Transfers 2018/2019 In and Out

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redshade » Tue May 29, 2018 5:17 am

Seems like i created the previous thread few months ago, how time flies.

[IN]

Naby Keita--------Leipzig-£54m

Fabinho-----------Monaco--£40.5m

Xherdan Shaqiri---Stoke--£13.23m

Alisson Beker----Roma---£56.25

[TOTAL £163.98m]

[OUT]

Yan Dhanda-----Swansea---£0

Emre Can-------End of Contract

Jon Flanaghan--End of Contract

Danny Ward-----Leicester----£12.6m

Ragnar Klavan---Cagliari---£2m

Solanke----------Bournemouth £19

[TOTAL- £33.6m]

[LOANEES]

Ovie Ejaria------Rangers
Adam Bogdan------Hibernian
Harry Wilson-----Derby
Ryan Kent--------Rangers
Ben Woodburn-----Sheffield Utd
Danny Ings-------Southampton
Marko Grujic-----Hertha Berlin
Connor Randall---Rochdale
Loris Karius-----Besiktas
Sheyi Ojo--------Stade de Reims
Nat Clyne--------Bournemouth

NET

((-£130.38m))
Last edited by redshade on Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:35 pm, edited 18 times in total.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 29, 2018 7:47 am

The papers are saying this Fabinho fella is Emre's replacement.
We've made 2 quality signings so far, if we can get Fekir over the line and a top keeper it will have been a great summer.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Tue May 29, 2018 8:08 am

I read somewhere that Klopp had a 200 million transfer budget.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue May 29, 2018 8:11 am

Should be a decent window this, we all know the transformation that is required, and areas that need improvement.

Klopp also needs to determine who needs shipping out.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Tue May 29, 2018 8:29 am

We should have plenty money there from the premier league, our champions league run and Coutinho. Hopefully we flex our muscle a bit this summer.

Delighted with quick the Fabinho transfer happened. That's what I want to see.

Our transfer business since Klopp arrived has generally been really good. Every player he's brought in has improved the side. Fair play to him.
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue May 29, 2018 2:19 pm

I'm expecting our transfers to be done before the world cup starts and Fekir (who scored for France last night) is sorting out his future this week.

Klopp said In an interview it will be Keita coming in plus a "couple more" .

I'm hoping this will be the next signing to be announced, hopefully next week for around 60m mark!?

Then we really can hope to challenge on all fronts next season.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Tue May 29, 2018 4:22 pm

The way Klopp plays we don't really need a natural out and out striker. We need attackers in the mold of Mane/ Salah and Firmino. Ings and Solanke will never cut it and Studge is finished. So for those positions we've got 0 cover and all it will take is 1 injury to screw up our attack.
We will definitely need a quality/quick attacker who can bang them in aswel.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 29, 2018 6:21 pm

It's tough to find a striker who's good enough to do a job when called upon but at the same time is prepared to sit on the bench for long periods. One thing's for certain though Ings and Solanke aren't the answer.
I've said this before but I'd get Origi back, I know he's had a tough time out on loan but he was having a bad time before we originally signed him but that didnt stop him from doing a decent job for us. He was even keeping Sturridge out the side at one point.
Divock has the power, size and pace to play anywhere across the front 3, he's not a world beater but I think he'd be more effective and more suited to our high octane style than either Ings or Solanke.
Our priority should be strengthening the starting XI, that means a top class keeper (Allison/Oblak) and a top class AM (Fekir), Origi can do that back up job.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby electrum » Tue May 29, 2018 8:26 pm

I agree that its tough to find a striker that suits ...but Origi is not the answer - we need an upgrade.
Just to put it in perspective would Madrid have been bothered if Origi came on instead of Lallana?
If we are set to dine at the top table from here on in we need the livery that goes with it.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby redshade » Tue May 29, 2018 11:29 pm

Potentially we could be looking at a midd and att like this

Keita    Fabinho

Fekir

Salah           Mane

Firmino

That would be awesome a complete overhaul in the middle. Many positive attributes from the new additions.

I feel we could compete for the title next season even though i still feel City will win it again.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue May 29, 2018 11:34 pm

I personally believe Klopp should be promoting some of the youths to the first team squad, esp during the summer to bed them into the wider team. They could almost be like a new signing. Surely he's got to take a punt on the young lads, some of whom have been outstanding last year
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Reg » Wed May 30, 2018 5:49 am

I was under the impression the window opens on 1st July... turns out I was wrong:

Premier League clubs in England voted to end the summer window on the Thursday before the start of the season - on August 9 in 2018, instead of August 31. Because FIFA demands the window must be open for 12 weeks, the window will open around May 17, shortly after the final games of the season on May 13. Clubs will be able to sell players until August 31 but not buy replacements after the deadline of August 9.

Although, in England, transfers between clubs in the same league can take place as soon as the last competitive fixtures for the season have been played, many transfers will not be completed until 1 July because many players' contracts expire on 30 June. International transfers into the English leagues (including the Premier League) cannot be made until the window has opened on 17 May.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Wed May 30, 2018 10:25 am

bunglemark2 » Tue May 29, 2018 10:34 pm wrote:I personally believe Klopp should be promoting some of the youths to the first team squad, esp during the summer to bed them into the wider team. They could almost be like a new signing. Surely he's got to take a punt on the young lads, some of whom have been outstanding last year

Like who? And who would they get game time ahead of?
Eagle

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed May 30, 2018 4:53 pm

bunglemark2 » Tue May 29, 2018 11:34 pm wrote:I personally believe Klopp should be promoting some of the youths to the first team squad, esp during the summer to bed them into the wider team. They could almost be like a new signing. Surely he's got to take a punt on the young lads, some of whom have been outstanding last year

That is just ridiculous
:D
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Wed May 30, 2018 5:32 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Wed May 30, 2018 3:53 pm wrote:
bunglemark2 » Tue May 29, 2018 11:34 pm wrote:I personally believe Klopp should be promoting some of the youths to the first team squad, esp during the summer to bed them into the wider team. They could almost be like a new signing. Surely he's got to take a punt on the young lads, some of whom have been outstanding last year

That is just ridiculous
:D

It's not ridiculous to have some young players training full time with the first team squad if it's right for their development and we already do it. So Brewster for example is in that category and he could conceivably get minutes in the cups. But we certainly won't be "taking a punt" on any young players.
Eagle

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion