Should the club get involved?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat May 12, 2018 8:46 pm

Ive seen many, many posts on social media from supporters who are upset/disappointed/frustrated/angry at not being able to get a ticket for the CL final in Kiev? Many comments are about Eufa being incompetent, ignorant and greedy, but quite a few are about LFC and the way they have distributed their small allocation and apparently not said anything about the huge amount of fans who will not be able to go due to lack of tickets.
Should the club do something about the amount of tickets they get from eufa, or just accept that it is what it is, and tell the supporters to stop moaning and suck it up?
???
Thommo's perm

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat May 12, 2018 9:05 pm

Real Madrid get the same allocation as us I believe, 16,000. So should their club get involved and start moaning like a b*tch also!??

I think it was the same in Istanbul, we got a shyte allocation, but our fans still managed to find tickets and fill the stadium.

It's the same every season, Uefa allocate tickets to every man and his dog, except the clubs playing in the final, and I doubt we can do much about it. Allocation of 16,000, but we have over 30,000 season ticket holders, so thousands are going to miss out.

A lot will be doing what people like us are doing, going down to the local, with a beer and watching on the big screen. Save a fortune in ££££ also, because those going to the final, will get ripped off big time for flights, accommodation and tickets etc etc.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat May 12, 2018 9:35 pm

A long winded way of saying he club shouldnt get involved then.
Thanks
:;):
Thommo's perm

Postby metalhead » Mon May 14, 2018 2:46 pm

even if they did get involved, there is nothing much to be done because they can't do anything and it's out of their hands

It's how it is, as unfortunate as it is.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon May 14, 2018 2:55 pm

The answer of course is to hold it in bigger stadiums however next year's final will be the the new Atletico Madrid stadium (as yet unfinished) with a capacity of 67,000.....
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon May 14, 2018 4:24 pm

Reg » Mon May 14, 2018 1:55 pm wrote:The answer of course is to hold it in bigger stadiums however next year's final will be the the new Atletico Madrid stadium (as yet unfinished) with a capacity of 67,000.....

Looked pretty finished when they beat Arsenal a couple weeks ago  :D
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon May 14, 2018 4:30 pm

It's sadly part and parcel of the CL. 

I was fortunate enough to go to last year's final in Cardiff as a sponsor's guest and was shocked at the number of people who didn't really seem to care for football.

Was chatting to a guy in hospitality before the match, only for him to say "I don't really like or understand football, I don't even really know why I'm here"   :suspect:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed May 16, 2018 3:25 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Sat May 12, 2018 8:05 pm wrote:Real Madrid get the same allocation as us I believe, 16,000. So should their club get involved and start moaning like a b*tch also!??

I think it was the same in Istanbul, we got a shyte allocation, but our fans still managed to find tickets and fill the stadium.

It's the same every season, Uefa allocate tickets to every man and his dog, except the clubs playing in the final, and I doubt we can do much about it. Allocation of 16,000, but we have over 30,000 season ticket holders, so thousands are going to miss out.

A lot will be doing what people like us are doing, going down to the local, with a beer and watching on the big screen. Save a fortune in ££££ also, because those going to the final, will get ripped off big time for flights, accommodation and tickets etc etc.

What a tragic post. The stadium in Kiev has a capacity of 70k. 16k each goes to fans of both clubs leaving another 38k. And who are they for? Fans? Noobs? Corporate boot lickers who know f all about Football?

UEFA should accommodate to the fans to create a better atmosphere. It's a football game, not a guided overseas or museum trip.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Eagle » Wed May 16, 2018 9:02 pm

16000 each in a 70000 stadium is pretty pathetic but it's been like this for years so nothing new. 25000 each would still allow 20000 for corporates.
Eagle

Postby leeroy74 » Thu May 17, 2018 11:13 pm

Like when you go to the grand national and see 1000’s of people that know feck all about horses. Most of which are unawre the race has finished.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun May 20, 2018 10:59 am

So we've established that the club doesnt get involved, but should it?
???
Thommo's perm

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion