Arsenal v LIVERPOOL Friday 22nd Dec 2017 7.45pm KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:39 pm

only me » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:36 pm wrote:
Ghost of Shankly » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:54 pm wrote:Shouldn't play Mignolet again this season. Drop the clown. Karius from now on please, before it wrecks our season.
We are lucky to still be in fourth place currently, as our defence is straight out of division 2.

Memory problems lads? Karius was a liability as well..Ward is the only one not getting his chance..

Noted. But Karius is marginally better than Migs. I cringe every time a cross goes in. Ward is a totally unknown quantity, throwing him right in at the deep end!?? Yes, good logic lad. :(
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:19 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:13 pm wrote:It's a big month coming up for us, it was obvious even last summer that our defence wasn't good enough and to be fair to the club they knew it themselves, when you are willing to not just break but smash the world transfer record for a defender you are plainly not doing that for a laugh.
We made the mistake though of thinking Southampton would cave in at the last minute which obviously didn't happen, I give the club a pass on that though because £70m is quite frankly ridiculous money for VVD and LFC were well within their rights to expect a selling club like Southampton to cash in like they have done in the past.
We can't make that same mistake again though, we can't spend a month chasing the same player only for the deal not to materialise.
Signing the likes of Lemar and Kovacic would be incredible but imo this clubs number 1 priority during the window should be to ensure that we go into February with a better defence than we had in December. I love Jurgen but if he doesn't buy or loan at least 1 defender this window then it will be an act of gross negligence. We are only halfway through the season yet we have had collapses against Watford, City, Spurs, Seville, Arsenal and very nearly Leicester as well, our defence is a running joke throughout the league, to not do something about it for 2 windows running would be beyond the pail.

I actually thought it was gross negligence in the summer window not to bring in a defender. I fully understand we wanted Van Dijk but not to have a backup plan, even if it is a loan signing is poor stuff imo. January is notoriously hard to get deals done and I think we will try for VVD again but I wouldn't hold my breath on that one going through, especially if the likes of Man City get involved. However VVD is not Baresi and I'm sure there are viable alternatives available. If it doesn't come off, we have to move on and target someone else. Chelsea picked up Rudiger and spurs picked up Sanchez, both in the £35-40m bracket and both look decent buys so tells you there are good central defenders about other than VVD
Doeboy

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:53 am

Papers saying we are edging closer to a 70m deal for him. Twice as much as we should be paying for him, imo
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:00 pm

bunglemark2 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:53 am wrote:Papers saying we are edging closer to a 70m deal for him. Twice as much as we should be paying for him, imo

Will have more add-ons and clauses than a dodgy timeshare in Spain...

I imagine we'll pay £35 - 45m up front, with the rest coming in performance-related sections.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:20 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:Papers saying we are edging closer to a 70m deal for him. Twice as much as we should be paying for him, imo

Yeah its all over the place. The few I had read were quoting other newspapers as the source except the Express who is quoting yer man Indikaila from twitter.  :D
Being honest 35mil is still a disgusting amount never mind 100k a week which is what he's likely to earn. It isn't our money and if he makes the difference in that defence then he will have been worth 100  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games