Man Utd V Liverpool Sat 10th March KO: 12:30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby killerp » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:08 am

We had 13 corners in the is game and never looked like scoring. I've seen it all before, this is exactly the type of game we will always lose to this level of organised defence with a front three hitting a brick wall without a Suarez-ish level magician in the team. Salah was well found out in that setup!.

What is our plan B? all Man U had to do was lob the ball down the pitch twice and then watch us run around like headless chickens for 90mins. Times like this I wish LFC had a Giroud type character off the bench to have a target man to put all those crosses into. You never know, one or two might go in.

Good wake up call for the next round of the Champions league. Christ I hope we don't get Juventus.
killerp

Postby algymoon » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:45 pm

The same old Sh*t chronic problems, A- Nutcase Manager, B- Sh*t goalkeeper, C- Sh*t defence despite having the most expensive CB in the World!

So much for the fluent scoring front line led by the master of Duds, they were faced with an excellent defence system physically and tactically, therefore, Salah and co were put in a pocket of the defenders, apart from Manie who was very effective and lively, there were only two players who fought for their jerseys CAN & Manie... the rest were Sh*t. the scum manager exposed the weakness in our defence the inexperienced right back and managed to score to cheap goals with the keeper never there to be seen, the lovely ponytail!
I really heat players with ponytails.

Our records this season against top teams is absolutely Sh*t, and I personally still doubt if we can finish fourth!, we still have tough games against Chelsea, Everton, and C Palace who are all capable of taking points from us easily!!

No Progress Under this Nutcase!!!!!!!!!!!
algymoon

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:50 pm

algymoon » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:45 pm wrote:The same old Sh*t chronic problems, A- Nutcase Manager, B- Sh*t goalkeeper, C- Sh*t defence despite having the most expensive CB in the World!

So much for the fluent scoring front line led by the master of Duds, they were faced with an excellent defence system physically and tactically, therefore, Salah and co were put in a pocket of the defenders, apart from Manie who was very effective and lively, there were only two players who fought for their jerseys CAN & Manie... the rest were Sh*t. the scum manager exposed the weakness in our defence the inexperienced right back and managed to score to cheap goals with the keeper never there to be seen, the lovely ponytail!
I really heat players with ponytails.

Our records this season against top teams is absolutely Sh*t, and I personally still doubt if we can finish fourth!, we still have tough games against Chelsea, Everton, and C Palace who are all capable of taking points from us easily!!

No Progress Under this Nutcase!!!!!!!!!!!

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:34 pm

We lost a game and Algymoon is back    :glare:

Gutted like everyone else to have lost this game.

We certainly weren't at our best but I am however thinking that the result is overshadowing our critic of the overall performance.

1st scum goal down to the inexperience of TAA, not gonna hammer the lad, he's deffo one for the future, BUT it's not the first time his positioning has seen us caught out, and lets be fair, Rashford's finish was class.
2nd scum goal, no real surprise that Lovren was (and repeatedly)  f*cked by a bigger dick.

Having mugged us the Scum then went into building a wall.

We can complain that "we didn't have the quality to get through it  :angry:  "

BUT, let's not forget that we had TWO solid (one a definite) penalty shouts dismissed.

That doesn't make up for the sting of the loss, but I still believe we're on the road to better things  :buttrock

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:40 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:34 pm wrote:
only me » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:59 pm wrote:We came unprepared today..Can't blame a single player although some were weaker then other,all components of the team didn't show up...I don't know what was the game plan but it didn't work..I didn't see the energy level required nor the mental focus..I thought Klopp did nothing to change the events on the ground..Oh well..hope it's a one off..

Tells us nothing!! Like most of your posts!

Do us all a favour and DO ONE!!

Tells us nothing!! Like most of your posts!

Pot , Kettle , Black !

Hey Knob Rot !

Wind your neck in before it gets stepped on   :kungfu:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ethanr » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:43 pm

What's frustrating to me about this season is that luck is constantly against us in these big games. You look at the pens against us when we played spurs, and all that weren't given yesterday. Mane sent off against city and we came unraveled (not saying it was the wrong call, it's just unfortunate). Chelsea scoring off of a cross to go level. Even when spurs mauled us- we gifted them 3 of the 4 goals from comical mistakes, and Lloris made 4 or 5 absolute world class saves, plus we hit the post 3 times if I'm remembering correctly. Over the last few years we've done very well against the top sides while leaking points against the bottom clubs. We've finally gained some consistency against the bottom sides, but have struggled against the top sides, and it's often due to misfortune during these fixtures. A couple things go our way this year, and we're well in second place. I refuse to get pessimistic after losing away to united considering everything that's gone against us this year. Normally when we have a season like this, and lose one of our best players in January- we'd end up in 7th or 8th place.

We're in 3rd place with one of the easiest remaining schedule fixtures. We've started to get the right players in to support Klopp's vision. We're in the Quarter finals in the CL for the first time near a decade. We've already got a big signing coming this summer. Our key players are young and have years left in them. We have one of, if not the best strikers and CB's in the league. Our football is more fun to watch than it's been in a long time. Our club is financially stable, and the owners have shown the willingness to invest.

