Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Doeboy » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:31 pm

Salah won't be going anywhere. The one Real from the premier league want is Hazard.
Doeboy

Postby electrum » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:23 pm

I'm not so sure we can ever say a particular player will be going nowhere these days

Firstly because FSG have been consistent in selling our best players throughout their tenure.

Secondly because contracts are worth less than bog roll these days...

If we ever win the Premiership with these guys in charge I think it will be despite them, not because of them.
I have little to no expectation of it happening though as it seems  top 4 is fine for them as it brings in enough money to "build the brand"
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby parchpea » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:52 pm

Liverpools policy is to buy players with a sell on value so naturally we sell them when the price is right.

Clubs that are successful rarely do that and by not doing so show the right commitment to being the best club and players dont want to leave.

It would take a huge fee to buy Salah this summer but if Madrid want him he will want to go and that puts us in a difficult position, yet again.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:09 pm

Doeboy » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:31 pm wrote:Salah won't be going anywhere. The one Real from the premier league want is Hazard.

You could be right, I was surprised to hear the other day that Hazard is 27, I thought he was about 24/25 for some reason, if he is going to make that move to one of the Spanish giants you sense it will have to happen within the next 12 months given his age/price.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:25 pm

Rumours will always circulate but my hunch is if Salah does stay consistent and we don't then in the summer of 2019 he could be gone.

His bound to have a blip here and there but his quality will remain. Real are going to have a massive summer and they will try to lure him but i can't see Salah going anywhere yet. What i say is enjoy him whilst his ours lads because it won't be for long.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:30 pm

He's numbers have been getting better and better over the last couple of seasons but not sure the rest of his game is up to Real Madrid/Barcelona standard right now. But could see PSG try to prize him away.
Eagle

Postby Doeboy » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:50 am

I'd start worrying about him moving if Salah carries on this form into next season. Then you could see some of the moneybags club circling around him. But having sold Coutinho in January, FSG know there will be uproar if another one of our star players were to leave this summer so it just won't happen imo.
Doeboy

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:58 pm

We've been linked with Leon Bailey who is a player in real form from the bundesliga and is only 20 years of age. He plays Left wing but his valuation is at the £100m Mark.
I think he has more potential than Lemar but it's a lot of money for a unproven player.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:51 am

100 million?  Is there anyone we'd pay a hundred million for? I don't think that's either Klopp nor the owner's style so I think you'll have to rethink that one mate.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:07 am

Reg » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:51 am wrote:100 million?  Is there anyone we'd pay a hundred million for? I don't think that's either Klopp nor the owner's style so I think you'll have to rethink that one mate.

We paid 75 million for a defender. What's 25 more million's for an attacker... the world's gone crazy...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:21 am

Yeah well we NEEDED a centre back, we don't need another striker to the same extent. We paid £29 million for Bobby, £34 million for Mane and £38 million for Big Mo. Total £101 million.
Last edited by Reg on Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:46 pm

I think if we did spend £100m on a attacking player we would probably do it by paying 50-60 upfront and then the rest in add ons and appearances.

I think after the Neymar, Mbappe, Coutinho sales we'll start to see a few players leaving for £100m plus in the future.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:17 am

How many clubs NEED to spend £100m on a attacking player from a vanity point of view? RM, Barca, PSG, maybe City... that's all.

So if RM come offering £150m or £200m for Mo in 12 months we might very well sell because we know we can replace him with a young, hungry up and coming Naby Keita style for 40-50-60 million. LFC don't need to spend £100m, young guns WANT to come to us, we don't need to go pay top shelf prices.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:50 am

Reg » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:17 am wrote:How many clubs NEED to spend £100m on a attacking player from a vanity point of view? RM, Barca, PSG, maybe City... that's all.

So if RM come offering £150m or £200m for Mo in 12 months we might very well sell because we know we can replace him with a young, hungry up and coming Naby Keita style for 40-50-60 million. LFC don't need to spend £100m, young guns WANT to come to us, we don't need to go pay top shelf prices.

Reg, you do know it's not easy to find younger players that can develop into the real deals. We've been doing that for a decade. The recent successes in players like Mane, Salah, Firmino is down to Klopp. That's where I give alot of credit to Klopp. Naby Keita im today's market is easily worth 100 million. Again credit must go to Klopp and the executives for sealing that deal in advance!
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:15 pm

maguskwt » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:50 am wrote:
Reg » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:17 am wrote:How many clubs NEED to spend £100m on a attacking player from a vanity point of view? RM, Barca, PSG, maybe City... that's all.

Reg, you do know it's not easy to find younger players that can develop into the real deals. We've been doing that for a decade. The recent successes in players like Mane, Salah, Firmino is down to Klopp. That's where I give alot of credit to Klopp. Naby Keita im today's market is easily worth 100 million. Again credit must go to Klopp and the executives for sealing that deal in advance!

Why is Keita worth 100 mill ? Not a single good reason for that imo.

Only point I have on this whole transfer business is this, the likes of City and Utd buy players who are ready to step in and help them challenge for titles. It doesnt matter if you are 22, 29, or 31 and it doesnt matter what the price tag is. If there is a player who is available who improves the starting 11 they'll be interested in signing them. Our approach is completely different and puts us at a disadvantage on a number of different fronts. Over the past 3 seasons, those 2 sides have pulled away from us in terms of readiness to do whatever it takes to go out and compete and the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal are now trying to catch up.

Even if we finish 2nd this season and Tottenham finish 3rd, the chances of both of us winning a title have taken a massive hit with what Utd and City are doing imo.

The minute Bale, Kane, Neymar, etc. become available they'll look to snatch them and pull further away.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill