CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL 2018  LIVERPOOL V REAL MADRID

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 30, 2018 10:06 am

You don't have to go back years to see incidents of our own players roughing the opposition up, Daniel Agger was lauded by our fans when he shoved his forearm into Torres's face in Torres's first game against us for Chelsea, our fans were made up when big Soto went through Fellaini in the derby (a challenge btw that saw Fellaini out the game for 6 months), Flanno was similarly lauded when he went through Raheem when Raheem returned to Anfield with City.
Hell, Luis Suarez was adored by our fans and he actually latched onto Ivanovic's arm with his teeth like a rabid fr[igg]ing pit-bull!
If Suarez was 27 again though and wanted to come back every single Liverpool fan would be begging and imploring the club to bring him back. That's the hypocrisy of all this.
The truth is we couldn't care less about foul play or dirty players, we only give a f[vc]k when we are on the wrong end of it, that's when we start clutching our pearls.
If our fans would have boo'ed our own players in those instances and launched petitions to get them banned we might have a leg to stand on.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Wed May 30, 2018 6:56 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 30, 2018 9:06 am wrote:You don't have to go back years to see incidents of our own players roughing the opposition up, Daniel Agger was lauded by our fans when he shoved his forearm into Torres's face in Torres's first game against us for Chelsea, our fans were made up when big Soto went through Fellaini in the derby (a challenge btw that saw Fellaini out the game for 6 months), Flanno was similarly lauded when he went through Raheem when Raheem returned to Anfield with City.
Hell, Luis Suarez was adored by our fans and he actually latched onto Ivanovic's arm with his teeth like a rabid fr[igg]ing pit-bull!
If Suarez was 27 again though and wanted to come back every single Liverpool fan would be begging and imploring the club to bring him back. That's the hypocrisy of all this.
The truth is we couldn't care less about foul play or dirty players, we only give a f[vc]k when we are on the wrong end of it, that's when we start clutching our pearls.
If our fans would have boo'ed our own players in those instances and launched petitions to get them banned we might have a leg to stand on.

Fair enough, but when Soto took out Fellaini and Flanno took out Sterling, their supporters complained as it their right to do. They did not roll with the punches and say " that's what defenders do". The fatwa is ridiculous really, but the anger at that dirty b@stard and blaming it for our loss is justified whether correct or not. Just my opinion.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed May 30, 2018 8:26 pm

Yeah ,I've read all the posts and I still feel he should at least lose a vital limb as a form of penance ,must be that victim mentality rival fans like to accuse us of raring its ugly head once more or as Yakka says clutching our pearls  :oops: so with that said ......................f*ck you Yakka!
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:23 am

Saw a lad in his thirties walking through the centre of Singapore today proudly wearing his Liverpool shirt.

I thought to myself 'Good lad'.  Time to move on.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:05 pm

Reg » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:23 am wrote:Saw a lad in his thirties walking through the centre of Singapore today proudly wearing his Liverpool shirt.

I thought to myself 'Good lad'.  Time to move on.

:D Subtle diplomacy Reg ?
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games