious challenge. Belgium are one of my favourites to win it
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:15 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:49 pm wrote:Big win for England, but Panama were very poor. Next game will be a serious challenge. Belgium are one of my favourites to win it

I think Martinez has already come out and said he's going to rest a few and I wouldn't be surprised if Southgate did the same, there's no Brazil or Germany type team that you'd desperately want to avoid in the Senegal, Japan, Columbia, Poland group so wether you finish first or second is a bit of a much of a muchness.
If you go deep into the tournament you play a lot of games in a short space of time and I think both managers will have that in mind, I think they'll both be looking past Thursday's game.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:19 pm

redshade » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:45 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:20 pm wrote:Phil and Bobby combining to pull Brazil out of the shyte against Costa Rica.

If Ox, Lallana and few of our others were there i wouldn't mind however like you said mate with a team full of spurs and mannure players i can't be asked with them.

The world cup has been shyte so far but tbh it was expected.
I would love to see a weaker club snapping the trophy.

It was bad enough years ago with West Ham fans claiming they won the World Cup, imagine that same carry on with United/City/Spurs fans? It would be unbearable.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:15 am

For the stupid figures being thrown about for Boateng, that would be one of the worst pieces of business EVER if Citeh sign him. He was dogshyte the other night vs Sweden. Absolute joke. And Rudiger was just as bad. Can't believe a German team has such as pair of donkeys at the back this WC.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby ethanr » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:01 am

bunglemark2 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:15 am wrote:For the stupid figures being thrown about for Boateng, that would be one of the worst pieces of business EVER if Citeh sign him. He was dogshyte the other night vs Sweden. Absolute joke. And Rudiger was just as bad. Can't believe a German team has such as pair of donkeys at the back this WC.

I was thinking the same thing. And he's playing with essentially Bayern's back line/keeper, so there's no excuses as to why he should look so awful.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby redshade » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:38 am

Morocco and Iran did well yesterday, Ramos got shafted twice. Time for Salah to come home i can't wait for proper football to begin. So far the only full match I've watched is Senegal vs Japan.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:42 pm

Don't know about you guys but for me the WC has been fun thus far. Yesterdays games were superb and a great example of how there aren't any favourites to win it. Literally anyone can win it.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:36 pm

Despite all the talk of an early exit Argentina are through to the knock out stages. Germany will make it through tomorrow as well.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:51 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:36 pm wrote:Despite all the talk of an early exit Argentina are through to the knock out stages. Germany will make it through tomorrow as well.

Argentina were Fkin poison mate.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Mikz » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:10 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:36 pm wrote:Despite all the talk of an early exit Argentina are through to the knock out stages. Germany will make it through tomorrow as well.

Thats what i thought too. Worst german team i ever seen
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion