Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:49 pm

According to Twatter....we've been quoted £60m by Roma for Alisson and told them to shove it.

I imagine they're starting to feel hard done by over the Salah deal and want to maximize the cash on their keeper. Not surprised we've pulled out.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:47 pm

Yup Roma will want to snap all that they can from us. We shouldn't bother if they quote ridiculous sums.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:59 am

Actually I'm not familiar with this Roma keeper at all. Is he reall good? Or he's just so so?Haven't been watching Serie A for years now and I can't believe Buffon is still playing...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:18 am

Distraction:  watch this, what a team...  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aAIl876zVU
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:42 am

Reg » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:18 am wrote:Distraction:  watch this, what a team...  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aAIl876zVU

:buttrock
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:44 am

maguskwt » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:59 am wrote:Actually I'm not familiar with this Roma keeper at all. Is he reall good? Or he's just so so?Haven't been watching Serie A for years now and I can't believe Buffon is still playing...
I think he's been so so in the past few seasons.. but this has been his break out year. I've watched him a few times this year and he looks like a great shot stopper he's quite agile for a big guy and he's a better kicker than both migs and Karius. He sees danger quick and is fast off of his line.

He tends to has his Barthez moments where he's messing around pretending the balls a tennis ball and bouncing it up and down with the palm of his hand, and he also likes his saves for the cameras when he could easily just catch the ball.

He is Brazil's no1 over Ederson at present, but that means nothing because Oscar gets picked over Firmino.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:22 am

UvS xR4GEx » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:44 am wrote:
maguskwt » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:59 am wrote:Actually I'm not familiar with this Roma keeper at all. Is he reall good? Or he's just so so?Haven't been watching Serie A for years now and I can't believe Buffon is still playing...
I think he's been so so in the past few seasons.. but this has been his break out year. I've watched him a few times this year and he looks like a great shot stopper he's quite agile for a big guy and he's a better kicker than both migs and Karius. He sees danger quick and is fast off of his line.

He tends to has his Barthez moments where he's messing around pretending the balls a tennis ball and bouncing it up and down with the palm of his hand, and he also likes his saves for the cameras when he could easily just catch the ball.

He is Brazil's no1 over Ederson at present, but that means nothing because Oscar gets picked over Firmino.

Hmmm... never really liked brazilian keepers mate, they seem to be abit more flamboyant than others. Admittedly there has been pretty good ones in the past...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:03 pm

Klopp reignites Liverpool interest in €35m France midfielder
Date published: Wednesday 21st February 2018 12:38

Liverpool have reportedly moved to the front of the queue to sign Geoffrey Kondogbia from Inter Milan – after loan club Valencia cooled their plans to make his transfer permanent this summer.

Kondogbia joined the La Liga side on a €10m season-long loan from the Nerazzurri last summer – with the deal including an option to make the move a permanent €25m deal at the end of the season.

But according to Marca, Valencia remain unsure about making the move permanent with owner Peter Lim yet to decide what the club will around the player in the summer window.

It’s suggested because Valencia have several players on similar agreements, they could look to prioritise these first and pass on the chance to make Kondogbia’s stay permanent.

Furthermore, Don Balon believe this will let in other suitors as a result  – with Jurgen Klopp ready to come back in for a player, who came under Liverpool’s radar last summer.

The Reds are in the market for a new defensive midfielder amid mounting fears that Emre Can will walk away from Anfield on a free transfer this summer. Real Madrid became the latest club linked with the in-demand German on Tuesday.

The Reds have been linked with moves for Leicester’s Wilfried Ndidi, while Watford’s Abdoulaye Doucoure has also been touted as a target.

However, Klopp has a long-standing interest in Kondogbia and a move for the former Monaco and Sevilla man would make plenty of sense if the price is right, despite claims from China that Guangzhou Evergrande are interested in him too.

The midfielder has been capped five times by France and cost Inter €31million in the summer of 2015.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:59 pm

Reg » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:03 pm wrote:Klopp reignites Liverpool interest in €35m France midfielder
Date published: Wednesday 21st February 2018 12:38

Liverpool have reportedly moved to the front of the queue to sign Geoffrey Kondogbia from Inter Milan – after loan club Valencia cooled their plans to make his transfer permanent this summer.

Kondogbia joined the La Liga side on a €10m season-long loan from the Nerazzurri last summer – with the deal including an option to make the move a permanent €25m deal at the end of the season.

But according to Marca, Valencia remain unsure about making the move permanent with owner Peter Lim yet to decide what the club will around the player in the summer window.

It’s suggested because Valencia have several players on similar agreements, they could look to prioritise these first and pass on the chance to make Kondogbia’s stay permanent.

Furthermore, Don Balon believe this will let in other suitors as a result  – with Jurgen Klopp ready to come back in for a player, who came under Liverpool’s radar last summer.

The Reds are in the market for a new defensive midfielder amid mounting fears that Emre Can will walk away from Anfield on a free transfer this summer. Real Madrid became the latest club linked with the in-demand German on Tuesday.

The Reds have been linked with moves for Leicester’s Wilfried Ndidi, while Watford’s Abdoulaye Doucoure has also been touted as a target.

However, Klopp has a long-standing interest in Kondogbia and a move for the former Monaco and Sevilla man would make plenty of sense if the price is right, despite claims from China that Guangzhou Evergrande are interested in him too.

The midfielder has been capped five times by France and cost Inter €31million in the summer of 2015.

Haven't watched much of this fella but he's built like a brick sh*t house and moves with the grace of Rhino on ice, could be just what we need  :buttrock

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby aCe' » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:54 pm

I'd be more interested in someone like Doucoure from Watford. He'd fit in nicely in our midfield next season alongside Keita. Ticks all the boxes: young, tall, strong, good composure on the ball, great energy, prem experience. Perfect replacement for Can.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:36 pm

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:11 pm

Watchd that Kondogbia a couple of years ago and he was dreadful!! I think they overrated him so much and he'll never reach his potential. He reminds me of that Renato Sanches kid at Swansea.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:34 pm

Looks like the FA have decided to take no action against Firmino, they say the allegation was made in good faith by Holgate so no action will be taken against him either. Why it's taken so long God only knows.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:53 am

Woof he looks too heavy, I think he'd struggle to match the other lads level of fitness making him constantly struggle to keep up.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:19 am

Reg » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:53 am wrote:Woof he looks too heavy, I think he'd struggle to match the other lads level of fitness making him constantly struggle to keep up.

:nod , He's got some qualities Reg but he does look ungainly and deffo not the quickest, my buttrock was tongue in cheek     :;):

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill