The Midfield situation and formation..

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:22 am

I wonder how llalana will fit into the current team!? Maybe on the bench, or would you drop Can/ Wjnaldum etc. It's gonna be a head scratcher for Jurgen.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:28 am

Yup i was thinking about the same thing. I guess it will be rotation mate just as Oxlaide.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:42 pm

It's great that now we are not a one man team anymore. In the past when we used have our main man missing we tended to panic and couldn't wait for his return. Now we've got Mane, Firmino, Coutinho and Salah. If one is out the blow is not bad as it used to be in the past because we've got players like Lallana or Oxlaide who can fill in the void. The way Klopp has created this attack to share goals works really really well.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:06 pm

If one gets injured, we should have enough cover to maintain our performances. That will be the big test for us. We have already had Mane and Coutinho out for spells this season and we have coped OK.
Hopefully we can finish the season strongly this time. Midfield personnel of llalana, hendo, can, wjnaldum, oxlade-chamberlain, Coutinho, and also milner, should be adequate cover.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:19 am

The Midfield needs addressing also in the transfer market, especially if Coutinho departs.
Can, Hendo and Milner all need to be offloaded in the summer
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:32 pm

Our Midfield let us down today also Versus the Mancs. All that posession, and all we can do is this tippy tappy five yard side to side passing that gets you nowhere>?

None of our Midfielders....Can, Milner, Hendo, Lallana,. Ox etc are good enough to lace Stephen Gerrards boots. We need a major overhall.

None of them can shoot from outside the box, or create chances for our strikers.

In the summer, we need more than Keita in midfield. We also need Thomas Lemar.

OUT definately in the summer should be Hendo and Can. Nowhere near good enough quality.

I feel this is the area that lets us down more than the defence as none of our midfielders have much creativity.

Unless a major overhaul is done, FORGET challenging for the league anytime soon.

:no
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:57 pm

Bring back stevie G ffs.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:24 pm

I'm sure he would come back if you asked him personally?
:laugh:
Thommo's perm

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:02 pm

Thommo's perm » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:24 pm wrote:I'm sure he would come back if you asked him personally?

:laugh: , look out  :lookaround

Before you know it, he's best mates with Stevie G AND "Benny the Noon "  no doubt he'll be having a word with both of them !

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:41 pm

Thommo's perm » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:24 pm wrote:I'm sure he would come back if you asked him personally?

I would actually give stevie G a two year deal, even on his 37/38 year old legs. It's a better option than the clueless clowns we have right now.
All useless.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:34 pm

From Henderson, Milner, Gini and Ox, which 3 would you start with against Roma? It's gonna be harsh as they all have strong cases to start, but one of the 4 will be on the bench.
Eagle

Postby damjan193 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:31 am

I think Henderson, Milner and Ox are in slightly better form than Gini at the moment, so I'd go with those 3.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:11 am

damjan193 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:31 am wrote:I think Henderson, Milner and Ox are in slightly better form than Gini at the moment, so I'd go with those 3.

Me too.
Next season with the arrival of Keita, we will have enough options in midfield to rotate. Lallana fully fit as well will be like another new signing for the club.

Next season (assuming Can is leaving) we should have: Milner, Hendo,Ox, wjnaldum, Lallana and keita.

I'm just wondering if we require any further additions in the summer to strengthen our midfield more to give us further attacking options !? Lemar, jorginho etc.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:18 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:11 am wrote:
damjan193 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:31 am wrote:I think Henderson, Milner and Ox are in slightly better form than Gini at the moment, so I'd go with those 3.

Me too.
Next season with the arrival of Keita, we will have enough options in midfield to rotate. Lallana fully fit as well will be like another new signing for the club.

Next season (assuming Can is leaving) we should have: Milner, Hendo,Ox, wjnaldum, Lallana and keita.

I'm just wondering if we require any further additions in the summer to strengthen our midfield more to give us further attacking options !? Lemar, jorginho etc.

Out of that 6, only Ox, Wjnaldum and Keita are for now and future. Milner, Hendo and Lallana are maybe just useful for 1 or 2 more seasons. So therefore, I would be looking to bring in a quality CM who are both defensively good as well as can initiate attacks.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:12 pm

I see your point. Hendo isn't great and Milner / Lallana age is a factor. If we do replace I hope Jurgen does so with top quality.

I personally would go for Lemar, as he's only 22 and is yet to reach his peak. But only for a max of 70m,not 90m. I don't think our club would pay that much.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion