JORDAN HENDERSON - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:45 pm

People forget how integral he was to our campaign when we finished second ,Henderson knows full well that the criticism of his game of late is not without foundation and he will need to take significant strides if he is to feature in our middle in the near future. I just hope he will have the shackles removed and be allowed to feature more in our attacking play because as a box to box midfielder he gives us a lot more options linking up the play,sitting deep protecting the back four just isn't his game. I honestly think he could add a lot more to our challenge to the top places if (and its a big if ) he's used to push up on the opposition,time will tell but I have a feeling we will all be grateful for his energy in the forthcoming games and back to singing his praises..... I know,crucify me for my optimism  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:50 pm

He was wonderful that season we nearly won the title. His ability to get into the box and score goals and consistently win the ball in the opposition half was a major feature of our play. It hurt us bad when he got suspended and missed those last few games. But with the reoccurring problems with his foot/ankle, I just don't think he can play that role any more. He doesn't really have the attributes to play the number 6 role and harsh as it sounds it would be in our best interests if he was on the bench when everyone is fit next season. If we had a proper number 6 flanked by Keita and Lallana/new signing that could be quite formidable.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:29 pm

I think his days are numbered upon the arrival of keita next season anyway. He will be a bench player mostly, although Klopp likes to rotate, he may get the odd game.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:07 am

Actually played well and made a difference when he came on
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby redshade » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:47 pm

Thommo's perm » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:07 am wrote:Actually played well and made a difference when he came on

Yup him Milner and Ings did make a slight difference when they came on.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:39 pm

Starting to wonder what the future holds for this guy. No longer an automatic starter and wouldn't be surprised to see him lose the captaincy in the summer either.

Wonder if he'll be happy with a squad role or will want to move on?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:55 pm

Him and Can have got to be offloaded in the summer imo. Both are average.
Keita in, and hopefully Lemar too, we'll be a real threat next season.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:11 am

Should never have been made captain. He is an average player at best and his lack of games show that he is not being selected because he isnt good enough. Klopp has to bite the bullet and get rid of him in the summer
Thommo's perm

Postby damjan193 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:45 pm

He was in awful form before his injury, and I feared that he has become undroppable because of his captaincy of both Liverpool and England. I actually thought his injury was a blessing in disguise. Good decision by Klopp to not make him an automatic starter now that he's back, since we've been doing pretty good without him. Challenging for his spot again will actually do him good I believe.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:49 pm

He's a good squad player, buy nothing more. Have a feeling he'll kick up fuss if he's on the bench and loses his England place.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:00 pm

Publicly Klopp sticks by Henderson but he’s definitely lost favour recently so doubts as to whether he will be a regular or at the club next season.

In fairness hes such tryer and I think his professionalism and hard work has taken him further than his ability. Makes me laugh how hes always pointing to where people should pass the ball  :laugh:
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:20 pm

Henderson is so undervalued its criminal ,I would have rather he had played yesterday than Can as the German was the weakest link on the pitch imo ,at least Henderson would have been switched on the whole match ,I mean Henderson would have been hung drawn and quartered if he had shown the lapses in concentration that Can did ,not least with him gifting them the possession that cost us a goal. So its no surprise that Milner rolled back the years with a performance that belied his age ,because with Can sleeping on the ball he simply had to be everywhere covering the gaps he left. Henderson will be crucial in our run in for the top places.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:12 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:Henderson is so undervalued its criminal ,I would have rather he had played yesterday than Can as the German was the weakest link on the pitch imo ,at least Henderson would have been switched on the whole match ,I mean Henderson would have been hung drawn and quartered if he had shown the lapses in concentration that Can did ,not least with him gifting them the possession that cost us a goal. So its no surprise that Milner rolled back the years with a performance that belied his age ,because with Can sleeping on the ball he simply had to be everywhere covering the gaps he left. Henderson will be crucial in our run in for the top places.

I take your point mate and even though he scored yesterday I personally wouldnt play him unless he signs a new contract.
But that doesnt change the fact that Henderson should be looking elsewhere for a job next season. If we are serious about challenging for the title next season then he isnt going to help us achieve that.
Sad but true Im afraid...
Thommo's perm

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:51 pm

Thought Henderson was brilliant yesterday,kept the ball constantly moving and our play fluent through the middle and conjured some fantastic passes,which meant our midfield never switched off for the entirety of the game.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:38 am

Yesterdays performance just about sums him up. Solid in parts, keeping the ball moving, some decent passes which caused some trouble for their defense. But then giving the ball away needlessly in dangerous positions which on another day could have cost us dearly.
Thommo's perm

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion