DANIEL STURRIDGE- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:39 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:16 pm wrote:The arrogance of the fella astounds me,he wants to suddenly play after years of malingering because he fears missing the World Cup, Sturridge has as much chance of being included in the squad Southgate chooses for Russia as Russia have of winning the f*cking thing. The fella actually believes he deserves to be in this team based on 2 goals,and that Klopp has forgot the opportunities he was afforded to impress only to stink the place out with his indifference for the shirt.

Get rid ! I mean ,for a striker with seemingly all the talent in the world ,I've slowly but surely become heartily sick of his posturing. 

See Collymore

Baffled by this post, hes arrogant because he wants to play? isn't that the goal of every football player to be in the first team. I haven't heard any comments from Sturridge about being on the bench yet his attitude is constantly questioned by fans, what is this based on exactly? I think its pretty obvious he isn't the player he was and if you don't rate him then fair enough but why people constantly make comments against his character with zero evidence to back this up is beyond me.

As for him getting opportunities again this baffles me, the guy has had 2 starts and few sub appearances so its not like he's out there playing poorly after being given a fair crack of the whip, hes clearly a bit part player and his form reflects that of a bit part player.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:36 pm

Fowler_E7 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:39 am wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:16 pm wrote:The arrogance of the fella astounds me,he wants to suddenly play after years of malingering because he fears missing the World Cup, Sturridge has as much chance of being included in the squad Southgate chooses for Russia as Russia have of winning the f*cking thing. The fella actually believes he deserves to be in this team based on 2 goals,and that Klopp has forgot the opportunities he was afforded to impress only to stink the place out with his indifference for the shirt.

Get rid ! I mean ,for a striker with seemingly all the talent in the world ,I've slowly but surely become heartily sick of his posturing. 

See Collymore

Baffled by this post, hes arrogant because he wants to play? isn't that the goal of every football player to be in the first team. I haven't heard any comments from Sturridge about being on the bench yet his attitude is constantly questioned by fans, what is this based on exactly? I think its pretty obvious he isn't the player he was and if you don't rate him then fair enough but why people constantly make comments against his character with zero evidence to back this up is beyond me.

As for him getting opportunities again this baffles me, the guy has had 2 starts and few sub appearances so its not like he's out there playing poorly after being given a fair crack of the whip, hes clearly a bit part player and his form reflects that of a bit part player.

12 appearances,three starts   ??? So that kind of bounces your debate out of the basket and just for 'extra elucidation' as a striker I do rate him,but I've watched him fling chance after chance back in the managers and fans faces by his distinct lack of fight ( both this season and last) whilst wearing the red shirt. I even stated 'curiously enough' in the post you quoted that a striker with seemingly all the talent in the world has shown little of the attitude needed to impress the manager. I mean you're entitled to your opinion ,but speaking from a more personal perspective the Palace game (incidentally' a game early in the season) in which he started ,set in stone my opinion he needed to go.

Listen if he cant find the motivation or appetite to show the fight needed to play for this manager/ team and fans then he's best moving on !
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:31 am

He needs to be sold on I believe. I think we have seen the best of Danny boy.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby killerp » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:57 pm

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer ... 41589.html

"Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp said striker Daniel Sturridge has sustained a muscle injury and is likely to miss this weekend's Premier League clash with Leicester City."

I was on the fence 6 months ago with memories of that sas strike force...  think its clear what needs to happen next, both Ings and Sturridge need to be shipped out. Solanke is in front of these two just by fitness alone.
killerp

Postby redshade » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:14 pm

killerp » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:57 pm wrote:https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/jurgen-klopp-has-revealed-daniel-sturridge-is-injured-once-again-36441589.html

"Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp said striker Daniel Sturridge has sustained a muscle injury and is likely to miss this weekend's Premier League clash with Leicester City."

I was on the fence 6 months ago with memories of that sas strike force...  think its clear what needs to happen next, both Ings and Sturridge need to be shipped out. Solanke is in front of these two just by fitness alone.

I agree I'd sell him so we can shift Woodburn up the pecking order. Studge is done and dusted injuries have taken a toll on him.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:37 pm

Word is he is off on loan to Newcastle
Doeboy

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:49 pm

Doeboy » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:37 pm wrote:Word is he is off on loan to Newcastle

Who's word??
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby mart » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:10 pm

redshade » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:14 pm wrote:
I agree I'd sell him so we can shift Woodburn up the pecking order. Studge is done and dusted injuries have taken a toll on him.

Who will buy him with his injury record and his wages?
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:24 pm

Looks like he's off to West Brom, there was a bit of a wage issue with Newcastle apparently.
Not sure this is a great idea tbh, on the back of tonight Echo it is saying that Lallana is going to miss the next few games through injury, if we let Danny go out on loan we will be relying on Ings and Solanke if anything happens to Firmino.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:30 pm

We are taking a risk with too many out an nobody in.

Perhaps they feel top 4 is a stretch now and they are cutting out a few high earners.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:58 pm

Why we are letting him go, when Ings and Solanke are hardly world beaters, could be a mistake.

Other than Firmino, Who else is going to fill the No 9 position.

We could also do with offloading that pair., next summer and bring in a decent striker also.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:26 pm

Confirmed he has joined West Brom till the end of season.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:39 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:26 pm wrote:Confirmed he has joined West Brom till the end of season.

If Firmino gets injured we can kiss goodbye to any hopes of a top 4 finish.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:25 pm

Rumour has it we've got an emergency replacement. If we get injuries Klopp is considered playing Buvac and if his injured then Margret the Cafe lady will fill in.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:29 pm

Ings and Solanke should be the players out on loan and Sturridge and Origi should be the ones sitting on our bench.
This club makes some strange decisions sometimes.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion