MARKO GRUJIC - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:46 pm

At least he is getting game time which is something.

Not surprised at reading that stat either as this lad has unbelievable potential. He can be every bit as good as Matic if given the time.  Personally I would much rather seeing him playing here ahead of Milner and Hendo. Can is off so next season Marko and Naby could be just the combo we need.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:52 pm

Well he is about 8ft tall!
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:44 pm

Pig Catcher » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:52 pm wrote:Well he is about 8ft tall!

:D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:25 pm

I'm surprised people still keep mentioning this guy's name. The exit visas are imminent.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:30 pm

Not going great at Cardiff and disappointed really I really thought Grujic was just a wild horse that needed taming into a brillant player.

Perhaps he needs more time, maybe hes just rubbish, he’s certainly a mystery.

If he does go at least stick a good sell on clause in just incase.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:56 pm

parchpea » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:30 pm wrote:Not going great at Cardiff and disappointed really I really thought Grujic was just a wild horse that needed taming into a brillant player.

Perhaps he needs more time, maybe hes just rubbish, he’s certainly a mystery.

If he does go at least stick a good sell on clause in just incase.

I thought part of the loan deal was that he was guaranteed a high percentage of starts. Is he not getting his game? Or is he not performing? Strange, I think he has huge  potential
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:07 am

Seen nothing to suggest hes good enough. Think he's found his level and even now he's struggling.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:45 am

Another great display against Boro away ,Cardiff grinding out a 0-1 win with Marko controlling the middle with a real intelligence ,getting more in tune with every game he plays.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:32 pm

Been reading a few Cardiff forums (there's a few, who knew?!) to see what they think of him. Needless to say they're impressed and think he's 2 seconds ahead of the rest of the team which sometimes leads him to play simple balls to retain possession. He sometimes guilty of letting players runs passed him but that will come with age. Certainly prem quality tho
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:53 pm

Klopptomaniac » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:32 am wrote:Been reading a few Cardiff forums (there's a few, who knew?!) to see what they think of him. Needless to say they're impressed and think he's 2 seconds ahead of the rest of the team which sometimes leads him to play simple balls to retain possession. He sometimes guilty of letting players runs passed him but that will come with age. Certainly prem quality tho

Do you know what mate,I've been watching the lad in the Championship and in his last two games he has protected the back four with a real authority and to a large extent controlled and dictated the flow of the game from the middle with genuine game intelligence. I don't think you can teach that,I believe the ability to read the drop of a ball and to be a yard ahead of your opponent when intervening is a gift that few young midfielders possess. Grujic will get better with every game he plays for Cardiff in their promotion push and he's already becoming one of the most talked about players in the Championship. I'm still of the opinion that procuring Grujic was a real coup for the club,I held that view when we signed the lad and I have seen nothing from his appearances in the Championship that would dissuade me from those earlier observations.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:45 pm

Glad to hear he’s doing well, in pre season he’s shown he has talent so it’s good that he’s getting some experience under his belt, I hope Cardiff get promoted so we can loan him again and he can get premiership experience and then hopefully come back to us ready to go into the first team.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:04 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:42 am

Marko winner for Cardiff
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri May 11, 2018 3:11 pm

Now that Cardiff have won promotion to the Premier League ,I thought it would be interesting to gauge what Cardiff fans thought of his overall impact ,so here's a few 

I'd take him back in a heartbeat.
Bloke looked different class to me.

I still don't understand why he didn't play in the last game (or even those where Gunnar was picked infront of him). Without him I really doubt we would have put that long winning run in just after he signed.

Warnock was obviously proved right the way it turned out but I'd love to know the thinking. Grujic certainly seemed to be enjoying the celebrations on Sunday so if there was any rift it was well hidden.

I think a season long loan with us would suit both clubs unless Liverpool struggle to sign replacements for Chan and Oxlade-Chamberlain. He's just the type of midfield player we're going to need as we will have to retain possession better in the Prem.Having said all that I'll go with whatever Mr Warnock decides.

Depends how he plays at the World Cup for Serbia. If he has a good one, then he may want to cash in for a big money move somewhere, if Liverpool don’t want to keep him.

Totally agree. I would love to have him back here for us in the prem.

Not sure Jules, Perhaps I am the stupid one ( likely ) but for me , he won the majority of his headers and his passing and ball control was brilliant. Seems odd that he used Gunnar so much in the final few games.

None of it matters now as we went up but i'm sure a few would've been asking questions re Grujic hadn't we been promoted on Sunday.

He was very rash, so in the running he was a red card waiting to happen. So i get it.
But technically looked very good, once hes fully match fit.

I don't think we will see him again.

Would take him here everyday of the week, only player who can play a forward pass with the ball remaining on the floor.

But like someone said he was played all the way to the point he met the 13 game requirement he had play.

NW could, of course, be playing the long game. If we appear to be too anxious to get every second out of him, it only pushes up his value either in next season's loan fees, or for an outright purchase. Why would we want to do that? I'm not saying it's the case, but NW knows his stuff and it's certainly a possible strategy.

I would love to see him return to us, we would carry on improving under Warnock too in my opinion.

I don't understand this Grujic obsession. He was shocking against Millwall and hardly shone in most of the other games. You can see he has a touch of class - his goal against Burton being the highlight- but he didn't do anywhere near enough to warrant having him back for next year.

He ***** Warnock off at Hulll that’s why and you won’t see him in a city shirt again because Warnock said he can’t trust him

wouldnt sign him

That’s one huge joke for me .... Go down in Bluebirds folklore!! :lol:

The guy done well in most of the games but I wouldn’t want him back next season. He’s little chance of breaking into Liverpool’s team IMO as well.
There’s better out there for us next season.

If he was that good why did NW only play him just enough not to be fined by Liverpool?
I thought he was ok !! but what do I know

Grujic was also willing to do the dirty work – wonder why Warnock was so keen to land him?! - earning himself five yellow cards across his 13 league appearances.

Most tellingly of all, though, is the fact that just one of those matches ended in defeat, suggesting that he was certainly doing something right, even if a lot of his work can often go a little under the radar.

Too often in games he would appear to lose concentration in those early stages of his loan, yet moments later he would play an impressive pass or produce a strong challenge, providing a reminder that this is a player heralded as potentially one of the next big things.

Just one goal and zero assists is something that does need to be improved on, although ultimately – and a look through his social media posts highlights this – Grujic quite simply loved playing on a more regular basis.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Mon May 14, 2018 12:22 pm

I’m not so sure about Grujic if I’m honest. He’s definitely not a DM as he simply doesn’t have the intelligence off the ball to play it and is reckless with his tackling. After starting strong with Cardiff he’s found himself warming the bench towards the end of the season. He’s good with the ball at feet and getting forward so he’s best suited to one of the 2 box to box roles we have. I’m sure he’ll spend pre-season with Klopp and if Ox has an ACL then I can see us holding on to Grujic until January but he’ll have to make some giant strides to get some decent playing time here and he’s probably best trying to do that that on loan at PL side lower down the table.
Eagle

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion