Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 22, 2018 11:53 am

Personally I'd rather see us prioritise quality over quantity, I'd rather see us just sign 2 or 3 top players than 1 top player and 4 or 5 bench warmers.
Even if we just added Fekir and Dembele (to Keita) that would make us significantly stronger for next season, don't forget we'll have the likes of Chamberlain, Matip, Gomez, Lallana etc etc all back by then and Woodburn will turn 19 early next season as well, it's easy to forget about him but he is one of the best young prospects in British football, he's already a hero for Wales, the Welsh see him as their next Gareth Bale type go-to man/talisman.
If we get Dembele (or Pulisic) that would allow us to rotate our forward line, Mane could fill in for Firmino, he played as an out and out CF for Southampton at times and did a good job.
When everyone is fit we have actually got a decent sized squad so I don't really see the point in signing more bench fodder. It's quality we lack not numbers.

Karius

Trent.                          VVD.               Matip/Lovren/Gomez         Robertson

Keita.                    Henderson

Fekir

Salah.                                                        Dembele/Mane

Firmino/Mane

I really like the look of that side, Hendo is at his best when he just fetches and carries for better players around him and playing in a midfield alongside Keita and Fekir will bring the best out of him.
We are talking about bringing in Tarkowski or Lascelles when Joe Gomez is already ahead of them in the England pecking order, don't forget Joe got man of the match playing as a CB against Brazil and got his current injury playing as a CB against Germany, if he wasn't injured he'd deffo be going to the WC.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed May 23, 2018 6:29 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 22, 2018 12:53 pm wrote:Personally I'd rather see us prioritise quality over quantity, I'd rather see us just sign 2 or 3 top players than 1 top player and 4 or 5 bench warmers.
Even if we just added Fekir and Dembele (to Keita) that would make us significantly stronger for next season, don't forget we'll have the likes of Chamberlain, Matip, Gomez, Lallana etc etc all back by then and Woodburn will turn 19 early next season as well, it's easy to forget about him but he is one of the best young prospects in British football, he's already a hero for Wales, the Welsh see him as their next Gareth Bale type go-to man/talisman.
If we get Dembele (or Pulisic) that would allow us to rotate our forward line, Mane could fill in for Firmino, he played as an out and out CF for Southampton at times and did a good job.
When everyone is fit we have actually got a decent sized squad so I don't really see the point in signing more bench fodder. It's quality we lack not numbers.

Karius

Trent.                          VVD.               Matip/Lovren/Gomez         Robertson

Fekir

Firmino/Mane

I really like the look of that side, Hendo is at his best when he just fetches and carries for better players around him and playing in a midfield alongside Keita and Fekir will bring the best out of him.
We are talking about bringing in Tarkowski or Lascelles when Joe Gomez is already ahead of them in the England pecking order, don't forget Joe got man of the match playing as a CB against Brazil and got his current injury playing as a CB against Germany, if he wasn't injured he'd deffo be going to the WC.

You are right yakka, I don't understand these links to Tarkowski or Lacelles, we already have enough of those. Probably we're looking to find another Robertson but how often does that happen? If we're not improving the quality of a certain position then I say don't bother buying at all. I'd rather have one Fekir than three Lascelles, Tarkowski, Ceballos etc.

As for Fekir, he'd be a great signing for us. He can play on any of the 3 forward positions, so we could rest easy when someone gets injured. I wouldn't play him in midfield though. I like the midfield as it is at the moment, looks far more balanced than when Coutinho was here and I wouldn't want to disrupt that.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Wed May 23, 2018 7:40 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 22, 2018 10:53 am wrote:Personally I'd rather see us prioritise quality over quantity, I'd rather see us just sign 2 or 3 top players than 1 top player and 4 or 5 bench warmers.

Karius

Fekir

Firmino/Mane

I don't agree...Gomez isn't in the level we need..Lascelles would be a good addition but other options should be considered..Matip is injury prone and Lovern is Lovern..I would release both Lovern and Gomez for Solid CB and another young prospect..
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed May 23, 2018 7:43 pm

Fekir could be the missing piece of the jigsaw. He has great dribbling ability and can score goals also. The Midfield is the key area that needs sorting in terms of quality.

