LIVERPOOL v WBA Wed 13th Dec 8.00pm KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:45 pm

We are not a million miles away, we have played 26 games in all competitions so far this season and only lost 3 of them, and 1 of those was that League Cup tie away at Leicester when the likes of Ward, Woodburn, Grujic, Solanke and Ings all got a run out. We went back to the King Power Stadium 3 days later and beat Leicester in the Prem with a proper side so that puts that loss into perspective.
Even the City game, until the sending off we were the better side, that's not my opinion but the opinion of Martin Tyler and Gary Neville who were commentating on the game.
Out of 26 games the only real stinker was the Spurs game at Wembley which was littered with individual errors so in a way we are consistent, we are not an easy team to beat and that's with a dodgy defence and keeper so Jurgen has done well with them.
We just need to strengthen the squad imo, improving our midfield is a must, we appeared in 2 CL finals in 3 years under Rafa with the likes of Milan Baros and a misfiring Dirk Kuyt up front because our midfield was so strong, when we don't score people often point the finger at our front 4 but the midfield play a big role in that too.
Let's see what January brings.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:13 pm

Next up Bournemouth. They played very well at old Trafford last night came out and attacked, so no easy games any more..I think we conceded 3 goals at their place last season?
I'm just sick to the back teeth of us squandering our possession and chances in matches, that's the reason we have dropped so many points this season. I'm expecting us to drop a load more also.
We always try and pass the ball into the net instead of shooting from outside the box against teams who park the bus.a lot if these lesser teams are going to be hard to break down. We need a top striker imo.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:23 pm

Klopptomaniac » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:22 am wrote:
Ghost of Shankly » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:52 pm wrote:Brilliant one minute, average the next.. You lot figure it out, cos I can't.
You don't see these problems at Man Utd and City this season, they are generally consistent.
Maybe their are too many average players in our squad that need shifting out. That is what I believe. Firminho and others etc, they don't do it in every game, unfortunately, and Can, Hendo, Milner, wjnaldum have weaknesses to their game also.
Can't blame salah today, as he's played out of his skin so far.

Man U have been consistent yes, consistent at putting the watching world to sleep while they slug out a win. Granted they're winning, but they're a bang average side. They're littered with problems. The only squad which doesn't really have an issue is City and that's why they're 11 points clear.

We're inconsistent because that's the calibre of players we have. This is only Klopp's second full season. Most of his signings have improved the squad, we'll keep improving with him at the helm.

I'm sure we will be stronger next season, but what will be the aim next season, 4th place again??, maybe 3rd.
Man City will go out and spend another 200m next summer, Chelsea/ Man Utd will also spend big. I'm not joking for us to realistically challenge for the league we need a striker like Harry Kane in a Red shirt. Sell Coutinho, then bid 120m for Kane.
Then next season, with keita, VVD, lemar and Kane, we'd be serious contenders.
That's the reality my friend :)
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:10 pm

Disappointed to draw. Ironically, I thought we played better on Sunday with the weaker team...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:56 pm

Last 2 results, especiallt due to the fact we were at home against 2 sides who have been very poor this season, have been very dissapointing. However up untl that, we were really building up a head of steam and on a good run.

I look at us and we are a very good team but seem to lack a bit of know how over a course of a season. Looking at our squad, how many of them have any experience of actually winning anything?

In our heyday, we had winners throughout the team who knew what had to be done to win totles/cups and think that was a massive factor in us bossing things.

You look at City, Utd Chelsea and they have a couple of players in their squads who have been there and done it. We have some cracking players but theres not much experience in there in terms of actually winning stuff
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:06 am

We have a big problem in grinding out results. We are not always going to play awesome heavy metal footy. There will be times like against West Brom where we will be below par. It is games like those that we need to grind out a scrappy win. Mannure are probably the best team at this. How many times did we see fergie do it and also Maureen does it aswel.
Sometimes a 1-0 scrappy win does wonders for the long season.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:19 pm

Bournemouth Next up. Be a tricky affair this one. I said that about Brighton away,. and we banged Five in.

Basically, anything can happen. Depends which mood the lads are in...
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games