Does anyone feel sorry for Wenger?

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:14 pm

redshade » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:16 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:26 pm wrote:Wenger transformed that club, before him they were the most boring team in the division, even when they had success under the likes of George Graham and Bertie Mee they were painful to watch.
Terry Neill, Don Howe.....put years on you.

I enjoyed watching them when Wenger had his peak team. It was good to see another team take off titles from mannure.

His invincibles team was very good.

Yeah you make a very good point mate, in that period from the mid 90's to the early 2000's when Ferguson and United were right in their pomp Wenger was the only manager to offer up any sort of meaningful challenge on a consistent basis.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:50 pm

With the fans boycotting games it was only a matter of time before they pulled the plug.  Arsenal have a lot to thank him for but in the end they made the right decision because they aren't getting any better as a team.

Has he taken a job upstairs or completely finished ?.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:20 pm

red till i die!! » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:50 pm wrote:With the fans boycotting games it was only a matter of time before they pulled the plug.  Arsenal have a lot to thank him for but in the end they made the right decision because they aren't getting any better as a team.

According to some fella on Arsenal fan tv it's a clean break (how reliable he is though is anyone's guess!)
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:27 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:20 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:50 pm wrote:With the fans boycotting games it was only a matter of time before they pulled the plug.  Arsenal have a lot to thank him for but in the end they made the right decision because they aren't getting any better as a team.

According to some fella on Arsenal fan tv it's a clean break (how reliable he is though is anyone's guess!)

I would say he wasn't happy at all about it. A clean break would suggest that.

Seen Ancelloti on SSN earlier so he more than likely has a hat in the ring.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:54 pm

red till i die!! » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:27 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:20 pm wrote:

I would say he wasn't happy at all about it. A clean break would suggest that.

Seen Ancelloti on SSN earlier so he more than likely has a hat in the ring.

Just read that according to Gazidis any possible future role for Wenger is yet to be determined, the club are probably waiting to see what the new manager wants, the new man may not want Wenger hanging around in the background.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:04 pm

Guess who's the bookies favourite for the job  :laugh:

“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:25 am

7_Kewell » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:04 pm wrote:Guess who's the bookies favourite for the job  :laugh:

Won't be surprised. Rodgers' teams play entertaining attacking football... Wenger transformed arsenal into a dynamic entertaining attacking team. The DNA seems similar... and the joke might just be on us if we hadn't had Klopp...

Still remember the 5-1 demolition job we did on them, when they were coming into the game undefeated (or on a winning streak or something) then they were down 4-0 after 16 mins...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:30 am

All things come to a natural conclusion and the Wenger /Arsenal relationship has arrived at that point.

No doubt he'll sit at home crying his eyes out as he counts his millions.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:45 am

:D :D
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:27 pm

Nope. He should have walked a couple of years ago when the fans started turning against him. Thought he knew better. Don't get me wrong, he masterminded some great footie and I respect the guy, but when the fans want you out you need to walk. Now his reputation is tarnished
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:40 pm

I think Wenger needed the move more than Arsenal ,he will in the foreseeable be reinvigorated and ready for a new challenge at a new club ,my moneys on Monaco  :;):
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:11 pm

bunglemark2 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:27 pm wrote:Nope. He should have walked a couple of years ago when the fans started turning against him. Thought he knew better. Don't get me wrong, he masterminded some great footie and I respect the guy, but when the fans want you out you need to walk. Now his reputation is tarnished

:nod

The fella should have left two or three seasons ago (at least)  .

Not sure if I feel sorry for him, just as he's been rightly lauded for what he did for Arsenal in years gone by he's also just as much responsible for where they are now.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Premiership - General Discussion