LIVERPOOL v WBA Wed 13th Dec 8.00pm KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:34 pm

Time to move on and put last Sunday behind us (though some of us won't stop hearing about it for months). I know it was an unbelievable chance to gain ground on 3 of our rivals and we fvcked it up by trying to be smart @rses (i.e playing our 3rd choice striker and our worst midfield pairing) but there's f**k all we can do about it now.
It's all about top 4 from here on in and because so many of the top teams dropped points last weekend Spurs are back in the mix again so its basically a 4 way fight for 3 places.
Let's not add insult to injury by throwing away more points against a poor side at home, let's beat these.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:38 pm

I'm exepcting another typical defensive display from these sort of teams.
West Brom are struggling and currently are under their new boy Pardew. They will play ultra defensive so I'm expecting one way traffic as usual.
We should win this one with ease.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:48 pm

No point in us having 80% posession if we are not going to make it count. We need to score and get the three points.

As for the line up? , god knows what the manager is planning to do. It would be a good game for Llalana to come back into the fold.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:03 pm

Based on the Everton line-up I'm expecting Mane and Salah on the bench and Firmino and Coutinho to start. I hope I'm wrong cos this rotation nonsense will cost us more points the more he keeps it up.
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby redshade » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:39 pm

After this we've got Bournemouth A on Sunday so i wonder what sort of rotation will Klopp do.
I think he will rest Mane and possibly play Firmino, Coutinho and Salah.
Also it depends if the fab 4 will start against Arsenal the following Friday.

It's really hard to predict our starting line up.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:49 pm

Lets not give Pardew a chance to do this tomorrow.

https://youtu.be/3nJ9Ha--pAg
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:34 pm

Must admit I used to look forward to seeing the team sheets but these days I dread it, we just haven't got a strong enough squad to continually rotate, dont get me wrong no one expects the same XI players to play week in week out for 9 solid months but im not sure we need to make 4 or 5 changes every single game either. I'm sure there's a happy medium somewhere.
All rotating does in my eyes is weaken our starting XI, yes the demands of the modern game means that it's got to happen at some point but every week? If it's weakening our starting XI shouldn't we be trying to keep it down to a bare minimum, like once a month or something?
Ironically Rafa was probably worse than Jurgen for it.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:24 am

I don't mind the rotating at all just stop giving lads their first start in important games and then bringing on lads who haven't played in the first team this season. Play your best side and when the game is won then do what you want. If we are 5 up with 5 minutes to go he can bring on Caroline if it suits him. Just get the game won  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:31 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:34 pm wrote:Must admit I used to look forward to seeing the team sheets but these days I dread it, we just haven't got a strong enough squad to continually rotate, dont get me wrong no one expects the same XI players to play week in week out for 9 solid months but im not sure we need to make 4 or 5 changes every single game either. I'm sure there's a happy medium somewhere.
All rotating does in my eyes is weaken our starting XI, yes the demands of the modern game means that it's got to happen at some point but every week? If it's weakening our starting XI shouldn't we be trying to keep it down to a bare minimum, like once a month or something?
Ironically Rafa was probably worse than Jurgen for it.

Remember when Rafa rotated for 99 games on the bounce :D.

Rotation is important when you have many games but yeah when it's too often the main xi cohesion could weaken.

If we progress in the FA cup febuary will be a crazy month. Prems games, UCL porto and potential FA cup tie.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:55 am

Looks like Salah us not playing, they say he felt a twinge in his hamstring against Everton that's why he was taken off. ???
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:56 am

Looks like Salah us not playing, they say he felt a twinge in his hamstring against Everton that's why he was taken off. ???
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:37 pm

Surely the Fab Four can manage two games in a week. It's not mount everest, is it exactly. :(
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:56 pm

We've surely got too much for West Brom, right? RIght?  ???
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:19 pm

Boocity » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:56 am wrote:Looks like Salah us not playing, they say he felt a twinge in his hamstring against Everton that's why he was taken off. ???

What a nutcase our manager is. He should have forced him to stay on because everyone knows a footballer can play 60+ games a season without getting injured    :suspect:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:28 pm

Klopptomaniac » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:56 pm wrote:We've surely got too much for West Brom, right? RIght?  ???

We had too much for Everton, Right!!! ?????

HEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLP   :help  :help
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games