World cup 2018

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby redshade » Thu May 31, 2018 7:50 pm

I remember when i was younger the world cup used to bring soo much excitement. I used to follow matches and enjoy the KO stages. At school everyone used to be tuned in and all sort of predictions used to take place.

Maybe it is because we are all used to how mediocre England are but I've noticed that the same flair and buzz has gone. I couldn't care less about the world cup anymore. The only teams i really follow are ones where our lads play in.

Last World cup i wanted Germany to win because i enjoyed the footy they played.

How is it for you guys?
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:13 pm

redshade » Thu May 31, 2018 6:50 pm wrote:I remember when i was younger the world cup used to bring soo much excitement. I used to follow matches and enjoy the KO stages. At school everyone used to be tuned in and all sort of predictions used to take place.

Maybe it is because we are all used to how mediocre England are but I've noticed that the same flair and buzz has gone. I couldn't care less about the world cup anymore. The only teams i really follow are ones where our lads play in.

How is it for you guys?

Years ago World Cups used to great.
For a start the only live games you got back in the day were the FA Cup Final, the European Cup Final and the Home Internationals so to have 2 live games a day for a month was like being in football heaven.
Back then as well every country had their own distinctive style of play, the international game these days though is chockablock with teams who are hard working, disciplined, well organised and boring as f[v]ck to watch. It's almost as if 90% of the teams in the tournament have been coached by the same person.
Then there's the players, years ago it was exciting to watch players that you'd only ever read about in the papers but there are no surprises these days, because all the top players play in Europe we've all seen them play 1000 times before.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:49 pm

redshade » Thu May 31, 2018 7:50 pm wrote:I remember when i was younger the world cup used to bring soo much excitement. I used to follow matches and enjoy the KO stages. At school everyone used to be tuned in and all sort of predictions used to take place.

How is it for you guys?

Just can't stand watching that RUNT Sterling, also not inspired by the rest of the squad.

Years gone by tried to catch every England game but this time around I'm just not interested.

Might watch Egypt if Mo is playing but that's about it.   :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:41 pm

woof woof ! » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:49 pm wrote:
redshade » Thu May 31, 2018 7:50 pm wrote:I remember when i was younger the world cup used to bring soo much excitement. I used to follow matches and enjoy the KO stages. At school everyone used to be tuned in and all sort of predictions used to take place.

How is it for you guys?

Just can't stand watching that RUNT Sterling, also not inspired by the rest of the squad.

Years gone by tried to catch every England game but this time around I'm just not interested.

Yeah must admit it's hard to get behind a team largely made up of City, Spurs and United players.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby laza » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:59 am

Definitely not excited as I use to be

Will cheer on Socceroos less out of national pride and more out of perverse attraction to underdog
Same goes for home of my ancestors England

However with time zone difference for me to Russia plus Paraguay didn't make it so Larissa Riquelme wont bouncing around in the stands.

Has left me pretty deflated about whole thing really  :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:04 am

Since 1986 I’ve cheered for Uruguay in the World Cup (Rep of Ireland usually don’t qualify. Tiny country that produces great players .

Germany seem like the team to beat with France, Spain and Brazil the ones likely to challenge.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:10 am

Usually watch the evening game and then the highlights of what I missed. Always try and see the big teams if I can like Germany, Brazil, Argentina and Spain.

I also see no one is giving the host nation a chance  :D
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:15 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:23 pm

Not as bothered about the WC this year, possibly a reaction to it being hosted in the home country of a monster raving lunatic.
On a footballing front, mush as I despise the French (home of that infamous cheatin' git Henry), if they finally gel as a team, they have enough strength in depth and quality to get right to the end. Hope they bottle it at the last hurdle though :D
(That's for you, Henry !)
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Big Niall » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:50 am

Difficult to look past the big boys of Germany,Brazil ,France and Spain.  I’ll be cheating for Uruguay and think they may reach the quarters.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:41 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:41 pm wrote:
woof woof ! » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:49 pm wrote:

How is it for you guys?

Yeah must admit it's hard to get behind a team largely made up of City, Spurs and United players.

Yeah I have to agree with you, not excited about this WC, dont rate Southgate at all and fed with all the hype that surrounds England and they will probably struggle to get out of the group.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:57 am

Ignore this little guy at your peril France!

" Cahill is seeking to emulate Pele, Uwe Seeler and Miroslav Klose and become just the fourth player in history to score at four World Cups"

https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/w ... 1528959322
killerp

Postby laza » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:44 pm

killerp » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:57 pm wrote:Ignore this little guy at your peril France!

" Cahill is seeking to emulate Pele, Uwe Seeler and Miroslav Klose and become just the fourth player in history to score at four World Cups"

https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/w ... 1528959322

:buttrock
Great to see its going to be on at reasonable time here in the West, I thought the time difference were going to be ***** for watching the matches
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:57 pm

I guess Putin might hold off invading a neighbouring country, for tonight anyway....after that result.
How dogshyte were the Saudis though. They'll be sweeping sand off the highways when they get home.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby redshade » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:05 pm

Good and easy start for the hosts.

That shot from outside of the foot was a good finish.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Next

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion