NATHANIEL CLYNE - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:36 pm

woof woof ! » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:26 pm wrote:
UvS xR4GEx » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:22 pm wrote:Rumour going around that Clyne being injured isn't why he's absent at present.. He apparently failed a drugs test.

Anyone else seen this Rumour?

D'ya have a source for that rumour ?

It's all over Twitter mate. Just type in "Nathaniel Clyne drugs"
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:01 pm

Lots of rumours, not a lot of proof. Didn't Klopp say he was out until Feb anyway?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:30 pm

Yeah Klopp says he should be fit by February.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:33 am

Did a google and got as far as Nathan... when up pops failed drugs test.  :D
From those hits it seems like this rumour has been doing the rounds since September and its fuelled by some lad speculating as to why the club said he was out for a few weeks but yet didn't name him for the CL group stages. Klopp at the time said he was out and needed rest but then in November the club said he has had to have an operation and will be out till February. More fuel is now being added because there is no updates on his situation and he hasn't returned to training or been seen around the club or at any of our matches. Also its been said that it was an in house drugs test and not official from the F.A.
I suppose when you look at all that it does look a bit suspicious but surely someone reputable within the media would have got a hold of that story a long time ago and ran it. Is it possible for something that serious to be kept under wraps all this time ?.
Anyway the most important thing is that whatever is happening with him hasn't affected us. If anything it gave Gomez and T.A.A the opportunity to shine :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:51 pm

He had surgery on his back in November and is due back in full training in Feb. If he had failed a drugs test don't think the club would have said this.
Eagle

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:34 am

Eagle » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:51 pm wrote:He had surgery on his back in November and is due back in full training in Feb. If he had failed a drugs test don't think the club would have said this.

This city has always been the same, if a player is out for longer than expected then the drug rumours start doing the rounds, its ridiculous.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:03 am

I had a whatsapp saying police had found crack cocaine on a raid of his house, got to be BS as that wouldn't be kept quiet
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:39 pm

He is alive and well  :laugh:

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/li ... ty-tv-show

He has been named in our CL squad so he should be back soon enough.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:01 pm

It’s been painful watching Clyne in the opposition half in pre-season having got used to Trent last year. But I’m glad he’s back. Even though he doesn’t offer much going forward he’s a sold pair of hands to turn too defensively when we need it and we may need that from time to time this season with the inexperience of Trent.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:28 pm

Looks like he's off on loan for the rest of the season and we'll use Gomez and Milner for cover for Trent.

@_pauljoyce
Bournemouth sign Liverpool’s Nathaniel Clyne on loan
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:42 pm

Pig Catcher » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:28 pm wrote:Looks like he's off on loan for the rest of the season and we'll use Gomez and Milner for cover for Trent.

@_pauljoyce
Bournemouth sign Liverpool’s Nathaniel Clyne on loan

stupid decision which leaves exposed in case of an injury...now both fullbacks have no backups
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:55 pm

Strange choice unless he has seen someone in the youth who can step in - Gomez should be back in training in the next ten days
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:01 pm

Clyne is a solid FB. But Klopp doesnt play FBs who are just solid. The fact Milner played ahead of him against Wolves shows he's behind Trent, Gomez and Milly. He's only started one game across the PL and CL league this year so it's pretty low risk letting him go.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:28 pm

That 16 year old Ki-Jana Hoever looks brilliant.. and he's very tall for a RB. He looks comfortable on the ball abit like a young VVD. I think Jurgen will test him out in the FA cup.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:33 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:28 pm wrote:That 16 year old Ki-Jana Hoever looks brilliant.. and he's very tall for a RB. He looks comfortable on the ball abit like a young VVD. I think Jurgen will test him out in the FA cup.

Bit of a puzzler, but I trust Klopp and guess he wants to promote a youngster or has his eye on someone.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion