CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL 2018  LIVERPOOL V REAL MADRID

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby parchpea » Wed May 23, 2018 8:36 pm

Im doing a BBQ for the final my old flag draped in front of TV. My brother and mates who stood on the Kop, my parents who took us gathered for the game.

When we won in 2005 we jumped around that much my fireplace came away from the wall and smashed  :Oo:

Im old enough to remember watching the 81 final, terrible game and out of nothing Kennedy smashed one in top corner. A game that was polar opposite to Istanbul, then the drama of 84 beating Roma on their own pitch.

I vaguely recall 78 but not clearly.

Pubs round here will have too many wanting a Madrid win so can’t deal with that, if you cant go being at home with friends and family next best imo.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Thu May 24, 2018 12:25 pm

Just heard that of RM's 16,600 tickets they had a ballot of the 24,000 season ticket holders and half of those that won didn't want the tickets so RM have handed back 2,800 unsold tickets to UEFA! Apparently the black market is crumbling, I have 4 mates from Hong Kong going over, all with RM tickets. Already hearing that thousands of Scousers are on the march across Europe without tickets.

Go for it lads!   :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Thu May 24, 2018 3:07 pm

We've got 16,000 tickets yes, but I will guarantee there will be at least 25,000 lfc fans in the stadium. They always find a way to get the tickets, and there will be a sea of Red flags.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Thu May 24, 2018 8:58 pm

What i find odd is how a big portion of tickets goes to pointless people.

Well anyhow lads not long to go can't bloody wait for this. Just under couple of days to go the lads have arrived at Kiev.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Fri May 25, 2018 7:18 am

Mispost
Last edited by Reg on Fri May 25, 2018 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri May 25, 2018 9:17 am

http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Franky000 » Fri May 25, 2018 11:51 am

I had a dream that we won 1-0, with Mamadou sakho scoring a penalty  :Oo:
Franky000

Postby supersub » Fri May 25, 2018 1:07 pm

I'm not going...… with a heavy heart I gave my ticket away … I can't justify the extortionate amount of money it would cost ….I'm gutted .. every European cup final for 40 years....spent the last week reminiscing with friends, looking at a few old photos (not many people had a cameras) and wishing them all the best as they set off on various different routes.....they still think I'm going to appear whilst they are enjoying the delights of Kiev but it ain't happening...good luck and safe journey to one and all
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Fri May 25, 2018 1:08 pm

Ukrainian police confirm injuries and arrests after LFC fans attacked in Kiev

Lpool Echo
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri May 25, 2018 1:17 pm

Our players need to be smart tomorrow, Madrid are masters at flopping on the floor, buying penalties, buying free kicks, pressurising referee's into booking or sending off opposition players etc etc
If one of our lads picks up a yellow you can be sure that the next foul he makes Madrid players will be surrounding the ref demanding a red. That will continue for the rest of the game. If one of our players leaves a leg dangling in the box you can bet your bottom dollar that someone will tumble over it as well.
I could barely watch the Madrid v Juventus QF because of the gamesmanship, the stakes don't come much higher than a CL final so all the old tricks will be out.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby metalhead » Fri May 25, 2018 1:51 pm

supersub » Fri May 25, 2018 12:07 pm wrote:I'm not going...… with a heavy heart I gave my ticket away … I can't justify the extortionate amount of money it would cost ….I'm gutted .. every European cup final for 40 years....spent the last week reminiscing with friends, looking at a few old photos (not many people had a cameras) and wishing them all the best as they set off on various different routes.....they still think I'm going to appear whilst they are enjoying the delights of Kiev but it ain't happening...good luck and safe journey to one and all

That really sucks mate!!! :(
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Fri May 25, 2018 1:53 pm

COME ON!!!!!!!!!!

LET"S GET NUMBER 6 BACK HOME!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Fri May 25, 2018 6:29 pm

Appreciate our fans will literally try everything to get to these games but the obstacles this time have been ridiculous, beyond what any fan should have to contend with.

Madrid fans gave tickets back and in a way you can understand it, despite incredible effort and financial commitments some  of our most loyal fans will still be watching at home on the telly. Time and money wasted.

If there is such thing as a football God then I reckon we deserve to bring that cup home, we built this team without throwing monumental sums of money at it and play with a spirit and bravery that belies the underdog.

Liverpool 4 Real Madrid 2  :;):
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri May 25, 2018 8:42 pm

parchpea » Fri May 25, 2018 5:29 pm wrote:Appreciate our fans will literally try everything to get to these games but the obstacles this time have been ridiculous, beyond what any fan should have to contend with.

Madrid fans gave tickets back and in a way you can understand it, despite incredible effort and financial commitments some  of our most loyal fans will still be watching at home on the telly. Time and money wasted.

If there is such thing as a football God then I reckon we deserve to bring that cup home, we built this team without throwing monumental sums of money at it and play with a spirit and bravery that belies the underdog.

Liverpool 4 Real Madrid 2  :;):

Apparently about 500-1000 of our fans with tickets won't be able to make it either, they have got no way of getting there, it has been nothing short of shambolic, hotels have cancelled bookings without explanation, flights have been cancelled, the fans of both clubs have been absolutely rinsed.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Fri May 25, 2018 9:08 pm

It is a shame for fans who have spent ludicrous amounts and still not get there.

Anyhow i really hope we are on our "A game" tomorrow. Less thab 24 hours to go i can't wait for this.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games