Liverpool V Man-City  14/01/18 KO@ 1600

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:32 pm

woof woof ! » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:44 pm wrote:Been watching a re-run of the game.

Is it just me OR did we at times ride our luck just a little bit ?

Don't want to take anything away from the job our lads did and I'm probably being super critical here BUT

4-1 up with 8 minutes to go , and the game ends 4-3  :wwww

Took the gloss of the win for me   :(

Also gotta say, Mane ! . I celebrated his goal like a nutcase, almost knocked my TV off it's stand (  :D  ) BUT, looking at it again he really should have squared it across the box.

Great result but I'm not getting carried away, we are still very much a work in progress .

Yup them coming back and almost even equalising did take the shine off the victory. We've got that bad problem of giving teams a fighting chance. Van Dijk will help but we need a couple more players at the back to rally our lads when we concede late on. A GK and another CB would be ideal. It is entertaining for neutral but for us this is a problem that needs to be resolved. Im expecting similar games in the champions league.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:51 pm

Scoring four goals made my day, BUT conceding two goals near the end, ruined it.

Shame we don't play with that intensity in every match.

We are liable to conceding goals in the latter part of matches for some reason :(
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:54 pm

We ***** that game, only tiredness and sloppiness at the back let City back in the game,and considering they had run their legs off for for 90 mins, it was always going to be a factor. I mean,the fact we scored 4 against the media's all conquering super squad and the greatest manager since well .........the last manager who had limitless funds to cherry pick the cream of Europe's elite players ,then it must have been a fluke and obviously an off day for both manager and team because surely no manager outwits Guardiola from a technical or tactical perspective,at least that's what I'm led to believe anyway  ??? 

Or another train of thought for the more perceptible ,could be,we actually blew this immense and phenomenal attacking unit out of the f*cking water by suggesting we're the best and the most exceptional attacking unit and Guardiola's use of the genpress this season was born of being blown away last season by the system Klopp utilised.

Ironic really ,who would have thought that buying the best players for each position and borrowing another managers style of play and branding it your own would have led to walking the title  ???

f*cking delighted we ended this ***** winning run  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:51 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:54 pm wrote:We ***** that game, only tiredness and sloppiness at the back let City back in the game,and considering they had run their legs off for for 90 mins, it was always going to be a factor. I mean,the fact we scored 4 against the media's all conquering super squad and the greatest manager since well .........the last manager who had limitless funds to cherry pick the cream of Europe's elite players ,then it must have been a fluke and obviously an off day for both manager and team because surely no manager outwits Guardiola from a technical or tactical perspective,at least that's what I'm led to believe anyway  ??? 

Or another train of thought for the more perceptible ,could be,we actually blew this immense and phenomenal attacking unit out of the f*cking water by suggesting we're the best and the most exceptional attacking unit and Guardiola's use of the genpress this season was born of being blown away last season by the system Klopp utilised.

Ironic really ,who would have thought that buying the best players for each position and borrowing another managers style of play and branding it your own would have led to walking the title  ???

f*cking delighted we ended this ***** winning run  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock

Well RBG, I guess thanks for starting to put your version of "sarcasm smileys" behind your sarcasms?  ???

:D
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:57 am

woof woof ! » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:44 pm wrote:Been watching a re-run of the game.

Is it just me OR did we at times ride our luck just a little bit ?

Don't want to take anything away from the job our lads did and I'm probably being super critical here BUT

4-1 up with 8 minutes to go , and the game ends 4-3  :wwww

Took the gloss of the win for me   :(

Also gotta say, Mane ! . I celebrated his goal like a nutcase, almost knocked my TV off it's stand (  :D  ) BUT, looking at it again he really should have squared it across the box.

Great result but I'm not getting carried away, we are still very much a work in progress .

Totally agreed with your sentiments woof. I would be jumping with joy and would be optimistic for the whole week if we had won 4-1. But after the final whistle I felt meh... but then again, 3 pts is what it counts and beating the runaway leaders is what mattered. Of course thatbis not to say that we shouldnt be looking for a new keeper. When clyne come back and we settle for a consistent back four in Clyne, Matip, VVD, Robertson, we will be quite solid defensively...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:57 am

maguskwt » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:51 am wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:54 pm wrote:We ***** that game, only tiredness and sloppiness at the back let City back in the game,and considering they had run their legs off for for 90 mins, it was always going to be a factor. I mean,the fact we scored 4 against the media's all conquering super squad and the greatest manager since well .........the last manager who had limitless funds to cherry pick the cream of Europe's elite players ,then it must have been a fluke and obviously an off day for both manager and team because surely no manager outwits Guardiola from a technical or tactical perspective,at least that's what I'm led to believe anyway  ??? 

Well RBG, I guess thanks for starting to put your version of "sarcasm smileys" behind your sarcasms?  ???

You're welcome,you know how much I value your opinion  ???   :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:34 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:57 am wrote:
maguskwt » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:51 am wrote:

You're welcome,you know how much I value your opinion  ???   :D

And I, yours.  ???    :D
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:41 pm

maguskwt » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:34 am wrote:
And I, yours.  ???    :D

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:00 pm