Even if Can leaves we will still have wjnaldum, Lallana, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Hendo, milner etc for rotational purposes, and Fekir can deputise for our front three also  if any injuries.

Our front three are sorted really, and we have a few options in defence as well with cover in all positions (other than moreno) , but I think Klopp will go for attacking midfielders rather than strikers as back up.

Jorginho doesn't fit that bill as he sits deeper and plays assists to the strikers, a good link man, but not a goal scorer. There is a few question marks over Lemar and his price tag etc. Fekir at 60m is very good business if we can get the deal done,  indeed :nod
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Thu May 24, 2018 2:06 pm

Mannure close to signing Fred. I have not really seen him play wonder if he is any good.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby metalhead » Fri May 25, 2018 1:54 pm

Fekir, Alisson, Lascelles, another winger and a CDM then we are all set to winning the league next season  :nod
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Fri May 25, 2018 10:43 pm

metalhead » Fri May 25, 2018 1:54 pm wrote:Fekir, Alisson, Lascelles, another winger and a CDM then we are all set to winning the league next season  :nod

Agreed :buttrock
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Sat May 26, 2018 8:07 am

redshade » Thu May 24, 2018 1:06 pm wrote:Mannure close to signing Fred. I have not really seen him play wonder if he is any good.

Put in a decent performance against City IRRC. Seems the Fernandinho type from what I remember. His numbers suggest the same as well
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby leeroy74 » Sat May 26, 2018 9:58 pm

Goal keeper... Burton Albion reserve keeper will improve us... Should be around 45k to get him
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun May 27, 2018 6:10 pm

I've a feeling Nabil Fekir was all for signing after the CL final.. but after actually watching the game he appears to have cold feet on the transfer. I think now he's gonna keep his options open and hope to attract the big clubs by having a good world cup campaign.

I've got a bad feeling about this summer.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun May 27, 2018 6:18 pm

We will attract good players I'm sure but questions remain if we will get our 1st targets.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun May 27, 2018 7:40 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sun May 27, 2018 5:10 pm wrote:I've a feeling Nabil Fekir was all for signing after the CL final.. but after actually watching the game he appears to have cold feet on the transfer. I think now he's gonna keep his options open and hope to attract the big clubs by having a good world cup campaign.

If that's the case then he's not the player we need around Anfield.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sun May 27, 2018 8:05 pm

Don't think yesterday will have any bearing on Fekir's thinking to be honest. Any player at the world cup will bide his time imo. Fekir goes there and has a good tournament, suddenly he may have more of a clamour for his signature which means more money and maybe a club higher up in the pecking order for him. If not, he has a move to us. That's the way it is nowadays
Doeboy

Postby Reg » Mon May 28, 2018 8:36 am

UvS xR4GEx » Mon May 28, 2018 1:10 am wrote:I've a feeling Nabil Fekir was all for signing after the CL final.. but after actually watching the game he appears to have cold feet on the transfer. I think now he's gonna keep his options open and hope to attract the big clubs by having a good world cup campaign.

Try curling up in the foetal position and suck your thumb until your inner fears and insecurities pass.

It's a football forum this not the shrinks couch.  :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon May 28, 2018 11:39 am

Reg » Mon May 28, 2018 8:36 am wrote:
UvS xR4GEx » Mon May 28, 2018 1:10 am wrote:I've a feeling Nabil Fekir was all for signing after the CL final.. but after actually watching the game he appears to have cold feet on the transfer. I think now he's gonna keep his options open and hope to attract the big clubs by having a good world cup campaign.

Try curling up in the foetal position and suck your thumb until your inner fears and insecurities pass.

It's a football forum this not the shrinks couch.  :laugh:

I can see the future Reg and it's not a place any of us want to live in. We lose Salah to Madrid, Henderson remains captain for the next 4 years, Fekir signs for United and they go on to win the league.. Klopp resigns and we replace him with Allardyce and we sign Kevin Davies and Kevin Nolan.

How can I be positive when I know what's going to happen?
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill