Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:48 am

Mignolet should have done better.
https://youtu.be/JJ3V-YFrddo

I don't know how he miss timed it.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Penguins » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:00 am

Another 3 pts ***** down the drain for the umpteenth time this season....
So wasteful the team and season has been.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:08 am

We look like conceding three goals against any team, not just Arsenal, which is a worry. Same as last season, so not much has changed.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:53 am

That game just epitomised us. Up and down, up and down.

Should have been out of sight in the first half. Yet even with us the term 'out of sight' doesn't hold. I mean we were 2-0 and within a matter of minutes that became 3-2.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:58 am

Our results vs the top sides have been poor compared to last season.

Arsenal W 4-0 H
City L 5-1 A
Spurs L 4-1 A
Man Utd D 0-0 H
Chelsea D 1-1 H
Arsenal D 3-3 A

Pld 6 W-1 D-3 L-2

Had we converted vs mannure and held on our lead against Chelsea and Arsenal things could've looked different.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:12 am

kazza » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:28 pm wrote:I think we will win easily barring poor refereeing/injury despite the fact they will be looking for revenge. They don't know how to park a bus and that seems the only type of team that give us trouble. There are dressing room issues with Sanchez and Ozil and Girud is injured, I can't see us losing this one.

Forgot to add poor defending and p1ss poor goalkeeping
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby algymoon » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:46 am

No one really can blame the likes of Coutinho and CAN be leaving for better teams other than this very poor Liverpool side under the management of an utter Nutcase, who keep saying his team will improve defensively!! a total nonsense, from the outset his team defence never a water tide leaking goals like hot cakes!! How many times the nutcase's team were ahead 3-0 ahead start, and almost lost a game, the goalkeeping and defence is none existing (all major duds) and the nutcase keeps saying we will improve. How can you alter a DUD   To give three goals away in five minutes really this team belong to the lower half of the league table!
I think Arsenal will finish the season above Liverpool because they have a wise manager, however, his players do let him down sometimes, but he will get the best out of them to finish fourth.
algymoon

Postby only me » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:53 pm

algymoon » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:46 am wrote:No one really can blame the likes of Coutinho and CAN be leaving for better teams other than this very poor Liverpool side under the management of an utter Nutcase, who keep saying his team will improve defensively!! a total nonsense, from the outset his team defence never a water tide leaking goals like hot cakes!! How many times the nutcase's team were ahead 3-0 ahead start, and almost lost a game, the goalkeeping and defence is none existing (all major duds) and the nutcase keeps saying we will improve. How can you alter a DUD   To give three goals away in five minutes really this team belong to the lower half of the league table!
I think Arsenal will finish the season above Liverpool because they have a wise manager, however, his players do let him down sometimes, but he will get the best out of them to finish fourth.

Who the Fck is Can and who the Fck are you? If it hurts you to watch CL football and CL spot battle with LFC then Fck off and return when he is gone.. This isn't a therapy group for ignorant bitters.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby carttheboss » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:39 pm

I have never written on these forums before but after last night I just had to get this off my chest.
I have supported Liverpool for over 45 years. I have followed some truly great teams with a multitude of fantastic, legendary players and incredible managers. With such characters involved, as a supporter, you always felt an inner confidence that Liverpool would succeed. Unfortunately, now, with this side, and especially this manager, I have no such confidence! I find the experience of watching my boyhood, lifelong team extremely stressful and frustrating to the point of distraction!
Klopp has been brought in to bring success back to Liverpool, hopefully in an entertaining and slick style that the fans will enjoy. I am a fan of the theory! However,my understanding of the game means there should be a balance between attacking prowess and defensive nouse. We have totally lost our balance!!!!
We desperately need to bring in an experienced, successful defensive coach to work alongside Klopp, invest in three, four or even five proven defenders, buy a reliable goalkeeper and try to stop these horrendous calamitous collapses! Watching on as a supporter, you never, ever believe the game is won. Someone high up at Liverpool needs to inform Klopp that defending properly, securely and professionally doesn't equate to boring football!
You generally find that the side that concedes the least goals over a season aren't a million miles away from winning the League come May!
Please Jurgen, restore the balance and quick, my nerves and mental wellbeing is being severely tested!!!!
carttheboss
LFC newBie

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:44 pm

Mignolet should be dropped indefinitely, Larry Grayson had stronger wrists  ??? I just don't get why Klopp persists with playing this blurt between our sticks ,the manager is moulding this team into one of the best attacking units in Europe,so to perpetually shoot himself in the foot by playing a keeper who is regularly out of position and neither possesses the game intelligence to put himself in the correct position is totally baffling.

I mean the managers loyalty will continually only swing one way if Mignolet is devoid of the basic attributes we expect most keepers to have. I just think its about time the manager realized just how inept Mignolet truly is and accept he is feeble minded and no imparting of trust is ever going to change that !

I honestly think if Klopp had stuck with Karius and afforded him the games and the same ridiculous level of patience as he has Mignolet then we would have a good keeper and a consistent one at that,but if he's not allowed the games to integrate into the team then its something we will never learn.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:13 pm

It's a big month coming up for us, it was obvious even last summer that our defence wasn't good enough and to be fair to the club they knew it themselves, when you are willing to not just break but smash the world transfer record for a defender you are plainly not doing that for a laugh.
We made the mistake though of thinking Southampton would cave in at the last minute which obviously didn't happen, I give the club a pass on that though because £70m is quite frankly ridiculous money for VVD and LFC were well within their rights to expect a selling club like Southampton to cash in like they have done in the past.
We can't make that same mistake again though, we can't spend a month chasing the same player only for the deal not to materialise.
Signing the likes of Lemar and Kovacic would be incredible but imo this clubs number 1 priority during the window should be to ensure that we go into February with a better defence than we had in December. I love Jurgen but if he doesn't buy or loan at least 1 defender this window then it will be an act of gross negligence. We are only halfway through the season yet we have had collapses against Watford, City, Spurs, Seville, Arsenal and very nearly Leicester as well, our defence is a running joke throughout the league, to not do something about it for 2 windows running would be beyond the pail.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:54 pm

Shouldn't play Mignolet again this season. Drop the clown. Karius from now on please, before it wrecks our season.
We are lucky to still be in fourth place currently, as our defence is straight out of division 2.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:36 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:54 pm wrote:Shouldn't play Mignolet again this season. Drop the clown. Karius from now on please, before it wrecks our season.
We are lucky to still be in fourth place currently, as our defence is straight out of division 2.

Memory problems lads? Karius was a liability as well..Ward is the only one not getting his chance..
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:06 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:13 pm wrote:It's a big month coming up for us, it was obvious even last summer that our defence wasn't good enough and to be fair to the club they knew it themselves, when you are willing to not just break but smash the world transfer record for a defender you are plainly not doing that for a laugh.
We made the mistake though of thinking Southampton would cave in at the last minute which obviously didn't happen, I give the club a pass on that though because £70m is quite frankly ridiculous money for VVD and LFC were well within their rights to expect a selling club like Southampton to cash in like they have done in the past.
We can't make that same mistake again though, we can't spend a month chasing the same player only for the deal not to materialise.
Signing the likes of Lemar and Kovacic would be incredible but imo this clubs number 1 priority during the window should be to ensure that we go into February with a better defence than we had in December. I love Jurgen but if he doesn't buy or loan at least 1 defender this window then it will be an act of gross negligence. We are only halfway through the season yet we have had collapses against Watford, City, Spurs, Seville, Arsenal and very nearly Leicester as well, our defence is a running joke throughout the league, to not do something about it for 2 windows running would be beyond the pail.

Think Klopp's patience has worn out TBH. In the post match presser he said "We had five minutes where we had obvious problems, that's how it is. Individual problems."

Hopefully that means new defenders and goalkeeper are incoming...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:14 pm

only me » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:36 pm wrote:
Ghost of Shankly » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:54 pm wrote:Shouldn't play Mignolet again this season. Drop the clown. Karius from now on please, before it wrecks our season.

Memory problems lads? Karius was a liability as well..Ward is the only one not getting his chance..

Don't know why Ward has not yet demanded a transfer. If I were him, seeing what's in front of me and getting picked ahead of me, I'd be off
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games