Personally, I'm thrilled where we're at considering where we've been for the last 10 years.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:50 pm

ethanr » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:43 pm wrote:What's frustrating to me about this season is that luck is constantly against us in these big games. You look at the pens against us when we played spurs, and all that weren't given yesterday. Mane sent off against city and we came unraveled (not saying it was the wrong call, it's just unfortunate). Chelsea scoring off of a cross to go level. Even when spurs mauled us- we gifted them 3 of the 4 goals from comical mistakes, and Lloris made 4 or 5 absolute world class saves, plus we hit the post 3 times if I'm remembering correctly. Over the last few years we've done very well against the top sides while leaking points against the bottom clubs. We've finally gained some consistency against the bottom sides, but have struggled against the top sides, and it's often due to misfortune during these fixtures. A couple things go our way this year, and we're well in second place. I refuse to get pessimistic after losing away to united considering everything that's gone against us this year. Normally when we have a season like this, and lose one of our best players in January- we'd end up in 7th or 8th place.

We're in 3rd place with one of the easiest remaining schedule fixtures. We've started to get the right players in to support Klopp's vision. We're in the Quarter finals in the CL for the first time near a decade. We've already got a big signing coming this summer. Our key players are young and have years left in them. We have one of, if not the best strikers and CB's in the league. Our football is more fun to watch than it's been in a long time. Our club is financially stable, and the owners have shown the willingness to invest.

Personally, I'm thrilled where we're at considering where we've been for the last 10 years.

:buttrock   :buttrock   :buttrock

Mate , we just need some of your California Sunshine this side of the pond.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:15 pm

We have had some of the most strategical managers in the game and we still couldn't cope with the Wimbledon approach ,Mourinho just used those types of bullying tactics ,anti football if you like and it worked a treat ,basically if a manager is not prepared to engage in the dark side of the game in order to formulate a win of sorts then he will always be second best against Mourinho and his ilk. I think Klopp is so passionate about his teams playing beautiful football that he is blind sided by those teams and managers who are prepared to negate that at all costs.

I mean Mourinho is a manager who has tried playing the expressive football we have and it didn't work ,he clearly hasn't got the courage or the character of Klopp or Guardiola to stick to the kind of football that excites fans ,in truth anything that promotes weakness is alien to him and so he utilizes spoiling tactics ,time wasting,diving every aspect of the game that can be described as negative.

United fans deserve him,after years of being accustomed to flowing football under Taggart they now have to tip up and watch this ***** with a manager so terrified of being undone he condones a player on 350,000 a week playing as a makeshift defender. I would honestly open up a vein if I had to endure that type of repugnant football breaking out at Anfield.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:46 pm

Spot on.

Yup I've noticed Alexis looks just wasted at mannure. He would thrive under our set up but with Mannure he has been turned into a defensive player. Maureen did the same with Mikhitaryan.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:53 pm

We haven't won diddly squat yet under Klopp, so I wouldn't start singing his praises and "high fiving" just yet.
Our record versus the mancs in recent seasons is poor, even at home, and against teams who park the bus, we have no clue what to do to break them down.

I don't think we'll win the champions league this season, with our midfield personnel,either.

So unless Klopp keeps spending big, then forget winning the league anytime soon.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:02 pm

These lads sum it up well

https://youtu.be/q6dOBFiregs
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby leeroy74 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:44 pm

Man utd played the same way they played last time we played them. If klopp can't learn from it then that's his downfall. We all knew how they'd play it. Hey hoo. We pick our selves up
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:53 am

Klopp just has too much faith in individuals and when these individuals make mistakes time and time again he makes excuses for them. Over the years how many chances have Moreno, Lovren, Mignolet had? If that was Maureen all 3 would have been out of the club in his 1st year.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:22 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:53 pm wrote:We haven't won diddly squat yet under Klopp, so I wouldn't start singing his praises and "high fiving" just yet.
Our record versus the mancs in recent seasons is poor, even at home, and against teams who park the bus, we have no clue what to do to break them down.

I don't think we'll win the champions league this season, with our midfield personnel,either.

So unless Klopp keeps spending big, then forget winning the league anytime soon.

In a league dominated by money (City and United) I don't think anyone could do a better job than what Klopp has done, maybe Pep but you need money to bring him in.

Everyone focuses on winning something as if a league cup would be more important than a top 4 finish. There's 2 major trophies in England now. It's as simple as that. Would you rather be in Arsenal's position with 2 recent FA Cups or ours? I bet now Arsenal would swap.

Onto the match, I don't feel as bad as I thought I would after losing to them.  The football they currently play is absolutely horrendous and won't last in the long term so f**k em as far as I'm concerned. If one of those penalty shouts were given we'd have gotten a draw. TAAs inexperience showed and Lovren can be reliable for 89 minutes but the second he makes a mistake we always get punished for it. We played so narrow it was painful, all the build up before the match focused on using TAA and Robbo to make the pitch big, didn't happen at all. I'm in the Kop v Watford, hope to see a reaction.
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Mikz » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:56 am

Klopp just has too much faith in individuals and when these individuals make mistakes time and time again he makes excuses for them. Over the years how many chances have Moreno, Lovren, Mignolet had? If that was Maureen all 3 would have been out of the club in his 1st year.

Like Mo salah and de bryne when he was at chelsea...and we  know how they turned out
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games