LORIS KARIUS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:39 pm

A run of games has done him the world of good, and he's found a bit of confidence and form.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:35 pm

I thought the lad kept us in the game yesterday,his first save from Zaha was exactly the kind of save that you expect top keepers to make after the defense had let us down and then after a carbon copy Palace approach with our defense once again undone he threw himself in where it hurt ,unfortunately it resulted in a suspect penalty ,but imo I'm  just happy he tried something in an attempt to avert the danger. I remember Cechs challenge on Baros for the infamous Garcia goal and it was exactly what top keepers do when they're left with no alternative ,they throw themselves right into the mix regardless of possible injury,Zahas foot was incredibly high and Karius risked serious injury at a time when players have Wednesdays game in mind.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:49 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:35 pm wrote:I thought the lad kept us in the game yesterday,his first save from Zaha was exactly the kind of save that you expect top keepers to make after the defense had let us down and then after a carbon copy Palace approach with our defense once again undone he threw himself in where it hurt ,unfortunately it resulted in a suspect penalty ,but imo I'm  just happy he tried something in an attempt to avert the danger. I remember Cechs challenge on Baros for the infamous Garcia goal and it was exactly what top keepers do when they're left with no alternative ,they throw themselves right into the mix regardless of possible injury,Zahas foot was incredibly high and Karius risked serious injury at a time when players have Wednesdays game in mind.

One or two pundits criticised Karius for coming off his line saying that the ball was bouncing and difficult for Zaha to control but I don't want to see my keeper standing on his line waiting to see how high the ball is going to bounce before he commits himself.
Once our back 4 is breached and someone is clean through he has got to get out and hopefully force the striker to snatch at the chance.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:58 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:49 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:35 pm wrote:I thought the lad kept us in the game yesterday,his first save from Zaha was exactly the kind of save that you expect top keepers to make after the defense had let us down and then after a carbon copy Palace approach with our defense once again undone he threw himself in where it hurt ,unfortunately it resulted in a suspect penalty ,but imo I'm  just happy he tried something in an attempt to avert the danger. I remember Cechs challenge on Baros for the infamous Garcia goal and it was exactly what top keepers do when they're left with no alternative ,they throw themselves right into the mix regardless of possible injury,Zahas foot was incredibly high and Karius risked serious injury at a time when players have Wednesdays game in mind.

One or two pundits criticised Karius for coming off his line saying that the ball was bouncing and difficult for Zaha to control but I don't want to see my keeper standing on his line waiting to see how high the ball is going to bounce before he commits himself.
Once our back 4 is breached and someone is clean through he has got to get out and hopefully force the striker to snatch at the chance.

I feel the same mate ,we all want a keeper who is willing to throw his body on the line when all else fails and Karius did exactly that yesterday.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:06 pm

Possibly one of the biggest decisions for Klopp in the summer. Stick with Karius, or spend big on a world class keeper?

Personally, I've been really impressed with Loris since he's come back into the team. He's mad some big saves and sorted out his nerves.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:19 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:06 pm wrote:Possibly one of the biggest decisions for Klopp in the summer. Stick with Karius, or spend big on a world class keeper?

Personally, I've been really impressed with Loris since he's come back into the team. He's mad some big saves and sorted out his nerves.

How realistic is it for us to sign a world class keeper? I'm sure we'll try for Alisson but we'll probably have to beat the likes of Real Madrid, PSG and Juventus to his signature. I think Karius will be our number 1 next year and we'll spend big elsewhere. And I'm ok with that as Karius' skillset suits the way Klopp wants to play.
Eagle

Postby Eagle » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:21 pm

No one really mentioned it but I love the way he came rushing towards the half way line to make that tackle against Man Utd when we we're chasing the game. If that was Ederson the pundits would have praised him for his brave and attacking goal keeping.
Eagle

Postby Klopptomaniac » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:27 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:49 pm wrote:

I know this is an insanely red tinted viewpoint but I thought the ball was gone by the time Karius took him out. Zaha had put it out of play (with a high foot I add). Karius did everything correct in minimising the space for Zaha to score, the error was taking a few extra steps and wiping him out.
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:43 pm

Karius is growing on me as well, he's athletic, quick off his line, decent with his feet and he doesn't hold onto the ball for an age either, as soon as he catches it he's looking to set us on our way again unlike Simon who would make sure the opposition defence was back and in position before he'd release it. Karius suits our style of play.
Could be famous last words this but I think the lad has done enough to be given the nod next season.
Spend our dough on CM's and forwards.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:34 pm

I was highly critical of him, but he's starting to prove his worth. I'd wait until the end of the season until I cast my judgement on him, but if he keeps up the good form I'd have no problem with keeping him as our number one for next season, as long as we spend the money we planned for a keeper on another position, instead of not spending at all.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:18 pm

Phenomenal save earlier ,at least one of the eleven was on his game.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Sun May 06, 2018 11:16 pm

Silly peno he gave away against Roma (thankfully a wrong offside decision called ) , also at fault for Roma’s third goal and his terrible parry for another , 1st leg the crossbar saved him from costing us another goal, messed up again today from hazards shot but the ball bounced just wide.

Mignolet and him are both disasters, sell both of them.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue May 08, 2018 12:41 am

He has looked vulnerable at times but we have got to expect this given his experience. Its his first season where he has had the lions share of games and in fairness it hasn't been all bad.  I wouldn't like to see us pull the plug unless its a certain improvement.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Sat May 26, 2018 10:01 pm

May as well lock this thread... He a gonna after tonight
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby mramo » Sat May 26, 2018 10:59 pm

leeroy74 » Sat May 26, 2018 10:01 pm wrote:May as well lock this thread... He a gonna after tonight

Agreed. This is Karius's last game for the reds. I doubted his ability from the day his error against Wigan in preseason, 2016.

Mignolet is as worse. These two clowns need to be sold asap.

The rest of of the team played very well.
mramo

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion