Transfers 2017/2018 In and out

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redshade » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:13 am

So what do you guys make of our transfer dealing for season 17/18?

Check Op for full Ins/Outsl/Loanees.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:10 pm

From Skysports

Liverpool: A+

Major ins: Virgil van Dijk (Southampton, £75m)

Major outs: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona, £146m), Daniel Sturridge (West Brom, loan), Lazar Markovic (Anderlecht, loan), Jon Flanagan (Bolton, loan), Ryan Kent (Bristol City, loan), Marko Grujic (Cardiff, loan)

MERSE SAYS: It's been a brilliant window. They needed a centre-half and they paid good money and got him. They also got £146m for Coutinho and got a big earner in Daniel Sturridge off the wage bill. It's been good business in my opinion. Top marks
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:36 pm

I don't think we have brought enough players in
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:44 pm

Despite the uproar, losing Sturridge is neither here or there. He’s contributed next to nothing since Klopp arrived. On top of the injuries, he’s quite clearly a square peg in a round hole. But letting Coutinho go without replacing him is bad no matter what angle you come at it. When you look at RBL and Monaco putting their foot down over Keita and Lemar, it looks even worse. It does sound like Klopp was the driver behind it, not happy with him faking injuries and also the stuff that came out of Brazil in the summer, but I would have kept him for the rest of the season as he was in excellent form.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:06 pm

The sale of Coutinho, rather the timing of it has disrupted our season big time. If I was the CEO of LFC I would have blocked the move until the summer.
As a result of no replacement, we will not win the champions league with our shaky defence, that just leaves top four finish, and we will need to be at our best in the final third of the season to achieve that also.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:46 am

algymoon » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:31 am wrote:The acquisition of Salah for almost £40M, it is a clear indication of f*cking nutcase manager' stupid strategy, the team's main problem is scoring goals and having a top class CF who can provide the team with 20 + goals a season, a problem which it was not resolved by the previous idiot BR or this Nutcase Klopp!.
To purchase an average and second-grade player (Salah) at £40M, it is an expensive and waste of money!, there are more vital departments and positions in the team which is needing to be sorted out, both full back position, especially left back, goalkeeping, which both squad keepers are below average and both weak!.  Top priorities is CB, and CF, at least a left back, and possibly another top keeper.
What a winger like Salah will bring to a team which is full with many wingers, Mane, Firmino, Lallaana, plus youner players!,
Let the Nutcase put him hope on the useless CF Origi who would score 7-8 goals a season if he is lucky!
It does appear that the average Salah will be the only siging of this summer, LFC is very quite in transfer market this summer!. A stark indication of LFC steady decline.

The post from Algymoron was back in June 2017 and is absolute living proof that we need to trust Klopp’s purchases. Several posters chirped in with the usual negative garbage about The Ox who is proving to be a real asset. Yes Klopp has made mistakes but Salah definitely wasn’t one of them !! I wasn’t overly excited when Liverpool bought Salah but unlike the nutcase Algymoron I had the sense to keep my mouth shut. What a fkg idiot you are  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:40 am

kazza » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:10 pm wrote:From Skysports

Liverpool: A+

Major ins: Virgil van Dijk (Southampton, £75m)

Major outs: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona, £146m), Daniel Sturridge (West Brom, loan), Lazar Markovic (Anderlecht, loan), Jon Flanagan (Bolton, loan), Ryan Kent (Bristol City, loan), Marko Grujic (Cardiff, loan)

MERSE SAYS: It's been a brilliant window. They needed a centre-half and they paid good money and got him. They also got £146m for Coutinho and got a big earner in Daniel Sturridge off the wage bill. It's been good business in my opinion. Top marks

If you look at it from a purely business point of view, he is right it has been an excellent window for our owners in the short term but from a sporting viewpoint its just not good enough for the team, club or supporters.

Its a big gamble by FSG if we miss out on Champions league then Kieta will probably be our lot in the summer as top players wont want to come and they will have to re-evaluate spending in view of the loss of UCL money.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:42 am

Pig Catcher » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:44 pm wrote:Despite the uproar, losing Sturridge is neither here or there. He’s contributed next to nothing since Klopp arrived. On top of the injuries, he’s quite clearly a square peg in a round hole. But letting Coutinho go without replacing him is bad no matter what angle you come at it. When you look at RBL and Monaco putting their foot down over Keita and Lemar, it looks even worse. It does sound like Klopp was the driver behind it, not happy with him faking injuries and also the stuff that came out of Brazil in the summer, but I would have kept him for the rest of the season as he was in excellent form.

We are now just one Firmino injury away from our season completely unraveling.
As a fan it's just so frustrating to see us take two steps forward and four steps back again, when we had Phil that front four of ours was one of the most exciting forward lines in the whole of Europe, now we seem to be more functional than inspirational.
This whole Coutinho saga has depressed me, not just because we sold our best player yet again, but because the club knew for months that he was leaving but chose not to bring in a replacement,  that to me is not the actions of a club hell bent on success.
I no longer believe that we are in this sport to win the top prizes, we have a great opportunity this year to get through to QF's of the CL but instead of pulling out all the stops to win the most sought after prize in club football the club seem happy to let this golden opportunity drift by.
This window has been an eye opener for me, I don't mind FSG but this window has forced them to put their cards on the table and to continue with the poker analogy it's sad to see that it looks like they have been bluffing all along.
As I said our actions have not been those of a club hell bent on achieving success, we have acted like a club trying to do the bare minimum to get into the top 4.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:41 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:42 am wrote:
Pig Catcher » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:44 pm wrote:Despite the uproar, losing Sturridge is neither here or there. He’s contributed next to nothing since Klopp arrived. On top of the injuries, he’s quite clearly a square peg in a round hole. But letting Coutinho go without replacing him is bad no matter what angle you come at it. When you look at RBL and Monaco putting their foot down over Keita and Lemar, it looks even worse. It does sound like Klopp was the driver behind it, not happy with him faking injuries and also the stuff that came out of Brazil in the summer, but I would have kept him for the rest of the season as he was in excellent form.

We are now just one Firmino injury away from our season completely unraveling.
As a fan it's just so frustrating to see us take two steps forward and four steps back again, when we had Phil that front four of ours was one of the most exciting forward lines in the whole of Europe, now we seem to be more functional than inspirational.
This whole Coutinho saga has depressed me, not just because we sold our best player yet again, but because the club knew for months that he was leaving but chose not to bring in a replacement,  that to me is not the actions of a club hell bent on success.
I no longer believe that we are in this sport to win the top prizes, we have a great opportunity this year to get through to QF's of the CL but instead of pulling out all the stops to win the most sought after prize in club football the club seem happy to let this golden opportunity drift by.
This window has been an eye opener for me, I don't mind FSG but this window has forced them to put their cards on the table and to continue with the poker analogy it's sad to see that it looks like they have been bluffing all along.
As I said our actions have not been those of a club hell bent on achieving success, we have acted like a club trying to do the bare minimum to get into the top 4.

Yep agree with your points about FSG, this window confirmed what we all feared, that we are clearly operating on a sell to buy policy, the net spend over the years in charge clearly show this, there not gonna be put any money in other than what we earn from sales and sponsorship, we are just another business to them plan and simple, if we win something its a bonus but the priority is making profits.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:03 pm

Severely disappointed in our overall transfer activity in January. I think this summer, transfers will be scarce also, as the world cup is on, so I'm not expecting miracle transfers from the board either.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:57 pm

Reading today the club has contracted out its goalkeeping recruitment to Austrian Hans Leitert, a keeper ‘consultant’

The madness of modern football, not just using our own staff or scouts knowledge but paying what will be a considerable fee to a guy with no connection to the club to find us a goalie.

We are all in the wrong jobs, absolutely mental.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Thu May 17, 2018 7:34 am

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue May 22, 2018 12:17 am

Summer 2018..

Out:
Klavan
Mignolet
Moreno
Hendo