Trent Alexander-Arnold official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:18 am

Ghost of Shankly » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:21 am wrote:
kazza » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:57 am wrote:
Ghost of Shankly » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:21 pm wrote:Too early for him, this City match. I would play Milner in the right back position. He's not much pace, but has experience, and can stop Sane with some decent tackling

Sorry but you don't beat pace by tackling, you beat pace with pace. Milner at RB would be a disaster!

Your Solution..........?  ???

Errr, pace!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:25 am

maguskwt » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:31 pm wrote:
kazza » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:57 am wrote:
Ghost of Shankly » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:21 pm wrote:Too early for him, this City match. I would play Milner in the right back position. He's not much pace, but has experience, and can stop Sane with some decent tackling

Sorry but you don't beat pace by tackling, you beat pace with pace. Milner at RB would be a disaster!

Don't underestimate tackling and experience in defending mate... there was a time during the 90's when the german national team was known to be top notch at tackling and defence... and they weren't necessarily spring chickens... The experienced defenders are most of the time better than young defenders even though they have lost a yard or two in pace...
Having seen TAA skinned alive in two consecutive matches by Rashford and Zaha (who is not even a top top player) I myself will be tempted to go with the old experience heads like Milner...

I think Sane is a very quick player but also a clever player, unlike Rashford or Zaha. I think Milner would have struggled against him but we will never know now. As it happened we needed Milner in the middle and TAA played out of his skin and was the deserved MOM.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:16 am

Credit where it's due, the lad was outstanding last night   :buttrock

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:17 am

I will take my hat off to the kid for his man of the match display last night.
At last he is showing some of the potential that we all agree that he has.
:buttrock
Thommo's perm

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:29 am

That was some performance from the 19 year old. Considering the criticism he's had after the performances against Rashford & Zaha that takes some doing from a 19 year old. The kid showed mentality of steel. That would take some doing in an atmosphere like that where stakes are high. 50% of Citeh's attacks came down the left, they clearly had earmarked Sane to do a job on TAA, but it was TAA who did the job on Sane. Fantastic, made up for the lad.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:11 pm

Glad for TAA!  :buttrock
What a game to have this kind of performance!
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:19 pm

Was solid as a rock. Need another big performance on Tuesday.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:50 pm

Unbelievable performance practically faultless and credit to Lovren for covering whenever the drop of the ball evaded him ,something Matip failed to do against Palace.I said in an earlier post that Palace had done young Trent a huge favor in exposing his naivety and that the manager would take him to one side and remind the kid of how good he can become ,absolutely brilliant display and for such a young kid facing that level of opposition it borders on phenomenal.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:30 pm

There were occasions where Trent was leaving Sane acres of space on his side, whether that was because Lovren was pushed so far over Trent had to cover a gap or if it was a plan to invite City to pass to him I have no idea. What I do know is that whenever the ball made it's way to Sane it was dealt with, whether by Trent or by someone covering. Top class all round and huge credit to him at a young age to go into that.
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby parchpea » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:32 pm

City never stopped down Arnolds side, literally every ball to Sane almost as if Guardiola didn’t want to be proven wrong. They definitely targeted that as our weak point and carried it out endlessly to the point of failure.

I suspect Pep will go with it again at the Etihad so another test for TAA, managers are stubborn, big ego.

He was terrific, and when he was overladed the team covered it which is important, all full backs need support.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:36 pm

parchpea » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:32 pm wrote:City never stopped down Arnolds side, literally every ball to Sane almost as if Guardiola didn’t want to be proven wrong. They definitely targeted that as our weak point and carried it out endlessly to the point of failure.

I suspect Pep will go with it again at the Etihad so another test for TAA, managers are stubborn, big ego.

He was terrific, and when he was overladed the team covered it which is important, all full backs need support.

TAA played really well...even when Sane went wide and got the ball to his feet, TAA tracked him and won the ball.  Different player from the Palace game.  :buttrock
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:23 am

How good is this kid gonna be? Only 19. Wow.
Eagle

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:08 pm

His crosses into our attackers are getting far better. Do you think Clyne will get his place back next season? Maybe not.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:20 pm

Yep, Clyne should definitely start worrying. He's more sound defensively (at the moment), but Trent is miles ahead of him in an attacking sense, at just the age of 19.

Him and Chamberlain were MOM for me yesterday.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri May 11, 2018 12:37 am

Won the young player of the year award.

Think it caps off what has to be a fantastic season for the lad. He has experienced highs and lows but that will only make him stronger. Well deserved imo.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion